• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Future Oligarchy and Cryogenics- a thought exercise

One of my favorite political pundits put this to paper the other day and I found it provocative and I'd like to hear your thoughts:
-----------------------------------------------------
Billionaire tech bro Peter Thiel says he's paid to have his body cryonically frozen when he dies in
hopes he can be revived if and when future generations figure out a solution for whatever causes his future death.

345453754_249163581000902_4587922168465550140_n.jpg

Justin Rosario

·
I want him to do this. I want all of the horrible greedy rich people to freeze themselves in hopes of waking up in the distant future.
Why? Why would I want this, you ask?
There are two futures in which science will advance enough to cure disease and resurrect the dead.
1. The corporations win: The world becomes enslaved to the rich who plunder everything to live in a paradise while the rest of us live in squalor.
The rich would, naturally, demand scientific progress to make their lives more opulent. They will also want to live forever. When they eventually figure out how to cure all disease and resurrect the frozen dead, they will bring back figures from the past as curiosities.

Peter Theil will live in a world where he has no money, all of his wealth having long ago been plundered by the new rulers of the world. No authority, because the new oligarchs will laugh at Theil's demands. No power, because anyone who ever cared about who Theil was is long dead. He will be someone's pet. "Here, look at my adorable 21st century billionaire! Can you believe people used to think that be that poor?!"
This would be hell for a narcissist like Peter Theil. His perfect world and he is now a victim of his own beliefs.

2. We win: We move beyond the greed of people like Theil and Star Trek, here we come. Progress continues and, eventually, we abolish disease and figure out how to resurrect the frozen dead. Theil is resurrected, not because he is rich, but because saving a life is the moral thing to do.
But Theil comes back to a world where his wealth is gone because money is no longer important. He has no power because his status as a hatemongering billionaire is meaningless. He cannot attract followers because his ideology is so backwards and laughable, people pity him and walk away, wondering how their ancestors could ever be so ignorant.

This would be an even worse hell for Peter Thiel. His entire worldview has been repudiated and his ideology consigned to the dustbin of history.
So yes, please freeze yourself, you rancid slab of meat. Whatever future you come back to will be a nightmare for you.

One of my favorite political pundits put this to paper the other day and I found it provocative and I'd like to hear your thoughts:
-----------------------------------------------------
Billionaire tech bro Peter Thiel says he's paid to have his body cryonically frozen when he dies in
hopes he can be revived if and when future generations figure out a solution for whatever causes his future death.

345453754_249163581000902_4587922168465550140_n.jpg

Justin Rosario

·
I want him to do this. I want all of the horrible greedy rich people to freeze themselves in hopes of waking up in the distant future.
Why? Why would I want this, you ask?
There are two futures in which science will advance enough to cure disease and resurrect the dead.
1. The corporations win: The world becomes enslaved to the rich who plunder everything to live in a paradise while the rest of us live in squalor.
The rich would, naturally, demand scientific progress to make their lives more opulent. They will also want to live forever. When they eventually figure out how to cure all disease and resurrect the frozen dead, they will bring back figures from the past as curiosities.

Peter Theil will live in a world where he has no money, all of his wealth having long ago been plundered by the new rulers of the world. No authority, because the new oligarchs will laugh at Theil's demands. No power, because anyone who ever cared about who Theil was is long dead. He will be someone's pet. "Here, look at my adorable 21st century billionaire! Can you believe people used to think that be that poor?!"
This would be hell for a narcissist like Peter Theil. His perfect world and he is now a victim of his own beliefs.

2. We win: We move beyond the greed of people like Theil and Star Trek, here we come. Progress continues and, eventually, we abolish disease and figure out how to resurrect the frozen dead. Theil is resurrected, not because he is rich, but because saving a life is the moral thing to do.
But Theil comes back to a world where his wealth is gone because money is no longer important. He has no power because his status as a hatemongering billionaire is meaningless. He cannot attract followers because his ideology is so backwards and laughable, people pity him and walk away, wondering how their ancestors could ever be so ignorant.

This would be an even worse hell for Peter Thiel. His entire worldview has been repudiated and his ideology consigned to the dustbin of history.
So yes, please freeze yourself, you rancid slab of meat. Whatever future you come back to will be a nightmare for you.
Describe that future? When he comes back in twenty years what will he see?

Back
Top Bottom