• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Funeral of President George H. W. Bush

Rexedgar

Yo-Semite!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Probably the most uncomfortable two hours of Trump’s Presidency;

From Alan Simpson’s eulogy for his friend:".....those who travel the high road of humility in Washington are not bothered by heavy traffic....."

From Alan Simpson’s eulogy for his friend:".....those who travel the high road of humility in Washington are not bothered by heavy traffic....."

Trump has been an unmitigated disaster so it is no surprise there was no interaction between him and the Clintons.

I can't believe how many times I cried throughout the day's services. When they played "Nearer My God To Thee" as his casket was removed from the hearse, I bawled. I bawled at "Hail To The Chief". I bawled when his son broke down while delivering the eulogy. Speaking of eulogies, they were brilliant. Meachem, Mulroney, Simpson....brilliant orators and they just were beautiful.

George HW Bush was a great, great man. A true hero. A wonderful husband and father. A great public servant. A wonderfully kind and humble man. I hope he is resting in the everlasting peace that he so richly deserves.

I can't believe how many times I cried throughout the day's services. When they played "Nearer My God To Thee" as his casket was removed from the hearse, I bawled. I bawled at "Hail To The Chief". I bawled when his son broke down while delivering the eulogy. Speaking of eulogies, they were brilliant. Meachem, Mulroney, Simpson....brilliant orators and they just were beautiful.

George HW Bush was a great, great man. A true hero. A wonderful husband and father. A great public servant. A wonderfully kind and humble man. I hope he is resting in the everlasting peace that he so richly deserves.

He was a reminder of what the Republican party used to be.

Now we have this:

bush-funeral-2-800x430.jpg

Everyone else is reciting the Apostle's Creed. Can you imagine how bat**** crazy the right-wing media would have gone had Obama been the one refusing to recite the Apostle's Creed?

(For proof that this was what was happened, look here).

Now we have this:

bush-funeral-2-800x430.jpg

Everyone else is reciting the Apostle's Creed. Can you imagine how bat**** crazy the right-wing media would have gone had Obama been the one refusing to recite the Apostle's Creed?

(For proof that this was what was happened, look here).

Christonacracker. I didn't even notice that while watching that part of the services today.

Disgusting. If that was Obama, the citizens of Trump Fan Nation would be tinkling in their panties and screaming for his Muslim head.

My beagle is more religious than Donald J. Trump.

He was a reminder of what the Republican party used to be.

That was the Republican Party I joined and supported. Men with souls, and hearts, and love for this country over love of self. Bush. Reagan. Dole. Real men and kind men. Not that pompous ass who the "Republicans" hold so dear today.

Do you think when Trump goes to whatever after life he's bound for (no comment on that), he will be honored and respected and mourned as GHW Bush was today, or McCain was a few months ago? Guarantee not. Will he be eulogized, as Jon Meacham eulogized Bush today, as a man born to riches who passed by an offer to spend 4 cushy years in college to instead go and fight for his country? A man who loved his wife so much that he wrote her love letters, held her hand until the day she died, and shared in the joys and sorrows of having and raising (and in the Bush case, losing) children? As a man with a great sense of humor, a natural curiosity about the world, a pathological love for the country and the burning desire to serve it with honor and dignity?

No. He will be remembered as a callous, selfish, vile, evil reality TV game show host user and manipulator that he is.

That was the Republican Party I joined and supported. Men with souls, and hearts, and love for this country over love of self. Bush. Reagan. Dole. Real men and kind men. Not that pompous ass who the "Republicans" hold so dear today.

Do you think when Trump goes to whatever after life he's bound for (no comment on that), he will be honored and respected and mourned as GHW Bush was today, or McCain was a few months ago? Guarantee not. Will he be eulogized, as Jon Meacham eulogized Bush today, as a man born to riches who passed by an offer to spend 4 cushy years in college to instead go and fight for his country? A man who loved his wife so much that he wrote her love letters, held her hand until the day she died, and shared in the joys and sorrows of having and raising (and in the Bush case, losing) children? As a man with a great sense of humor, a natural curiosity about the world, a pathological love for the country and the burning desire to serve it with honor and dignity?

No. He will be remembered as a callous, selfish, vile, evil reality TV game show host user and manipulator that he is.

Did you watch the whole thing? Bill has got some tremors in the left hand. The program was shaking until he got both hands on it. How old is WJC?

And, what is the deal between Jimmy Carter and HRC? Cold shoulder?

Did you watch the whole thing? Bill has got some tremors in the left hand. The program was shaking until he got both hands on it. How old is WJC?

And, what is the deal between Jimmy Carter and HRC? Cold shoulder?

I noticed some very odd "tics" from Bill Clinton. This sounds terrible, but he appeared to me as someone who may have suffered a stroke. I think he's about 72 or 73?

I didn't notice the cold shoulder between Carter and Hillary. I noticed the cold shoulder between the Trumps and Clintons. Odd, considering what great friends they once were.

Christonacracker. I didn't even notice that while watching that part of the services today.

Disgusting. If that was Obama, the citizens of Trump Fan Nation would be tinkling in their panties and screaming for his Muslim head.

My beagle is more religious than Donald J. Trump.

Even when howling at two in the morning. :lol:

Evangelicals didn’t elect Trump because they think he is a devout Christian.

Figured I'd open the thread to see what was said about the funeral. All I see is a Trump hate fast. Fine, the jerk wasn't into the religious part, if the other former Presidents and First Ladies knew it so well, why did they need to read it?

Does every single thread need to be about Trump? Nice of some to pick at Clinton for some infirmities. Dude is 72 years old, just let him be, not everyone ages the same way.

RIP President Bush

The services for our 41st President was emotionally moving. The eulogies and music was glorifying. God bless President George H W Bush. God bless his families.

Back
Top Bottom