• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Funeral Music

tlranger

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Hey - I'm looking for help...

Set the stage- Back in 2000 I flatlined during heart attack, virgin emt brought me back while in ambulance, makes you think..

6 mos. later, I'm putting my brother-in-law in the ground, same reason, he's only 45, makes you think...

Last year all the Hi-teck ***** (I had a device that cost more than a 2002 Merc.Benz SL) got infected, died again, Makes you think...

What I want is a kick-*ss funeral CD, And "I" want to have input into it, so start now. I quess..

Short list, to start- Spirit in the Sky - One toke over the Line - Would Jesus wear a Rolex - The Joker? - War? - yes I'm Still Serious- want a top draw list I got time.

Peace T L Ranger

At my fathers funeral we played Enter Sandman by Metallica.

True story, he rocked into the grave.....

Ozzy Osbourne - See You On the Other Side...

Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd
I Did it My Way- Frank Sinatra
The End- The Doors
Have a Drink On Me- ACDC

People:cool: You empressed the h out of me-this would have worked even on short notice:cool: please don't stop. I'm not done yet!!!There's still bad guys to get..

gr...Bo.Rh. is #3dau. 'Favv'.. song right now, her X-mas guitar rec. is tonight!!

it...F.S. great

128...Did this for my brother-in-Law -was sorta cleansing at the time.

Which begs the next ?? Music and Healing- I need to fix about 80% of a broken heart. I sometimes wonder if we know the right questions to ask?

I Want To Live Where the Green Grass Grows

Peace T L Ranger

Learnin' the Blues - Francis Albert Sinatra

Gin and Juice, because who wants to go out like a punk bitch?

Elegia-New Order
Day is Done-Nick Drake
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead-Wizard of Oz (gotta lighten it up)

What's that old 70's song -- Another One Bites the Dust. I sang it at a wedding once, but a funeral sounds good too.

Bach's Bb Minor prelude from book one of the Well Tempered Clavier, or organ Fantasia BWV 537. Then there's the Sarabande from Orchestral Suite number 2.
I could list many many more Bach works that are profoundly moving, but there's a 10,000 character limit on messages :)
As regards Rock... how about 'Thank You' by Led Zep.

Last edited:
Days-the Kinks
I'll See You In My Dreams-From the Concert For George Harrison
What If God Was One Of Us?-Joan Osborne

I'll Feel a Whole Lot Better When You're Gone....The Byrds...LOL J/K

KCConservative said:
What's that old 70's song -- Another One Bites the Dust. I sang it at a wedding once, but a funeral sounds good too.
late 70's, more 80's - keeps getting marked off "the list" by better-half, then I put it back on!! coached a highschool football team that rode that song to the State playoffs - music & emotion, strong stuff!!

Hit Me With Your Best Shot

Peace T L Ranger

galenrox said:
Oh, and by the way, definately Dust in the Wind by Kansas and I Never Cry by Alice Cooper
And Amazing Grace by Ray Charles
Dust.. & Grace, for sure, don't know about inviting Alice

Time in a Bottle.. keeps getting added, then I mark it off.

X-mas guitar Recital went well, heard Cripple Creek, Iron Man, bunch of 8th graders put - House of the Rising Sun on 'the list'

Peace T L Ranger

OdgenTugbyGlub said:
Gin and Juice, because who wants to go out like a punk bitch?

Even; Time in a.. might not be to bad if its a Cuervo bottle

Sidney Portiea(sic) movie song, Aaamen..???

Peace T L Ranger

shuamort said:
Elegia-New Order
Day is Done-Nick Drake
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead-Wizard of Oz (gotta lighten it up)
Maybe Ding a Ling ;) instead of Ding Dong

Peace T L Ranger

Tears in heaven by Clapton. If you weren't sad to see me go, I'm going to make sure you get sad about it before you leave ;)

No Quarter- Led Zeppelin
I Will Survive- Gloria Gainor
Learning to Fly- Pink Floyd

Suprized Stairway to Heaven wasn't mentioned yet.

It was played at my cousin's funeral in the early 90's. Everytime I hear or even think of that song, it reminds me of him.

Crazy, he wasn't blonde.

Back
Top Bottom