• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

fundamental flaw that needs to be corrected in congress.

What did I say that backed either group of lying, thieving whores?

Is lying, thieving whores a compliment in anyone's nomenclature?

The argument is elsewhere, you are getting off track. Now do you have something to actually say on point, or are you just here to tell me how totally not with the republicans you are. I already know where you are at in terms of supporting republican ideals. So please get back to the point which is not you.

I'm feeling much better about Montana and West Virginia these days.
I can't really argue with Sabato on his four toss-ups.
I think both parties could be surprised with their leans, especially the Dems.
Which is why I'm rededicated to these election blogs staying in the public eye.
Btw, I keep seeing delta bravo on Politico comments though I don't comment.
There's some real real whacko-birds on there, as McCain would say, like '1mrt1'.
Am I the only one that seems to feel the Republicans went into this shutdown without a real goal in mind? I mean besides defunding ACA completely which they should have known was not going to happen.

You might be just ignoring those guys since they're always accused of being Obamabots.
It says something to me when righties want to blame both, negotiate, and "can't we all just get along".
I'm still willing to give them their Keystone and eliminate the medical device tax to reopen.
Am I the only one that seems to feel the Republicans went into this shutdown without a real goal in mind? I mean besides defunding ACA completely which they should have known was not going to happen.

I'm feeling much better about Montana and West Virginia these days.
I can't really argue with Sabato on his four toss-ups.
I think both parties could be surprised with their leans, especially the Dems.
Which is why I'm rededicated to these election blogs staying in the public eye.
Btw, I keep seeing delta bravo on Politico comments though I don't comment.
There's some real real whacko-birds on there, as McCain would say, like '1mrt1'.

Right now I am not worried about WV. But if Walsh is the D nominee in MT, that very Republican State very well could continue on with two Democratic Senators. I will re-evaluate the last week of October and see how this shut down or if this shut effected any of the races. But as time goes by, I do not think the shut down will have a lasting effect or be an issue come November of next year. But it could help the Dems raise much needed money.

As far as I'm concerned, MT was Repub in POTUS for one reason. Besides Dem Senators, they also elect Dem governors.

I believe Manchin and Rockefeller will still help Tallent.
Right now I am not worried about WV. But if Walsh is the D nominee in MT, that very Republican State very well could continue on with two Democratic Senators. I will re-evaluate the last week of October and see how this shut down or if this shut effected any of the races. But as time goes by, I do not think the shut down will have a lasting effect or be an issue come November of next year. But it could help the Dems raise much needed money.

You might be just ignoring those guys since they're always accused of being Obamabots.
It says something to me when righties want to blame both, negotiate, and "can't we all just get along".
I'm still willing to give them their Keystone and eliminate the medical device tax to reopen.

You know the more I think about this, the more stupider it seems to me. Is stupider a word? I think common sense says the Keystone pipeline should have already begun to be built a long time ago and the medical device tax eliminated. I am at the point where I want our elected officials to use some common sense. But almost every one of our elected officials in Washington when they start talking about common sense, they check their change purse to see how many cents they have in it.

Two days ago, I was probably on the Republican side. Then I sat and listened and watched and as yesterday, I was saying to myself the GOP is wrong. Today and I posted it to a couple of other posters, I am wondering why in the world would the republicans expect the Democrats to pull their fat out of the fire?

By the way as I ate supper I had the news on in-between football games and one of the Republican Pundits bluntly said come 2014, Boehner will no longer be Speaker. She expects the Republicans to maintain control of the House as I do, but there will be a new Republican Speaker.

As far as I'm concerned, MT was Repub in POTUS for one reason. Besides Dem Senators, they also elect Dem governors.

I believe Manchin and Rockefeller will still help Tallent.

Manchin is close to be persona non gratta to the Democratic Party. But in WV he may be close to god. Yet with the Dems war against coal, WV will be a very hard sell. Rockefeller may be more of a hindrance than a help.

we now have the best government money can buy
that must end if we are to expect real change

only registered voters should be allowed to make campaign contributions (up to what ever limit is defined)
the prospective candidate receiving the donation must be someone who will appear on the donor's ballot (if they prevail in the primary)
all donations must be recorded on a specific federal web site for anyone to see, listing the amount, the donor, and the recipient
any funds not so listed within 10 days will be found to be bribes; the recipient can be punished by the courts for this wrongful acceptance of a bribe

notice that no PAC, union, lobby, or foreign nation can register as a voter and will no longer be able to monetarily influence elections

I've been pondering this conundrum for some time. Not sure if this is the final solution, but it's definitely a huge step in the right direction.

They voted on the bill and improved it. Sorry you do not like them doing their job and funding the government.

That's for pointing out your GLARING partisanship. Again.

The argument is elsewhere, you are getting off track. Now do you have something to actually say on point, or are you just here to tell me how totally not with the republicans you are. I already know where you are at in terms of supporting republican ideals. So please get back to the point which is not you.

I support Economically Conservative ideals. The Republicans have a whole range of social issues that are as irrelevant to government control as the social issues endorsed by the Democrats.

The Republicans stopped being Conservatives when they endorsed the intrusion of government into the private lives of individuals.

You started this thread saying that the rules of our legislature should be changed in order to promote the passage of a Continuing Resolution which would have been made unnecessary if the lying thieving whores in Congress has done their jobs six months ago and negotiated a budget which would have required that Harry Reid appoint conferees and that the two houses arrive at a compromise and sent the agreed to budget to the White House for that lying thieving whore to sign. Reid has not done this in five years. Maybe he doesn't know how.

Harry Reid never appointed the conferees. As a result, there was never a conference committee the conference committee never made recommendations.

If Reid had done his job, or if Obama had demanded that Reid do his job 6 MONTHS AGO, this would not have happened. The elected reps in the House have been trying to have a discussion on changes in Obmamacare which Obama has changed in major ways 17 times and he will not talk to them.

Honestly, if I was Boehner, I would not have been as courteous up to now and would certainly not be this courteous now. He seems to think that the office of the President deserves respect no matter how undeserving of that respect the occupant has proven himself to be. The Presesident has made it clear that he will not speak to the Republicans. If I'm Boenher, I return the favor and shut my door, too.

At least I'd be saving money in the short term.

Just wait until the debt ceiling.

Article 7 of the COTUS:

Section. 7.

All Bills for raising Revenue shall originate in the House of Representatives; but the Senate may propose or concur with Amendments as on other Bills.

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States:

If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it, with his Objections to that House in which it shall have originated, who shall enter the Objections at large on their Journal, and proceed to reconsider it.

If after such Reconsideration two thirds of that House shall agree to pass the Bill, it shall be sent, together with the Objections, to the other House, by which it shall likewise be reconsidered, and if approved by two thirds of that House, it shall become a Law. But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively. If any Bill shall not be returned by the President within ten Days (Sundays excepted) after it shall have been presented to him, the Same shall be a Law, in like Manner as if he had signed it, unless the Congress by their Adjournment prevent its Return, in which Case it shall not be a Law.

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

Thanks for having absolutely nothing insightful or constructive to say again.

I agree that noting your partisanship is not insightful, as it's pretty much already noticed by everyone here.

Back
Top Bottom