• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fund-raising Blues: DNC Remains in Debt as it Competes with Obama Group for Donors...

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
20120821-205211-pic-660219549_s160x103.jpg

Barely more than a year before the 2014 midterm elections, the Democratic National Committee is struggling to pay off debt and rebuild its war chest while competing for donations with Organizing for America, the Web-based political group created from the remnants of President Obama’s re-election organization.

Since the 2012 presidential campaign, which cost almost $7 billion and was the most expensive in history, the DNC has been struggling with a debt load that stands at more than $18 million.

The Republican National Committee, meanwhile, has no debt and about $13 million cash on hand. On virtually every major benchmark — cash on hand, debt and money raised to date — the RNC is outperforming the DNC.

democrats_s220x306.jpg

Many of the organization’s most prominent donors — those who cut checks for six figures or more — neglected to donate to the DNC this fundraising cycle.

In fact, 15 of the top 24 donors to Organizing for America have not donated to the DNC since March or earlier, according to records from the Center for Responsive Politics.

Former Federal Election Commission Chairman Michael Toner disagrees. “DNC fundraising has been hurt by the OFA, there’s no question about it,” he said.
Mr. Toner said that if the trend persists and donors continue to abandon the DNC in order to bankroll Organizing for America, it could increase the group’s debt. Mr. Toner said the DNC’s best chance for recovery is help from Mr. Obama himself.

The DNC’s financial woes also could cut into the budgets of other Democratic fundraising organizations such as the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

“The DNC’s financial difficulties will place even greater fundraising pressure on the DCCC and DSCC between now and the midterm election. Given the DNC’s fundraising struggles, it is unlikely that the DNC will be able to transfer significant funds to the DCCC and DSCC during this election cycle.”

Read more: Fund-raising Blues: DNC remains in debt as it competes with Obama group for donors - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

That's Right.....here is some more Divide between the Democrats and Obama. Which is becoming a real sticking point. Obama has only done 15 fundraisers for the DNC.

Now I don't mind Wasserman Schultz keeping the DNC in Debt. But one would think those Democrats would keep an eye on lil Debbie and who's side she really is on.

This was kind of brushed over with and by the MS Media. As we can't let all keeps seeing the Dems fall apart. At least not at the same time as the Repubs. Might then seem like the country was really falling apart. :roll:

In the mean time the GOP is continuing to increase that money. Notice that Tea party people. Especially when talking about trying to call Repubs traitors and talking about stepping up to primary challenge Republicans.

Now how does that look when the Democrats can't even pay their own bills? Do you think they have any Business talking about the economy or budgeting and can be actually taken as serious. Give me a break.

Re: Fund-raising Blues: DNC Remains in Debt as it Competes with Obama Group for Donor

Heya Pero.....when you are looking at those Polls. I hope you are also paying attention to that Democratic divide as you are with the GOP. :2razz:

Re: Fund-raising Blues: DNC Remains in Debt as it Competes with Obama Group for Donor

I imagine a lot of that debt for the Democrats is the result of so many of the key contributors funding the recent governor races in Virginia especially and New Jersey. They sunk multiple millions into the Virginia race. Oh and I forgot the millions just recently in electing Hollywood Booker to the Senate in New Jersey.
Virginia though, was key in having a Democrat Governor influence the outcome of a 2016 presidential election for a purple state. New Jersey is so heavily populated with Democrats that it wouldn't take much to persuade them in the direction of the next Democrat candidate.

Now with so little funds on hand what are the Democrats going to do with all those red state Democrats up for re-election in 2014? Long before Obamacare they were feeling the heat over the gun control legislation and Second Amendment rights. Then add the failures of Obamacare to the mix and I don't think it would matter how much they had in their coffers, these Democrat Senators are toast.

I imagine a lot of that debt for the Democrats is the result of so many of the key contributors funding the recent governor races in Virginia especially and New Jersey. They sunk multiple millions into the Virginia race. Oh and I forgot the millions just recently in electing Hollywood Booker to the Senate in New Jersey.
Virginia though, was key in having a Democrat Governor influence the outcome of a 2016 presidential election for a purple state. New Jersey is so heavily populated with Democrats that it wouldn't take much to persuade them in the direction of the next Democrat candidate.

Now with so little funds on hand what are the Democrats going to do with all those red state Democrats up for re-election in 2014? Long before Obamacare they were feeling the heat over the gun control legislation and Second Amendment rights. Then add the failures of Obamacare to the mix and I don't think it would matter how much they had in their coffers, these Democrat Senators are toast.

Heya Vesper :2wave: .....more important is what the Dems will do with Obama keeping his donor lists? Also with him limiting his fundraising for them so he can prop up his own.

Heya Vesper :2wave: .....more important is what the Dems will do with Obama keeping his donor lists? Also with him limiting his fundraising for them so he can prop up his own.
MMC, you know these dem senators bought Obama, and now they're in the position of being forced to pay for him. It's really hard not to like this, although I admit I haven't even tried.

MMC, you know these dem senators bought Obama, and now they're in the position of being forced to pay for him. It's really hard not to like this, although I admit I haven't even tried.

Heya HB.....well in another thread I did point out what their divide was in their party. But this will go beyond Obama's term. To me it is more icing on their cake.

But it does bring out how they are and have been running in debt ever since Obama was re-elected.

I have difficulty putting too much credence into what some highly partisan right wingers have to say based on a few tea leaves.

I seem to recall many CONs in here predicting many dem senators were toast during the 2012 election so the GOP would gain the Senate- but it was the GOP losing ground, many in the GOP blaming the TPs for that loss and DeMint beating a hasty retreat after being so 'focused' on the senate races instead of supporting Willard.

I seem to recall many CONs very sure the poor economy, ACA, debt, and lack of good programs on TV were all Obama's fault and he wouldn't win a second term against a Vulture Capitalist.

Plenty of time to gin up the donations, also this cycle may very well hinge on just how goofy the TP candidates are and how much money the "Kick out the RINOs" PACS can obtain to turn into their favorite political currency, Swift Boat style ads against any GOP incumbent that didn't sign onto the suicide mission the TPs tried to launch.

More in play besides the RNC/DNC match-up.... :2wave:

I have difficulty putting too much credence into what some highly partisan right wingers have to say based on a few tea leaves.

I seem to recall many CONs in here predicting many dem senators were toast during the 2012 election so the GOP would gain the Senate- but it was the GOP losing ground, many in the GOP blaming the TPs for that loss and DeMint beating a hasty retreat after being so 'focused' on the senate races instead of supporting Willard.

I seem to recall many CONs very sure the poor economy, ACA, debt, and lack of good programs on TV were all Obama's fault and he wouldn't win a second term against a Vulture Capitalist.

Plenty of time to gin up the donations, also this cycle may very well hinge on just how goofy the TP candidates are and how much money the "Kick out the RINOs" PACS can obtain to turn into their favorite political currency, Swift Boat style ads against any GOP incumbent that didn't sign onto the suicide mission the TPs tried to launch.

More in play besides the RNC/DNC match-up.... :2wave:

Yeah, we know you have trouble putting 2 and 2 together.....evidenced by this spiel that has nothing to do with the OP.

Also I seem to recall how Progressives throughout history always run themselves into extinction. Just rewards.....for those not meant to be part of the big picture. If I do say so myself.

Yeah, we know you have trouble putting 2 and 2 together.....evidenced by this spiel that has nothing to do with the OP. Also I seem to recall how Progressives throughout history always run themselves into extinction. Just rewards.....for those not meant to be part of the big picture. If I do say so myself.

I understand how the growing more and more desperate right wingers try and make ANYTHING they can look 'bad' for the Democrats. fact is many radical right wing nuts predicted the dems would lose the senate in 2012, Obama would be a one term president and Willard can magically fix the economy... :roll:

The Dem money will roll in, you should know better. What remains the issue is how loud a tantrum the TPs will throw to get a large chunk of the RNC kitty. How convenient it is for the right wingers to forget there is a growing civil war in the GOP ranks and it would be foolish to think the RNC can deny TP candidates of financial support.

but play with your tea leaves... whistle past the graveyard... do what die hard partisans do.... :peace

I understand how the growing more and more desperate right wingers try and make ANYTHING they can look 'bad' for the Democrats. fact is many radical right wing nuts predicted the dems would lose the senate in 2012, Obama would be a one term president and Willard can magically fix the economy... :roll:

The Dem money will roll in, you should know better. What remains the issue is how loud a tantrum the TPs will throw to get a large chunk of the RNC kitty. How convenient it is for the right wingers to forget there is a growing civil war in the GOP ranks and it would be foolish to think the RNC can deny TP candidates of financial support.

but play with your tea leaves... whistle past the graveyard... do what die hard partisans do.... :peace

Not at all.....no one has to do anything to make the Democrats look bad. They are doing a mighty fine job, all by their very own selves.

Tea leaves :roll: .....try again. That's 3 years of debt. Obamas last year of his first term and now 2 years in. Furthermore, its Democrats themselves who are worried about where the money is going. To Obama's new progressive movement or to Democrats of the DNP.

I doubt any on the Right have to do with donating money to either one. Might be a clue! :lol:

Not at all.....no one has to do anything to make the Democrats look bad. They are doing a mighty fine job, all by their very own selves. Tea leaves :roll: .....try again. That's 3 years of debt. Obamas last year of his first term and now 2 years in. Furthermore, its Democrats themselves who are worried about where the money is going. To Obama's new progressive movement or to Democrats of the DNP. I doubt any on the Right have to do with donating money to either one. Might be a clue! :lol:

Laughing, more CON games. You are very intent on trying to make the debt of the DNC look 'bad'. (But wasn't that shoe on the other foot last election cycle?)

I never said the CONs were donating to the DNC, but will point out as long as the TP's and their PACS are in the GOP mix you can't count the cash on hand as helping the electable GOP candidates- as the last election cycle showed TPs are blamed for losing ground in Congress AND dragging Willard down.

Fear not for the Dems- I'd say the GOP civil war is of more concern for the CON gamers...

Clinton bled folks dry too which is probably part of the reason Al Gore lost.

Laughing, more CON games. You are very intent on trying to make the debt of the DNC look 'bad'. (But wasn't that shoe on the other foot last election cycle?)

I never said the CONs were donating to the DNC, but will point out as long as the TP's and their PACS are in the GOP mix you can't count the cash on hand as helping the electable GOP candidates- as the last election cycle showed TPs are blamed for losing ground in Congress AND dragging Willard down.

Fear not for the Dems- I'd say the GOP civil war is of more concern for the CON gamers...

Wrong again see that's where you get confused when you try to make something about me or try and do any thinking for myself. :shock: .....as I brought this out. Since it wasn't looked at to much with all the festivities over the those Democrats lying and knowing they were lying over Obamacare. Which also plays it's part with that divide in the DNP.
smoker.gif

democrats_s220x306.jpg

There really is no way to spin it. But nice try. ;)

Wrong again see that's where you get confused when you try to make something about me or try and do any thinking for myself. :shock: .....as I brought this out. Since it wasn't looked at to much with all the festivities over the those Democrats lying and knowing they were lying over Obamacare. Which also plays it's part with that divide in the DNP.
smoker.gif

democrats_s220x306.jpg

There really is no way to spin it. But nice try. ;)

Oh this isn't all about you- it is all about ANY hard right radical partisan who has grown desperate over years of losing. As I have stated clearly the GOP has been on a downward spiral, the chart you shows says little about WHO gave the money, nor who will GET the money. What the blinder festooned Radical Right guys ignore is the civil war in their party that threatens to divide any monies collected. Raw cash on hand means little if it goes to defective candidates. (but nice try)

You can try and make this about the ACA, but it isn't. More like the increasing desperation among the faltering CONs as their house stands divided.

But I understand this desperation- CONs are sooo desperate for ANYTHING they can cuddle to late at nite... :2wave:

Oh this isn't all about you- it is all about ANY hard right radical partisan who has grown desperate over years of losing. As I have stated clearly the GOP has been on a downward spiral, the chart you shows says little about WHO gave the money, nor who will GET the money. What the blinder festooned Radical Right guys ignore is the civil war in their party that threatens to divide any monies collected. Raw cash on hand means little if it goes to defective candidates. (but nice try)

You can try and make this about the ACA, but it isn't. More like the increasing desperation among the faltering CONs as their house stands divided.

But I understand this desperation- CONs are sooo desperate for ANYTHING they can cuddle to late at nite... :2wave:

Tell that to the Federal Election Commission and the FEC data they used.....seems your tangent is even off and really haven't been keeping up.

The Republican National Committee, meanwhile, has no debt and about $13 million cash on hand. On virtually every major benchmark — cash on hand, debt and money raised to date — the RNC is outperforming the DNC.....snip~

Yeah all know about the GOP divide, kind of like....."Old News". :roll: The more recent is the divide with the Democrats.
yes.gif

Tell that to the Federal Election Commission and the FEC data they used.....seems your tangent is even off and really haven't been keeping up. The Republican National Committee, meanwhile, has no debt and about $13 million cash on hand. On virtually every major benchmark — cash on hand, debt and money raised to date — the RNC is outperforming the DNC.....snip~Yeah all know about the GOP divide, kind of like....."Old News". :roll: The more recent is the divide with the Democrats.
yes.gif

Laughing, like I said, so early in the game and yet the CONs must take comfort where they can. fact is the 'old news' of the TP civil war is still quite current while the 'divide' in the democratic party is a more desperate hopeful wishing by the GOP.

Fact is the TP revolt can once again swamp the CON game while the Dems are simply disagreeing on a few details of the ACA.

Vast difference but a CON has so few things to be hopeful about. Remember DeMint refused to endorse Willard in 2012 but instead chose to concentrate on the Senate races and the GOP LOST ground... WHO you run matters

You can avoid looking at the CON TP's causing most of the GOP problems and try and claim it is all about money but then again it would be a CON game only the CON faithful would listen too and agree... :peace

Laughing, like I said, so early in the game and yet the CONs must take comfort where they can. fact is the 'old news' of the TP civil war is still quite current while the 'divide' in the democratic party is a more desperate hopeful wishing by the GOP.

Fact is the TP revolt can once again swamp the CON game while the Dems are simply disagreeing on a few details of the ACA.

Vast difference but a CON has so few things to be hopeful about. Remember DeMint refused to endorse Willard in 2012 but instead chose to concentrate on the Senate races and the GOP LOST ground... WHO you run matters

You can avoid looking at the CON TP's causing most of the GOP problems and try and claim it is all about money but then again it would be a CON game only the CON faithful would listen too and agree... :peace

Yeah the TP civil war is still current.....but that doesn't change the fact about the divide in the Democrats, nor does it change that fact on who's in debt and has no money. Nor what this article is about. No one said they wouldn't get any money. But as it stands they can't manage to come up with any. Despite 15 fundraisers for them by Obama. But you can deny it if it makes you feel any better. ;)

I wouldn't know as I am not a conservative.....and like I said when it comes to progressives throughout history they are the ones that led civilizations into extinction. So I don't have a problem with their destruction at anytime. :cool:

Yeah the TP civil war is still current.....but that doesn't change the fact about the divide in the Democrats, nor does it change that fact on who's in debt and has no money. Nor what this article is about. No one said they wouldn't get any money. But as it stands they can't manage to come up with any. Despite 15 fundraisers for them by Obama. But you can deny it if it makes you feel any better. ;) I wouldn't know as I am not a conservative.....and like I said when it comes to progressives throughout history they are the ones that led civilizations into extinction. So I don't have a problem with their destruction at anytime. :cool:

Laughing, you can CON quibble all you want but if cash was the only factor you'd have something but then again WHO runs means a lot as DeMint and others found out.

You are as CON as they come. You revel in anything you see as a fault in anything but the radical right. But like many CONs you are a bit ashamed of that brand right now. The TP revolt is far more serious than the rather minor differences in the Democrat camp right now. The Dems are not threatening our continued governance if they don't get their way. The TPs were bad mouthing Governor Christie's landslide victory as 'elections don't mean much'.

Will be very interesting to see if the elite in the GOP can beat back the TP candidates in 2014 and not be too damaged to face a Dem in the general. (I'd opine much of the RNC kitty will have to go to beating back the TPs BEFORE the general)

Sad really when you see what the GOP used to be.

Now like a 'good' CON you see everyone who isn't a CON as the same... Progressives have never caused any civilization to become extinct- well maybe the Warsaw Pact and finally the USSR, but you'd have to do more than just a CON whine to back your rather partisan claim up.

Nah, there is nothing to quibble about. Obama has done 15 fundraisers for them this year. That's what they came up with.

Once again the only thing I am conservative with.....is my money and my time.

Oh and I am not ashamed to be a Republican.....ever. To even think such by another would be completely off the mark.

At least the truth is out there.....despite the left looking to deflect and hide those weaknesses, that just can't be hidden. :lol:

Now how does that look when the Democrats can't even pay their own bills? Do you think they have any Business talking about the economy or budgeting and can be actually taken as serious. Give me a break.

Business owners donate to a given political party when they think they have something to gain from it. It's an investment. In elections that seem like a run away for a given party you can often see an "any port in a storm" mentality take over and industries that seem to have nothing to gain from a given candidate will still dump money on the candidate and hope it helps.

I think what we are seeing in this very early lead up to 2014 is that a lot of businesses are still feeling out the momentum. Many small businesses still have the Employer mandate to think about this election cycle, and may swing Democrats way if they think Dems are heading to a win in 2014 if only in hopes of getting another reprieve.

Long story short, I don't think the difference in the two parties dollar wise is that big given the amount of money that flies around in campaign season, but it does essentially spot the Republicans $30 million in 2014. Would have been nice, though, if they had spent some of that in 2013.

Business owners donate to a given political party when they think they have something to gain from it. It's an investment. In elections that seem like a run away for a given party you can often see an "any port in a storm" mentality take over and industries that seem to have nothing to gain from a given candidate will still dump money on the candidate and hope it helps.

I think what we are seeing in this very early lead up to 2014 is that a lot of businesses are still feeling out the momentum. Many small businesses still have the Employer mandate to think about this election cycle, and may swing Democrats way if they think Dems are heading to a win in 2014 if only in hopes of getting another reprieve.

Long story short, I don't think the difference in the two parties dollar wise is that big given the amount of money that flies around in campaign season, but it does essentially spot the Republicans $30 million in 2014. Would have been nice, though, if they had spent some of that in 2013.

Heya JM :2wave: .....well that and the divide in the DNP. Which needs to be exploited and then driven home in bringing about the destruction to the Main Problem of the country.

Back
Top Bottom