• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fund-raiser: Jesse Jackson Jr. behind $6M Senate-seat scheme

RightinNYC

Girthless
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Fund-raiser: Jackson behind $6M Senate-seat scheme :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich

Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. directed a major political fund-raiser to offer former Gov. Rod Blagojevich millions of dollars in campaign cash in return for an appointment to the U.S. Senate, sources said the fund-raiser has told federal authorities. The allegation by Oak Brook businessman Raghuveer Nayak counters public statements made as recently as last week by Jackson that he never authorized any deal to attempt to buy the Senate seat.

Nayak also told authorities he paid for two airline trips for a "social acquaintance" of the Democratic congressman at Jackson's request, raising more potential ethical and political problems for Jackson.

The hostess looks rather pleasant.

Jackson has denied any involvement in trying to bribe Blago, but has admitted his involvement with the hostess:

"The reference to a social acquaintance is a personal and private matter between me and my wife that was handled some time ago." Jackson Jr. said in a statement.

Jesse's Girl? | NBC Chicago

Filed under "lol":

He was once considered a potential presidential candidate and now is discussing a bid to succeed Mayor Daley. His wife, Ald. Sandi Jackson (7th), also has been mentioned as a possible mayoral candidate, though she downplayed her chances of running during a jobs rally she attended Monday.

In a radio interview about the mayor's race last week, Jackson challenged federal prosecutors to "bring it on" if they have evidence he was a conspirator in Blagojevich's corruption case.

As of this posting, Gary Hart could not be reached for comment.

It's too bad that he is caught up in a scandal it would never happen to his Dad. Oh wait Jessie Sr, has a love child. Opps i stand corrected.

I hope this and all the crooks get what is coming to the crooks but I know better than to hold my breath until it happens.

The total list of those in Congress is what about 15 under investigation.

One KFI Radio in LA every Thursday night Tim Conway JR, plays a Game called What the Hell did Jessie Jackson say?

You can listen on line it's pretty funny stuff. Test you hearing: KFI AM 640 More Stimulating Talk Radio

where's crew?

LOL!

Fund-raiser: Jackson behind $6M Senate-seat scheme :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Gov. Blagojevich

The hostess looks rather pleasant.

Jackson has denied any involvement in trying to bribe Blago, but has admitted his involvement with the hostess:

Jesse's Girl? | NBC Chicago

Filed under "lol":

As of this posting, Gary Hart could not be reached for comment.
I never have liked the guy. The first time I saw him on tv I thought he just kinda acted like he was crooked. I hope they fgure it out quick and give him what he deserves.

where's the filing of the criminal complaint with the us attorney?

where's the personal imprimatur of valerie plame's mouthpiece---this guy's "clearly a criminal and a crook"

where's crew?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom