• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

"Fun Facts" from Senior Discounts

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
I thought this might be of interest, especially the last item.
===============================
World Population Facts

Number of Births, Deaths and Total Population Increase Every:

Year: 131,571,719, 55,001,289, and 76,570,430
Month: 10,964,310, 4,583,441, and 6,380,869
Day: 360,470, 150,688, and 209,782
Hour: 15,020, 6,279, and 8,741
Minute: 250, 105, and 146
Second: 4.2, 1.7, and 2.4

World Population/
Past and Future:
1950: 2,555,982,611
1975: 4,086,387,665
2000: 6,081,002,937
2025: 7,905,208,617
2050: 9,309,051,539

US estimated population as of July 2005: 295,734,134

The U.S. population is growing by about 2.5 million people each year. Of that, immigration contributes over one million people to the US population annually.

Along our coasts, where nearly half the population lives, the US is among the more densely populated countries in the world. The Northeast averages 767 people per square mile, while Haiti, for comparison, has 580.


SeniorDiscounts.com <newsletter@seniordiscounts.com>
 

Schweddy

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
DP Veteran
Joined
May 19, 2004
Messages
11,920
Reaction score
6,033
Location
Plano, TX
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Missouri Mule said:
The U.S. population is growing by about 2.5 million people each year. Of that, immigration contributes over one million people to the US population annually.
Interesting stuff.

Is this including illegal immigrants?
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
I would seriously doubt it. Add about 10,000,000 more to that total. We have a location right where I live near the railroad tracks where day laborers congregate. They are almost certainly illegals, but this is tolerated because their services are needed. There was a blip on national news last night about this situation because of all of these people loitering about. They wanted to make a place for them to be inside and out of sight.

When a recent poll showed that 40% of Mexicans would like to live in the U.S., it doesn't take a "rocket scientist" to fill in the blanks. A lot of them do the grub work that most Americans won't do. I see the lawns being cut, the hard labor. No one asks. It's just accepted. How would anyone know unless the feds are called in. An illegal could (and do) live here for decades and just fit right into the regular population. I'm sure we would do the same thing if in their shoes. Mexico is so corrupt only an idiot would want to endure that grinding poverty and political system that never gets any better.
 

Arch Enemy

Familiaist
DP Veteran
Joined
Mar 27, 2005
Messages
7,470
Reaction score
2,085
Location
North Carolina
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
I think it's a bit ironic how just as we get done with this civil rights/slavery ordeal people start throwing theirselves at our feet, wanting to do the nasty and hard jobs.. for little money.

Yep America is growing!!
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Arch Enemy said:
I think it's a bit ironic how just as we get done with this civil rights/slavery ordeal people start throwing theirselves at our feet, wanting to do the nasty and hard jobs.. for little money.

Yep America is growing!!
I imagine a lot of them make pretty darn good money. I had a new house built up in Missouri and virtually all of the bricklayers were Mexican. They kept to themselves and did a very good job. They may start off in menial jobs but if they stick around their sticktutiveness will eventually pay off. Too many Americans are just content to lay back and live off the fat of the land. That leaves all of these other jobs open. We have no unemployment problem. That is a fiction and has been for years. If a person wants to work and can't find work, they are lying through the teeth.
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Don't you have tax, though? So won't they need citizenship or at least a visa to sort all that ought? I doubt they all get paid by their employers in cash.
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
vergiss said:
Don't you have tax, though? So won't they need citizenship or at least a visa to sort all that ought? I doubt they all get paid by their employers in cash.
I can't say for sure. The general contractor handled all of that. Getting a SSA card number isn't all that complicated. That's all they have to produce to get a job. They have figured this out and our bureaucracy is a complete mess. The general contractor may simply cut a check to the sub-contractor who in then turn pays his own employees. God only know how that plays out. It may be in cash. The Underground Economy in the U.S. is enormous; many trillions of dollars go unreported and taxes uncollected. That pushes up your's and my taxes. The system is out-of-control while Congress fiddles. It would be better if we just laid them off and saved their salaries. They do more harm than good, anyway.
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
When I got my tax file number, I needed three seperate forms of identification, including something to prove citizenship. Different country, but still - you'd expect something similar in the US.
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
vergiss said:
When I got my tax file number, I needed three seperate forms of identification, including something to prove citizenship. Different country, but still - you'd expect something similar in the US.
One would expect that, wouldn't they? Both the left and right have their heads completely up their tailpipes on this issue. I believe we ought to have a fraud proof national ID card and if one doesn't want to get one they can get on a slow boat to China as far as I am concerned.

The extreme right is afraid of the "mark of the beast" or something similarly ridiculous. The left don't want one because that would remove one of their favorite ways to inflate their vote totals and somehow infringe on our precious "privacy rights." It's all a lot of political bulloney.
 

Youve Got To Be Kidding!

Active member
Joined
Jul 24, 2005
Messages
319
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Missouri Mule said:
I imagine a lot of them make pretty darn good money. I had a new house built up in Missouri and virtually all of the bricklayers were Mexican. They kept to themselves and did a very good job. They may start off in menial jobs but if they stick around their sticktutiveness will eventually pay off. Too many Americans are just content to lay back and live off the fat of the land. That leaves all of these other jobs open. We have no unemployment problem. That is a fiction and has been for years. If a person wants to work and can't find work, they are lying through the teeth.
No they dont make verry good money. That is why everyones wanting them here. It is the only reason. The coorporations are pushing for illegal <--- aliens to become acceptable citizens because they get to hire them out at 3 dollars an hour with/out having to give benefits. Cheap labor. They are doing jobs that iehter

A. Dont pay much or
B . Dont pay enough.
 

Missouri Mule

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
1,406
Reaction score
48
Location
Hot Springs, Arkansas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Youve Got To Be Kidding! said:
No they dont make verry good money. That is why everyones wanting them here. It is the only reason. The coorporations are pushing for illegal <--- aliens to become acceptable citizens because they get to hire them out at 3 dollars an hour with/out having to give benefits. Cheap labor. They are doing jobs that iehter

A. Dont pay much or
B . Dont pay enough.
How do you know this?
 
Top Bottom