• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fully vaccinated, but got covid anyway

Your words were "all viruses work that way." They do not and I provided some additional information. There was no attack in what I wrote.

It gets down to the definition of an infection. No vaccine prevents a virus from entering the body and encountering cells to which they can attach. That is a mechanical process. The vaccines can begin antibody production before any virus arrives so the vaccinated person will do a better job suppressing viral reproduction. If it works as intended, the vaccinated person will become infected but have minor or no symptoms. Many people define that as meaning the vaccine prevented infection. Perhaps it is more accurate to say the vaccine made the viral infection not matter. You can nitpick him yourself by sending him a copy of this paragraph.

I understand that people make everything political on this forum. Things become partisan and rude. The two of you were arguing definitions neither of which is partisan or political. Viral infections work as they do regardless of politics or semantic arguments. I simply try to provide a simplistic explanation of how it works. Best of luck to you.
See, you don't even read what I write and just run your mouth. At no point did I say "all viruses work that way", I said "all VACCINES work that way", and you've done nothing to disprove what I said. The vaccine gives your immune system a headstart so you're better able to fight the real virus, but it is always still a fight.

Now, if you're willing to rebut WHAT I'VE ACTUALLY SAID, and not the shit you made up, I'll be here, otherwise you'll be ignored. Maybe you could focus your attention on the multiple idiots making ridiculous claims like how all vaccines prevent infections.

See, you don't even read what I write and just run your mouth. At no point did I say "all viruses work that way", I said "all VACCINES work that way", and you've done nothing to disprove what I said. The vaccine gives your immune system a headstart so you're better able to fight the real virus, but it is always still a fight.

Now, if you're willing to rebut WHAT I'VE ACTUALLY SAID, and not the shit you made up, I'll be here, otherwise you'll be ignored. Maybe you could focus your attention on the multiple idiots making ridiculous claims like how all vaccines prevent infections.
My god what a nasty response. What have I done to bring this on? This place is a disaster. The mods should do a better job of regulating manners.

My god what a nasty response. What have I done to bring this on? This place is a disaster. The mods should do a better job of regulating manners.
You ignored the people making stupid, incorrect comments and decided to attack me instead, but instead of addressing literally anything I actually wrote, you just gave an unrelated speech to a strawman you created. You even misquoted me multiple times.

If you're not willing to responding to what people actually write, maybe blogging is better for you.

I know that this is the first time that this has been explained, but the vaccine doesn't completely prevent COVID infections. It does, however, help you to not die or suffer significant, hospital worthy complications from the infection.

I know that this is groundbreaking new information that I have just posted, so let's all just take a moment here.

It happened to me and my mom the same week. A man who sat one row in front of us on the Canadian Rockies Tauck tour bus said later he tested positive, so Mom thinks she got it from him. We will never know exactly, of course, because the virus could have been in anyone's nose. After the trip, Mom had constant nasal discharge, body aches, fatigue, and loss of appetite for days. While she got slightly better, I got slightly worse. Now, we both have that "sick but not sick" feeling, where only sleep and our favorite beverages sound like good ideas. She keeps telling me I do not have a severe case and hers is worse than mine, but it seems to be lasting much longer in my body. Something I keep wondering about is if our symptom differences could be age-related.

Something else it makes me think about now is the fact I am still too young for the next booster shot. The FDA needs to speed this up.
I want to wish you and your mom a speedy recovery. My elderly mom had it for 2 weeks, but had very mild symptoms and she's triple immune-compromised.

I do wish the vaccines were more bullet-proof and people didn't have to cancel their plans for the next two weeks. But at the same time, it is good to know that the vaccinated have little-to-no-symptoms and are unlikely going to get hospitalized or die from the disease. That's the best news. Hopefully the next round of booster shots come with protections against the latest strand of Covid.

I want to wish you and your mom a speedy recovery. My elderly mom had it for 2 weeks, but had very mild symptoms and she's triple immune-compromised.

I do wish the vaccines were more bullet-proof and people didn't have to cancel their plans for the next two weeks. But at the same time, it is good to know that the vaccinated have little-to-no-symptoms and are unlikely going to get hospitalized or die from the disease. That's the best news. Hopefully the next round of booster shots come with protections against the latest strand of Covid.

Lack of energy is our biggest problem now.

I always believed if Trump the Terrorist had not been lazy and told everyone not to worry about covid, it never would have mutated in the United States. Sure, it would have mutated in the eastern hemisphere, but those variants would not have come here in 2020.

I always believed if Trump the Terrorist had not been lazy and told everyone not to worry about covid, it never would have mutated in the United States. Sure, it would have mutated in the eastern hemisphere, but those variants would not have come here in 2020.

Is delirium one of your symptoms?

It is unfortunate, but Covid became political rather than something unifying. Trump told his people that this was all a political hoax from the Democratic party and refused to wear a mask. It didn't help at all that Red State Governors enabled this behavior.

There's also a premise out there that people are responsible and make rational health choices for themselves and children. That has been proven time and time again to be false. Pretty much all of the Covid cases are about people who refuse to stay home if they are sick or refuse to wear a mask, if they have any type of sinus infection.

It is unfortunate, but covid became political rather than something unifying. Trump told his people that this was all a political hoax from the Democratic party and refused to wear a mask. It didn't help at all that Red State Governors enabled this behavior.

There's also a premise out there that people are responsible and make rational health choices for themselves and children. That has been proven time and time again to be false. Pretty much all of the covid cases are about people who refuse to stay home if they are sick or refuse to wear a mask, if they have any type of sinus infection.

Although Andrew Cuomo was universally criticized for his mishandling of the original virus, he at least tried to minimize the problem and did not tell people to stop worrying about covid. The fact New York was the first eastern state to get covid was bad luck for him. It is extremely obvious Trump the Terrorist could have helped Cuomo get what he needed to better manage the health crisis, but chose not to.

Although Andrew Cuomo was universally criticized for his mishandling of the original virus, he at least tried to minimize the problem and did not tell people to stop worrying about covid. The fact New York was the first eastern state to get covid was bad luck for him. It is extremely obvious Trump the Terrorist could have helped Cuomo get what he needed to better manage the health crisis, but chose not to.
The Javitts center was set up as a hospital within days by the national guard. The hospital ship the Comfort ( or Hope can't remember which) was deployed to NY City. Ventilators, test kits swabs and not to mention a vaccine that your are so proud to have been jabbed with were created. How did that not help NY? In the first days Trump tried to ban travel from Covid hot spots. DeBlasio and Pelosi were among the most vocal in opposition. If you were from Wuhan you good travel to NY City or San Francisco but you could not go to Beijing. That isn't on Trump.

Back
Top Bottom