• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fully vaccinated, but got covid anyway

Because he's not a complete bastard and actually cares about the health of others?

I've been double vaxed and boosted but still got Covid and I stayed off work and didn't leave the house. I don't want to risk people with weakened imune systems becoming sick because I selfishly still go about my normal business.
Better ask why are the compromised out going about their business and not staying home? They are the overwhelming minority

Are you really that much of an ignoramus to even have to ask? Geesh, never mind dude - as someone else noted, anymore it's like having to deal with trolls.
Ah, personal attacks when one lacks the skill to debate.

Better ask why are the compromised out going about their business and not staying home? They are the overwhelming minority

So, they have to stay trapped forever just so I can pop out for a needless shopping trip during the week or so that I'm sick?

That doesn't seem very fair or healthy for the imune compramised.

So, they have to stay trapped forever just so I can pop out for a needless shopping trip during the week or so that I'm sick?

That doesn't seem very fair or healthy for the imune compramised.
Of course not. When you’re sick like always we stay at home until better.

It happened to me and my mom the same week. A man who sat one row in front of us on the Canadian Rockies Tauck tour bus said later he tested positive, so Mom thinks she got it from him. We will never know exactly, of course, because the virus could have been in anyone's nose. After the trip, Mom had constant nasal discharge, body aches, fatigue, and loss of appetite for days. While she got slightly better, I got slightly worse. Now, we both have that "sick but not sick" feeling, where only sleep and our favorite beverages sound like good ideas. She keeps telling me I do not have a severe case and hers is worse than mine, but it seems to be lasting much longer in my body. Something I keep wondering about is if our symptom differences could be age-related.

Something else it makes me think about now is the fact I am still too young for the next booster shot. The FDA needs to speed this up.
Vaccines can not stop the spread they can only lesser the symptoms of specific strains of it if you have that strain. That is still important because it means if you have the vacccine, you heal faster meaning you are less likely to pass it on and/or require hospitalization for you or the person you pass it to.

I have had 4 shots. I am Canadian. I am 66. I believe they are making a fifth available soon. It of course depends on your age. I am sorry your Mom got sick. I take the vaccines because I am still a professor and exposed to many students and I do not want to spread it to other students or sick people by mistake.

If they asked me to work from home and give you my shot I would. I only take it to not hurt others but if a young person like you needed it my attitude would be I would try give it to you first if it was important for you. I have daughters in their 30's a grandchild, nephews/nieces, grand nephews/nieces and I would give my shot to them first if I was asked. I also would choose death or illness if it meant keeping a child alive and giving them the shot.

Usually though they say when you are young hang in your body can with the vaccines you have do a good job of preventing you from getting very ill so older people like me need the shot more.

I do not think I am better than you though simply because of my age, just maybe more smelly,

You know what else. I love animals. I am worried its now spreading to dogs. I had two dogs die during Covid within one day of one another. It was very very hard. I rescued 3 dogs during Covid that were going to be put under. I try do that as a way not to feel like I can not do anything.

I know being young these days can't be easy with global warming, covid, stupid politicians, lack of jobs, etc. Do not worry. Every generation had shit they face. It always seems like it sucks but you will find ways to cope and you have old farts like me who believe in you. Don't let all this shit get you down. The FDA is slow yes but it will get the stuff to you. Hang in.

Vaccines can not stop the spread they can only ...

You might want to check that, before drawing lengthy conclusions from it.

People have been saying that a lot, but how bad do they consider "seriously sick" now?

One day I had a headache and threw up. Another I had abdominal pain and diarrhea. Often I had a stuffy nose off and on, but I never had nasal discharge. Eve3ry day I Have fatigue and almost no appetite.
Difference between having to have a lung transplant or be taken to the ICU.

It happened to me and my mom the same week. A man who sat one row in front of us on the Canadian Rockies Tauck tour bus said later he tested positive, so Mom thinks she got it from him. We will never know exactly, of course, because the virus could have been in anyone's nose. After the trip, Mom had constant nasal discharge, body aches, fatigue, and loss of appetite for days. While she got slightly better, I got slightly worse. Now, we both have that "sick but not sick" feeling, where only sleep and our favorite beverages sound like good ideas. She keeps telling me I do not have a severe case and hers is worse than mine, but it seems to be lasting much longer in my body. Something I keep wondering about is if our symptom differences could be age-related.

Something else it makes me think about now is the fact I am still too young for the next booster shot. The FDA needs to speed this up.
I hope you get better soon.

My fiance and I got the original omicron strain over winter. I ended up being easily out breath for a full month after. It was annoying.

Someone I know, his mom just tested positive for Covid, after just giving the family a scare for other health problems (he's pretty sure she got it in the hospital, since she just got out). He said though that they were surprised because she just had it in May. I didn't ask if she was vaccinated (he probably is at least with one, since his job required it). But I figure if those who have already had it can't get their immune system to fully work in keeping out reinfection, it would be disingenuous to expect a vaccine to be much better. That doesn't mean I think the vaccine doesn't work to some extent or shouldn't be taken. I think that recognizing that it would be hard for a vaccine to work better than natural infection, especially to the point where it completely prevented when previous infection of the same variant doesn't even keep you 100% safe from reinfection.

Had it in January between 1 and 2 booster, was sick as a dog for one day, tired the next day, tested neg after 5 days stayed home for the week. 2 month later 2 booster. 1 month later tested pos again no symptoms, got it from a customer who proudly explained to me he had covid and had tested pos.

Both time it was Omicron. Sep or Oct the Omicron comes out, I will happily booster.

Get well fast.

Someone I know, his mom just tested positive for Covid, after just giving the family a scare for other health problems (he's pretty sure she got it in the hospital, since she just got out). He said though that they were surprised because she just had it in May. I didn't ask if she was vaccinated (he probably is at least with one, since his job required it). But I figure if those who have already had it can't get their immune system to fully work in keeping out reinfection, it would be disingenuous to expect a vaccine to be much better. That doesn't mean I think the vaccine doesn't work to some extent or shouldn't be taken. I think that recognizing that it would be hard for a vaccine to work better than natural infection, especially to the point where it completely prevented when previous infection of the same variant doesn't even keep you 100% safe from reinfection.

What I have been reading a lot is people who tested positive in the past, then got all of the covid booster shots, will have a much less severe case of it than someone who will do whatever it takes to pretend vaccines came from hell.

Of course, nothing is stopping anyone in my family except the kids (ages 16 and 10) from doing the right thing. For me and my mom, that is staying in our beds and out of the nearby swimming pool.

What I have been reading a lot is people who tested positive in the past, then got all of the covid booster shots, will have a much less severe case of it than someone who will do whatever it takes to pretend vaccines came from hell.

Of course, nothing is stopping anyone in my family except the kids (ages 16 and 10) from doing the right thing. For me and my mom, that is staying in our beds and out of the nearby swimming pool.

Me:
Sixty five years old, fatty liver, COPD, Type 2 diabetes, 30 pounds overweight most of it being central obesity (the gut) and I'm one of those lifetime smoker guys although down to half a pack in the last five years.
I caught the original COVID in February 2020 back when no one even knew much about it.
I went to the ER and managed to stay upright for about an hour, then collapsed on the floor, woke up with oxygen, coded AGAIN because my O2 levels were in the 70% range, spent the day there and when they couldn't figure out my problem, wrote me up as "aggravated severe respiratory distress" and sent me home with a pocket full of asthma puffers and some steroids.
Spent the next three weeks on a couch in my editing room huffing and wheezing with O2 in the high 70 - low 80% range, never got back more than about 25% of my sense of smell even now.
I feel like half my brain is missing now.

Got both shots, both boosters the moment they were available and STILL caught BA.5 Omicron last month!
I was put on Paxlovid, or as I refer to it, the Gat-dayumm MIRACLE DRUG.

Difference is, my symptoms were fatigue and a tickle in my throat for two days, then tested negative after five more days in isolation.

Positive 3 times.

My last bout was feeling miserable in a achy whiny bitchy sort of way for about 36 hours, and then it was congestion, and night time coughing fits for about 2 weeks Post negative for 3 weeks and I still have lingering energy crashes that last about 20-30 minutes and my legs feel like their going out from under me every now and then.

Positive 3 times.

My last bout was feeling miserable in a achy whiny bitchy sort of way for about 36 hours, and then it was congestion, and night time coughing fits for about 2 weeks Post negative for 3 weeks and I still have lingering energy crashes that last about 20-30 minutes and my legs feel like their going out from under me every now and then.
Instead of recognizing that the multiple vaccines you got gave your old ass a fighting chance, you blame them instead and have declared you won't take anymore. There's a lot of your dead peers who thought they never needed it in the first place. Stupid is as stupid does, as my mama used to say.

I was found positive in February two years ago when the Company I was driving dumps for tested all the drivers and mechanics. 5 drivers and 17 mechanics had tested positive. I had no symptoms other than a scratchy throat. I posted about this back then.

Then the wife and I got it last year and it was kinda rough for the first 4-5 days for her. I had aches and pains that went away in a couple days but I lost some sense of taste and smell.

Last month I caught the BA.5 variant from the wife for my third episode. The wife had the fever, aches, congestion, dizziness and nasty intestinal problems for about 5 days while I had body aches, congestion, and coughing fits during the night. I tested negative 8 days later, but I have remaining symptoms of severe fatigue that come on out of no where's and last for about 15-20 minutes. My legs still feel shaky at times as well.

I'm done with the boosters.........................no more until I see that they actually work. The death rates among the fully vaccinated and boosted continue to grow.
The death rates are radically higher among the unvaccinated vs the vaccinated but you don't care because you have a political agenda and it's apparently worth more to you than your life and your wife's life. Does she know you don't value her life?

Instead of recognizing that the multiple vaccines you got gave your old ass a fighting chance, you blame them instead and have declared you won't take anymore. There's a lot of your dead peers who thought they never needed it in the first place. Stupid is as stupid does, as my mama used to say.

The death rates are radically higher among the unvaccinated vs the vaccinated but you don't care because you have a political agenda and it's apparently worth more to you than your life and your wife's life. Does she know you don't value her life?
41% among fully vaxxed and boosted.

People have been saying that a lot, but how bad do they consider "seriously sick" now?

Bad enough to require hospitalization.

One day I had a headache and threw up. Another I had abdominal pain and diarrhea. Often I had a stuffy nose off and on, but I never had nasal discharge. Eve3ry day I Have fatigue and almost no appetite.

Sounds sucky.

41% among fully vaxxed and boosted.
41% of fully vaxxed and boosted die from covid? That's a ridiculous assertion even for you.

How dumb does someone have to be to be old, vulnerable to covid, and having a hard time with covid despite being vaxxed, then decide what he really needs is less protection?

41% of fully vaxxed and boosted die from covid? That's a ridiculous assertion even for you.

How dumb does someone have to be to be old, vulnerable to covid, and having a hard time with covid despite being vaxxed, then decide what he really needs is less protection?

To make matters worse, the official report for San Diego County shows that 41% of recent COVID-19 deaths are among fully vaccinated and boosted individuals.

To make matters worse, the official report for San Diego County shows that 41% of recent COVID-19 deaths are among fully vaccinated and boosted individuals.
So San Diego County, with a vaccination rate of something like 85%, only 41% of deaths are vaccinated? I know you're bad with numbers and facts, but what does that tell you? Thank you for confirming what I said, that the vaccine radically reduces one's chance of dying from covid. If you want to be an idiot and off yourself, please do.

So San Diego County, with a vaccination rate of something like 85%, only 41% of deaths are vaccinated? I know you're bad with numbers and facts, but what does that tell you? Thank you for confirming what I said, that the vaccine radically reduces one's chance of dying from covid. If you want to be an idiot and off yourself, please do.

Why are the numbers creeping up for the vaccinated and boosted?

Surely.......you do know.

Why are the numbers creeping up for the vaccinated and boosted?

Surely.......you do know.
Because you're not talking about population adjusted numbers. It's like saying if 99% of the population was vaccinated, why are 50% of covid deaths vaccinated? Of course that goes up the more people who are vaccinated. Did you fall asleep in high school math class?

Because you're not talking about population adjusted numbers. It's like saying if 99% of the population was vaccinated, why are 50% of covid deaths vaccinated? Of course that goes up the more people who are vaccinated. Did you fall asleep in high school math class?

And the numbers are creeping up.

And the numbers are creeping up.
Try to gather the last few brain cells together on this one:

What does it tell you if 10% of San diegans arent vaccinated, yet they make up 59% of the deaths?

Think real hard, see if you can figure it out.

Try to gather the last few brain cells together on this one:

What does it tell you if 10% of San diegans arent vaccinated, yet they make up 59% of the deaths?

Think real hard, see if you can figure it out.
41% of vaccinated and fully boosted are still dying.

You can't explain it so you you revert to who is and who isn't vaccinated.

Great work.

41% of vaccinated and fully boosted are still dying.

You can't explain it so you you revert to who is and who isn't vaccinated.

Great work.
Your first statement is incorrect. 41% of deaths from covid are vaccinated people. Your claim that 41% of vaccinated people have died is stupid and dishonest.

And yes, I am explaining it based on who is and isn't vaccinated. If the vaccine did nothing, the 90% of covid deaths would be from vaccinated people. Facts don't support your conspiracy nuttery so you just lie.

Back
Top Bottom