• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fully auto weapons banned

vegas giants

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have a poster who says that fully auto weapons made after 1986 are not effectively banned.

Is he right?

No...

(o)
(1)
Except as provided in paragraph (2), it shall be unlawful for any person to transfer or possess a machinegun.
(2)This subsection does not apply with respect to—
(A)
a transfer to or by, or possession by or under the authority of, the United States or any department or agency thereof or a State, or a department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
(B)
any lawful transfer or lawful possession of a machinegun that was lawfully possessed before the date this subsection takes effect.

No...

(o)
(1)
Except as provided in paragraph (2), it shall be unlawful for any person to transfer or possess a machinegun.
(2)This subsection does not apply with respect to—
(A)
a transfer to or by, or possession by or under the authority of, the United States or any department or agency thereof or a State, or a department, agency, or political subdivision thereof; or
(B)
any lawful transfer or lawful possession of a machinegun that was lawfully possessed before the date this subsection takes effect.

I tried to tell him

I have a poster who says that fully auto weapons made after 1986 are not effectively banned.

Is he right?

This is what I found:

Federal law prohibits the possession of newly manufactured machine guns, but permits the transfer of machine guns lawfully owned prior to May 19, 1986, if the transfer is approved by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives. As a result, a substantial number of machine guns are still in circulation. As of February 2018, the national registry of machine guns contained registrations for 638,260 machine guns.1

Which means, that unless the law is changed, those 638,260 machine guns are the maximum legally in circulation in the US...
That's why they are so massively expensive

If you become a dealer of manufacturer you can own them. by definition, they are not banned.

If you become a dealer of manufacturer you can own them. by definition, they are not banned.
If you build nuclear weapons for the government I guess you can say you bbn own one. Lol

If you build nuclear weapons for the government I guess you can say you bbn own one. Lol
no. we already established in the other threat that that is a moronic comparison. Nuclear weapons are not "arms" as defined in the constitution and supreme court.

no. we already established in the other threat that that is a moronic comparison. Nuclear weapons are not "arms" as defined in the constitution and supreme court.
Thank you for your opinion. We are not discussing what is an arm. Lol

Thank you for your opinion. We are not discussing what is an arm. Lol
that you don't know that that is exactly what we are discussing, is why you have no business posting about this topic.

that you don't know that that is exactly what we are discussing, is why you have no business posting about this topic.
Yes yes...carry on carry on. LOL

irrelevant. the law is quite clear. Your claim that they are banned is demonstrably false.
No one is buying what you are selling bud. LOL

No one is buying what you are selling bud. LOL
irrelevant to the fact I've shown you that your claim is false. I gave you the law showing they are not banned. Just restricted.

irrelevant to the fact I've shown you that your claim is false. I gave you the law showing they are not banned. Just restricted.
Ho Hum. Nobody believes you

Ho Hum. Nobody believes you
you keep thinking your belief or anyone else's belief has any bearing on the actual ****ing law I gave you, lol. It does not. You remain refuted.

you keep thinking your belief or anyone else's belief has any bearing on the actual ****ing law I gave you, lol. It does not. You remain refuted.
Wrongity wrong wrong.

Back
Top Bottom