• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Full rights for a embryo

It's not hypocrisy you are fighting. It's just biology. Women get abortions or they don't and there isn't much you can do about it if you participated. Men's option out is pre-coital. I'm sorry, but there really isn't anything I or you can do about it.
Its hypocrisy. You can be hypocritical....but I can call you out on it

We are not even discussing biology.Only your hypocrisy

You aren't discussing biology, but I am because the ability of a woman to opt out of a pregnancy is biology, while the ability of a man to opt out of the pregnancy he started would have to be legal. And society has a vested interest in not spending money supporting the kid your created. An opt out law is just not going to pass .

Many conservative men claim that they have bigger brains and higher IQs than women and that gives them the right to better paying jobs and/or the right to pay women less. It would seem that bigger brains and higher IQs hasn't aided men in their efforts to understand that the time to opt out of pregnancy is sooner rather than later in amorous relationships.

Not to beat the horse deader than it already is. The question that would have given the information you about which you claimed interest would be some variant on "Post the names of the doctors willing to perform a vasectomy on an 18 year old?" I'm really not interested in knowing the answer, so, I suggest you make the calls and report back. You should start with Anchorage and Wasilla. Those offices are still open. Happy is the person that volunteers their time to community service

So you aren't a happy person? It shows. Sorry you came in mid conversation I was having with someone else and jumped in without following the thread. It does tend to leave some egg on the face.

You aren't discussing biology, but I am because the ability of a woman to opt out of a pregnancy is biology, while the ability of a man to opt out of the pregnancy he started would have to be legal. And society has a vested interest in not spending money supporting the kid your created. An opt out law is just not going to pass .

Many conservative men claim that they have bigger brains and higher IQs than women and that gives them the right to better paying jobs and/or the right to pay women less. It would seem that bigger brains and higher IQs hasn't aided men in their efforts to understand that the time to opt out of pregnancy is sooner rather than later in amorous relationships.
Her biological "opt out" confers upon her the same "legal" absolution that men should have. They both had the exact same pre-cloital option. Her biological opt out also confers upon her something the man doesn't have - superior power- choice to be a parent. Even if he is in an accident that renders him sterile and this child will be his only chance to have a biological child she is still allowed to terminate the child.

The guidelines for a man's ability to opt out should be very strict and rapid - but it should be there for the sake of equality.

No one seems to be willing to answer the question I posed on numerous occasions. If women are so scared that men will opt out if they have the right - how the heck are these men getting laid in the first place?

Do you not understand the difference between men and women?

Better question is - do you understand equal rights? Or is that something only in theory and not really a "thing"?

Better question is - do you understand equal rights? Or is that something only in theory and not really a "thing"?

?? Your question might begin to make sense the day that women can impregnate men. Until that time, there quite obviously is no equality on this issue, so it has no bearing on the topic.

So you aren't a happy person? It shows. Sorry you came in mid conversation I was having with someone else and jumped in without following the thread. It does tend to leave some egg on the face.
I've been in conversation with Dex and vegas since post #3, October 19, and this "opt out of child support" issue was started long ago on different threads with the same posters. It's always the same argument: it's not fair that women can get abortions if the don't want a child and men have to pay child support whether they want a child or not. The egg? scrambled it and had it with toast. Thanks.

Her biological "opt out" confers upon her the same "legal" absolution that men should have. They both had the exact same pre-cloital option. Her biological opt out also confers upon her something the man doesn't have - superior power- choice to be a parent. Even if he is in an accident that renders him sterile and this child will be his only chance to have a biological child she is still allowed to terminate the child. The guidelines for a man's ability to opt out should be very strict and rapid - but it should be there for the sake of equality. No one seems to be willing to answer the question I posed on numerous occasions. If women are so scared that men will opt out if they have the right - how the heck are these men getting laid in the first place?

As I've noted before in this thread,only about 10-15% of men and women find themselves in conflict over a pregnancy. Most men and women seem to be reasonably decent, are able to talk to each other, make mutually agreeable decisions and stay satisfied with their decision whether it is to give birth or to have an abortion.
The solution is not to reward the jerks, men and women, with attention and unworkable laws for their irresponsible, immature and anti-social behavior behavior but to make marriage and children a more attractive solution: 'family' doesn't seem to get much recognition or encouragement these days.

As for you last question I believe the answer is in bars, clubs, places of worship, work, hobbies, museums, conferences, parks, walking the dog etc any where that men and women meet there will alway be sex. And only 10-15% will act like jerks.

Last edited:
I've been in conversation with Dex and vegas since post #3, October 19, and this "opt out of child support" issue was started long ago on different threads with the same posters. It's always the same argument: it's not fair that women can get abortions if the don't want a child and men have to pay child support whether they want a child or not. The egg? scrambled it and had it with toast. Thanks.
It is always the same argument and in the end the result is always the same. Men should have a post conception opt out if women get one.

Did you miss the "my country" in my posts? You said something about me fighting to maintain abortion rights and I replied that they are not endangered in my country.
How nice for you

No. The ability for women to opt out post conception is a matter of law. A law that in my country they had to fight very hard for. It was a civil rights struggle that was not achieved until 1972.

This has always been about law. The law should be changed to allow men to opt out post conception too

Paper does not override reality.

The map is not the territory.

No. The ability for women to opt out post conception is a matter of law. A law that in my country they had to fight very hard for. It was a civil rights struggle that was not achieved until 1972. This has always been about law. The law should be changed to allow men to opt out post conception too

The ability of women to get an abortion has absolutely nothing to do with law. Illegal abortions have always been available. It's better to have them legal because they are professional, safer, more hygienic, but don't kid yourself, if a women wants an abortion she can get it.

A law for men is not possible. Nothing you have ever cited could be enforced without monumental cost. Stopping abortion is not possible also because of the monumental policing costs..

The ability of women to get an abortion has absolutely nothing to do with law. Illegal abortions have always been available. It's better to have them legal because they are professional, safer, more hygienic, but don't kid yourself, if a women wants an abortion she can get it.

A law for men is not possible. Nothing you have ever cited could be enforced without monumental cost. Stopping abortion is not possible also because of the monumental policing costs..
Wrong. The ability to get a safe abortion has everything to do with the law. It's not much of a choice otherwise.

This is a question of law only. Have equality in civil rights always comes at a cost. It was much cheaper to have slavery

Back
Top Bottom