• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fukushima Continues to Spew its Darkness

IS FUKUSHIMA BUSINESS AS USUAL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveFagan

Iconoclast
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Fukushima Continues to Spew its Darkness | NukeFree.org

"Radiation leaks, steam releases, disease and death continue to spew from Fukushima and a disaster which is far from over. Its most profound threat to the global ecology---a spent fuel fire---is still very much with us. " "But independent experts tend to disbelieve anything Tepco says, for good reason. Reactor Units One, Two and Three have exploded at Fukushima despite decades of official assurances that commercial atomic power plants could not explode at all. The company has been unable to clear out enough radioactive debris to allow it to put a cover over the site that might contain further airborne emissions. "

"The impact of work in and near the reactors has become a rising concern. Critics have warned that there are not enough skilled technicians willing to sacrifice themselves at the plant. Tepco has worsened the situation by applying to open a number of its shut reactors elsewhere in Japan, straining its already depleted skilled workforce even further. Meanwhile, a staggering 40% rise in thyroid irregularities among young children in the area has caused a deepening concern about widespread health impacts from Fukushima's fallout within the general public. Because these numbers have come in just two years after the disaster, the percentage of affected children is expected to continue to rise. "

"But there's no doubt that a pool containing many tons of highly radioactive used fuel is suspended 100 feet in the air, with little left to support the structure. Should an earthquake or other trauma knock the pool to the ground, there's a high likelihood the fuel rods could catch fire.
In such an event, the radioactive emissions could be catastrophic. Intensely lethal emissions could spew for a very long time, eventually circling the globe many times, wrecking untold havoc.
The Japanese have removed two apparently unused rods from the fuel pool so far. But intense international pressure to clear out the rest of them has thus far been unsuccessful.
So while a depleted, discredited and disorganized nuclear utility moves to restart its other reactors, its stricken units at Fukushima continue to hold the rest of us at the brink of apocalyptic terror."

Fukushima Continues to Spew its Darkness | NukeFree.org

Since this has been Nationalized, the costs are upon the citizens of Japan.

Is this just another bankrupt Corporate shifting of responsibility?

Will all nukes shift costs to citizens when the profit flow is stopped?

Should NUKE regulator agency administrators and Nuke executives be required to live on NUKE Plant sites?

Last edited:
"But there's no doubt that a pool containing many tons of highly radioactive used fuel is suspended 100 feet in the air, with little left to support the structure. "

Unless they repealed the law of gravity, I would think there is a lot of doubt about this statement.

That's fission energy for you - it's great till something goes wrong.

"But there's no doubt that a pool containing many tons of highly radioactive used fuel is suspended 100 feet in the air, with little left to support the structure. "

Unless they repealed the law of gravity, I would think there is a lot of doubt about this statement.

So they have a pool sitting atop a 10 story building, I suppose.

nuclear energy is still a lot better than the other options. i'd like to see us develop thorium tech, build a lot of them, and run the whole country off of nuclear and renewables.

I have marveled at how well our media has swept this event under the rug. Compare coverage of this event to the Gulf oil spill and you see the media bias against fossil fuel on full display.

Or alternatively, you can see the media control by Big Energy. Whether it is about wars for OIL or maintaining a monopolized distribution network for electricity. You know that solar is feasible, but the gov't doesn't promote it. Big Energy can buy levels of gov't and does. They want to maintain the status quo of big money, at any costs. It really doesn't matter if it is dangerous to the people because liability issues are just a bankruptcy away.

Word of advice - don't focus on unstable energy sources when your island is one giant ass fault line.

I support nuclear energy, but I damn sure wouldn't want one built 2 miles from the San Andreas in California...well, unless it was near Hollywood. I know lots there who deserve a painful, toxic death.

I have marveled at how well our media has swept this event under the rug. Compare coverage of this event to the Gulf oil spill and you see the media bias against fossil fuel on full display.

The Oil Spill was caused by negligence on behalf of BP. The Fukishima Incident was brought upon by a natural disaster.

Human error tends to draw further attention than naturally occuring problems.

So they have a pool sitting atop a 10 story building, I suppose.

No, that would be a large pool inside a building much higher than 10 stories. The crane that loaded and unloaded the pool is damaged. Keeping it cool is difficult. If you read the story you know they have only been able to remove two fuel rods of hundreds in the pool in two years. However, the larger problem is the three reactors that exploded. Remember that "reactors can't explode," according to NUKE experts.

The Oil Spill was caused by negligence on behalf of BP. The Fukishima Incident was brought upon by a natural disaster.

Fukushima is/was human error. Rock markers identified the high earthquake tidal waves of the past and they were well above the sea walls installed by the NUCLEAR "experts." Your experts couldn't see the rocks because they had been educated beyond their intelligence.

Your experts couldn't see the rocks because they had been educated beyond their intelligence.

Holy ****, I have experts? When did I get them?

Man, that is so co- Wait, am I paying them?

The human error was putting the pumps in a place where they would obviously be flooded in a foreseeable event like this. That is a side issue though, the point is "oil bad, nuke good" especially since the medias hero (Obama) is on record as being pro nuke anti oil.

I don't necessarily believe this to be true - the difference is that Fukushima is not in America and not in the mainstream media's face every day. I remember back in the late 70's when Three Mile Island in Pennsylvannia had its accident - that was pretty big news for a long, long time. Environmental activists and their media friends hate nuclear energy just as much as they hate fossil fuels. They all want to drive around with a windmill on the roof of their motorized bicycles and live life by candlelight. Bring the nuclear accident closer to or into America and all the enviro pimps will be out marching and parading for the cameras, guaranteed.

Holy ****, I have experts? When did I get them?

Man, that is so co- Wait, am I paying them?

I presume you felt your answer was an educated opinion derived from experts giving the MSM their most printable supportive comments and causing you to believe that the event was unavoidable. Simply not true and perhaps not your fault for relying on the Mainstream Media. Mainstream Media, by the way, is supported by advertising monies and tends to support the positions of its' large advertisers. You pay your experts by watching the MSM. Try shutting off your TV and seeking real news around the worldwide web.

I don't necessarily believe this to be true - the difference is that Fukushima is not in America and not in the mainstream media's face every day. I remember back in the late 70's when Three Mile Island in Pennsylvannia had its accident - that was pretty big news for a long, long time. Environmental activists and their media friends hate nuclear energy just as much as they hate fossil fuels. They all want to drive around with a windmill on the roof of their motorized bicycles and live life by candlelight. Bring the nuclear accident closer to or into America and all the enviro pimps will be out marching and parading for the cameras, guaranteed.

Fukushima is not about Japan. It is about the real danger of Nuclear power. Google Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant/flood threat and find out how close to home Fukushima really is.

The difference is that in the 70s nuke power was very unfashionable but that has reversed due to the AGW fad. Nowadays nuke is considered green energy by the warmer crowd. The pendulum swings.

Fukushima is not about Japan. It is about the real danger of Nuclear power. Google Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant/flood threat and find out how close to home Fukushima really is.

I appreciate what you're saying and I wasn't criticizing the OP - I was questioning the premise that oil spills are more newsworthy than nuclear when the newsworthiness is, in my view, directly proportional to the proximity of the accident to the American networks.

The difference is that in the 70s nuke power was very unfashionable but that has reversed due to the AGW fad. Nowadays nuke is considered green energy by the warmer crowd. The pendulum swings.

I disagree with your assertion that nuclear is considered green energy by environmentalists, but I won't belabor the point.

Nuclear power has always been a mistake, no more should be built and those in existence should be shut down.

No other power source has the ability to render an area uninhabitable for thousands of years, to cause millions of birth defects, emit pollutants that last thousands of years - and now the ability to cause cancer, birth defects and dna damage to every living thing on earth in this next disaster.

After 3 Mile Island, we were assured some impossible bizarre sequence of events occurred and it could never happen again.

After the disaster in Russia, people were told that was a fluke and because of Russian bad design - that it can't happen again.

They are saying the same thing about Japan now.

The nuke near us has (finally) been permanent closed due to cracks in the reactor housing that would cost hundreds of millions of dollars to repair.

Supporting nuclear power is like a religious belief to many people who just chant that nuclear power is best. And when such as this happens they just declare it was an anomaly and chant even louder "MORE NUKES! MORE NUKES!"

That is a side issue though, the point is "oil bad, nuke good" especially since the medias hero (Obama) is on record as being pro nuke anti oil.

Actually, at no point did I mention Obama.

I presume you felt your answer was an educated opinion derived from experts giving the MSM their most printable supportive comments and causing you to believe that the event was unavoidable. Simply not true and perhaps not your fault for relying on the Mainstream Media. Mainstream Media, by the way, is supported by advertising monies and tends to support the positions of its' large advertisers. You pay your experts by watching the MSM. Try shutting off your TV and seeking real news around the worldwide web.

That has nothing to do with what I said.

Wait, or did I-

Nope, nothing.

Meanwhile, I have to go meet my experts.

Or alternatively, you can see the media control by Big Energy. Whether it is about wars for OIL or maintaining a monopolized distribution network for electricity. You know that solar is feasible, but the gov't doesn't promote it. Big Energy can buy levels of gov't and does. They want to maintain the status quo of big money, at any costs. It really doesn't matter if it is dangerous to the people because liability issues are just a bankruptcy away.

Big Energy, Big Oil, Big Media, Big Money, along with Big Pharma, Big Sugar, Big Solar, Big Government and the every popular Big Deal.

Please give us an org chart of which Big is controlling which other Big. It is so hard to keep track nowadays.

Big Energy, Big Oil, Big Media, Big Money, along with Big Pharma, Big Sugar, Big Solar, Big Government and the every popular Big Deal.

Please give us an org chart of which Big is controlling which other Big. It is so hard to keep track nowadays.

Since we fight wars for OIL, then I presume Big Energy is numero uno. Then when you make really, really, BIG money you are required to become a bank to handle your finances, and that , of course, means you need to buy some big MEDIA to polish the turd you are becoming, and then you have to have a large supply of VALIUM to calm the populace ergo you buy BIG Pharma. Next get control of their food chain through Monsanto and make it illegal to sue Monsanto and all is well. Any other questions. No conspiracy here, just good business practices, eh?

Back
Top Bottom