• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

FSB turns on Putin

Luce

Weaponized Funk
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other

Oleksiy Danilov, the secretary of Ukraine’s National Security and Defense Council, said during a broadcast marathon airing on Ukrainian TV channels that officials were recently tipped off that a unit of Kadyrovites, elite Chechen special forces, was on its way to kill Zelensky. After Ukrainian officials were informed by Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB), the Chechen special forces were killed Saturday on the outskirts of Kyiv, Danilov said.

“We are well aware of the special operation that was to take place directly by the Kadyrovites to eliminate our president. And I can say that we have received information from the FSB, who today do not want to take part in this bloody war,” Danilov said. “And thanks to this, the Kadyrov elite group was destroyed, which came here to eliminate our president.”

This is really interesting. The Russian version of the FBI just ratted out a hit team.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes before wider cracks begin to appear within Russia's own national security establishment.

I can't imagine there are many actual professionals who think that this war isn't a dumb cockamamie plan from the beginning.

I definitely took note of that. If it isn't Ukranian counter-propaganda, that could be a really good sign.

I assumed it was bullshit. Could be true but I am highly skeptical of the "you have a rat in your ranks" move. If you have someone on the inside, why tell anyone?

I assumed it was bullshit. Could be true but I am highly skeptical of the "you have a rat in your ranks" move. If you have someone on the inside, why tell anyone?

It's entirely possible that the FSB never had anything to do with it, and this was a Turing/Fleming move.

If it is, it's the best use of that since the end of WWII.

THe first article is by al-Arabiya. The second is by Ukrinform which has close ties to Ukraine's military.

I definitely took note of that. If it isn't Ukranian counter-propaganda, that could be a really good sign.

Even if it is, it just underscores how much better Ukraine has been at the propaganda war than the Russians. I guess the latter have been hamstrung by their desire to pretend they're not doing what they're doing? All that money plowed into troll farms and whatever narrative the Russians want to advance is just completely drowned out by Ukrainian 'W' after 'W.'

Intelligence folk burn their own assets all the time, and it's usually done deliberately.

It's also quite possible that the Ukrainians are lying, or that they received the Intel from Russians in another department, and want Putin to look over his shoulder and rattle his own ranks trying to find the rat.

This is really interesting. The Russian version of the FBI just ratted out a hit team.
FSB I don't think are big fans of Kadyrov, and sending Chechen thugs on an assassination mission instead of FSB agents (Though FSB agents have squandered many assassinations, and even the one they didn't squander, they basically were easily revealed, which might be why Putin decided to send someone else), well that's basically Kadyrov trampling on FSB turf.

Back
Top Bottom