• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Frustrated…so I rant.

jusme

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Death Penalty, just another way to show the world just how screwed up we are.
So there are criminals out there…so let's kill them because THAT will make the world a better place?! Come on people!
I think the death penalty is wrong. When we kill criminals who may have killed others, raped others, tortured others, etc we only send a message out to the world that killing and torturing and so is OK. We do this because we continue to breed HATE.
I have compassion for all people. No matter how messed up they may be. Do you ever consider from where people are? What happened to criminals in their childhood? Maybe nothing happened, maybe they just did stupid things, we all do stupid things.
And ya know what, there ARE people out there who break the law and NEED to be put in prison, but we need to find a BETTER way to "fix" the problems in the world.
Doctors see patients all day. A patient comes in with a problem. The doctor treats the patient. Why can't we do the same with a criminal? There is OBVIOUSLY a PROBLEM!!! For instance: Raping little kids, then eating their bodies for dinner isn't exactly a healthy thing to do. So why the H*** do we just send them off to prison or the electric chair? That ISN'T the most humane way to rid of the problem. It's the way to continue the problem.
I may not make much sense with my argument and it may not be a GOOD argument, but none the less I am AGAINST the death Penalty.
Anyone want to debate with me? Or, perhaps, Agree with me?

jusme said:
The Death Penalty, just another way to show the world just how screwed up we are.
So there are criminals out there…so let's kill them because THAT will make the world a better place?! Come on people!
I think the death penalty is wrong. When we kill criminals who may have killed others, raped others, tortured others, etc we only send a message out to the world that killing and torturing and so is OK. We do this because we continue to breed HATE.
I have compassion for all people. No matter how messed up they may be. Do you ever consider from where people are? What happened to criminals in their childhood? Maybe nothing happened, maybe they just did stupid things, we all do stupid things.
And ya know what, there ARE people out there who break the law and NEED to be put in prison, but we need to find a BETTER way to "fix" the problems in the world.
Doctors see patients all day. A patient comes in with a problem. The doctor treats the patient. Why can't we do the same with a criminal? There is OBVIOUSLY a PROBLEM!!! For instance: Raping little kids, then eating their bodies for dinner isn't exactly a healthy thing to do. So why the H*** do we just send them off to prison or the electric chair? That ISN'T the most humane way to rid of the problem. It's the way to continue the problem.
I may not make much sense with my argument and it may not be a GOOD argument, but none the less I am AGAINST the death Penalty.
Anyone want to debate with me? Or, perhaps, Agree with me?

Some things you just cant get treatment.

Raping little kids?
Prison or the electric chair would be toooo nice.
Allow the family to set the punishment.

Raping little kids is a horrible act of violence. It's something tragic that NO ONE should ever have to go through. It makes me cry and sick to my stomach thinking about things like this. When they show such graphic images in movies it hurts me. My heart just drops. You may not believe it and you might think I don't "care" or that I don't have a "heart", but I do.
I have a heart for all people on this earth. I think there are some people who can't be treated, but that's because their problems have progressed to a state of ultimate destruction.
For instance, sometimes when people are diagnosed with Cancer, the doctor finds that they cannot treat the patient becuase the Cancer has spread too much in the patient's body. Sometimes they catch it in time. Sometimes they catch it, treat it, but it comes back and the patient still dies. Diseases of the mind can be looked at in the same manner. In fact, I think they're more difficult to treat. I know plenty of people who are very close to me who have used medication to help with depression, being bi-polar, ADD, and anxiety. These medications not only are prescribed and monitored by the doctor, but the patient has to become their own doctor. Usually in time, and the patient is willing, treatment works.
Have you ever seen "A Clockwork Orange"? If not, maybe you should.
I know what I say may not make sense, but in my heart I want to help all. In doing that, I have to help the termanlly ill as well.

jusme said:
So there are criminals out there…so let's kill them because THAT will make the world a better place?!
Consider this: When you shoot the rabid dog you make the farm a better/safer place. Now apply this to a larger scale and you will see that in fact, the world is a better place by eliminating the "rabid elements".
jusme said:
When we kill criminals who may have killed others, raped others, tortured others, etc we only send a message out to the world that killing and torturing and so is OK.
Well, first off the word torture in your argument is out of place. I don't see any examples of death row inmates being slapped on the ol' streching rack. But concerning to your "executing criminals = condoning murder " thesis I would have to disagree... Shooting the rabid dog doesn't mean you condone animal cruelity.

jusme said:
We do this because we continue to breed HATE.
Sounds like a Sum 41 song

jusme said:
I have compassion for all people.
As do I. My theory, however, is that once you commit an act of murder or rape you lose your status as a human. You become a lesser creature. I would call murders/terrorist animals but that would be to debase animals. At least animals kill out of instinct to survive.

jusme said:
Do you ever consider from where people are?
Yeah the little girl who was raped and decapitated was from a neigborhood where she used to sell girlscout cookies. And the kid who was shot for wearing the wrong color of clothing in the wrong part of the city... he was from a family who wanted him to become something great when he grew up.

jusme said:
What happened to criminals in their childhood?
I have a better question. What would have happened if the criminal had let the kid he killed live his childhood.

jusme said:
maybe they just did stupid things,
Ooops, I raped and burned her..

jusme said:
we all do stupid things.
If rape, torture, and murder are your definitions of "stupid things" then you can speak for yourself when you say "we" all do stupid things.

jusme said:
And ya know what, there ARE people out there who break the law and NEED to be put in prison
Such brilliance.

jusme said:
but we need to find a BETTER way to "fix" the problems in the world.
When you come up with one you let us know.

jusme said:
Doctors see patients all day. A patient comes in with a problem. The doctor treats the patient. Why can't we do the same with a criminal?
If you want to pay for a criminal to get a pat on the back and an "awww poor dear" go right ahead. I intend to keep my hard earned money.

jusme said:
There is OBVIOUSLY a PROBLEM!!!
I love when we agree

jusme said:
For instance: Raping little kids, then eating their bodies for dinner isn't exactly a healthy thing to do.
Truly; Freud, Aristotle, and Voltaire are turning in the graves

jusme said:
That ISN'T the most humane way to rid of the problem.
If you will degrade yourself to a sub-animal level then I do not beleive you should get away it.

jusme said:
It's the way to continue the problem.
Ending the problem continues the problem? Please explain

jusme said:
it may not be a GOOD argument, but none the less I am AGAINST the death Penalty.

Its not that its not a good argument, its just that you are basing it completly on emotion for the criminal with none for the victim. Regardless I respect your opinion, if everyone agreed on everything life would be boring.

PS. It might not seem like it but I am actually not always Pro- Death Penalty. I have a very centrist view on this matter and look at each example case by case. (I mostly just love arguing with people so I play devil's advacate:mrgreen: )

jusme said:
Anyone want to debate with me?

Oh... wellllll if you insist,:lol:

Originally posted by cherokee
Some things you just cant get treatment.

Raping little kids?
Prison or the electric chair would be toooo nice.
Allow the family to set the punishment.
Why don't we spend energy into finding cures for why people rape? Why people murder? There has never been a violent baby born. So how do we get all these Manson's?

jusme said:
we only send a message out to the world that killing and torturing and so is OK. We do this because we continue to breed HATE.

Keeping those rapists, murderers, and people who commit heinous crimes alive is not what our society needs.

Who cares what the world thinks about us?? Most of the world is jealous of us!

I am really not sure about this subject but I tend to agree with Gaivs Ivlivs on this subject because nothing is black and white...case by case is exactly how this matter should be handled.

RidinHighSpeeds said:
Who cares what the world thinks about us?? Most of the world is jealous of us!

NO the rest of the world dislikes us because people like you make stupid comments like that....

goligoth said:
NO the rest of the world dislikes us because people like you make stupid comments like that....

haha that's your stupid opinion and you are entitled to that:mrgreen:

RidinHighSpeeds said:
haha that's your stupid opinion and you are entitled to that:mrgreen:

yeah that is my opinion......but just because it is my opinion doesn't mean it isn't true....

I fully support the concept the concept of the Death Penalty
however it is so costly i would rather the scum just get sentenced to life in the general population of Prison

Back
Top Bottom