• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Frumpy says he's now "allowed to hit" Obummer

mmi

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Another instant classic from perhaps the most entertaining presidential candidate in modern American political history.

"He was told to do this by Obama."

How can this POS possibly make it to election day without being recognized as such by a sizeable majority of the electorate? What does he plan to focus on in this case? The claim that the First Lady is a man, actually the president's college roommate? Would you be surprised if he says something like, "I don't know, but a lot of people believe it."

:shrug: it's pretty obvious he doesn't mean physical assault, but public critique. I completely believe that Trump would be willing to float the "maybe Michelle is a man" theory if he thought it would be useful, or even necessary to get the news' cycle's attention off of something else.

If you think that's going to hurt him, however, I'm afraid at this point you have an overly-optimistic opinion of the electorate (one I shared 8 months ago). We don't want wise and prudential leadership. We want to be entertained.

it's pretty obvious he doesn't mean physical assault, but public critique.

Yeah, thanks for clearing that up. Fwiw, I didn't think The Frump meant he's gonna "punch him in the face" the way he's encouraged his supporters to attack protestors.

>>If you think that's going to hurt him, however, I'm afraid at this point you have an overly-optimistic opinion of the electorate … . We want to be entertained.

I'd say yer confusing the American electorate with those who voted in the GOP primaries. The former is a much larger group, one that contains a much smaller percentage of ignorant, hateful morons.

If he manages to get elected he will certainly be a very interesting President and unless he screws up he will likely have my full support in 2020.

>If you think that's going to hurt him, however, I'm afraid at this point you have an overly-optimistic opinion of the electorate … . We want to be entertained.

I'd say yer confusing the American electorate with those who voted in the GOP primaries. The former is a much larger group, one that contains a much smaller percentage of ignorant, hateful morons.
That would make sense. The candidate that excites liberals hasn't had any success in the Democrat Primary, which is why it wrapped up so much faster than the GOP one did...

Unlike many previous Presidents, mostly Republicans, President Obama has decided to wade into the upcoming campaign from the White House and from the lectern when in foreign countries. As such, candidate Trump is perfectly within his rights to drag President Obama into this current election cycle if he feels that will somehow improve his chances in November. I would, however, question the wisdom of focusing attention on Obama when Hillary Clinton is the opposition and she provides a solid wealth of avenues of attack.

President Obama is yesterday's news and like many he's trying to glom onto Trump's notoriety in order to get attention and appear relevant. President Obama is going to need serious time in therapy in order to adjust to the hit on his ego that being forgotten and not missed will leave with him.

Unlike many previous Presidents, mostly Republicans, President Obama has decided to wade into the upcoming campaign from the White House and from the lectern when in foreign countries. As such, candidate Trump is perfectly within his rights to drag President Obama into this current election cycle if he feels that will somehow improve his chances in November. I would, however, question the wisdom of focusing attention on Obama when Hillary Clinton is the opposition and she provides a solid wealth of avenues of attack.

President Obama is yesterday's news and like many he's trying to glom onto Trump's notoriety in order to get attention and appear relevant. President Obama is going to need serious time in therapy in order to adjust to the hit on his ego that being forgotten and not missed will leave with him.

Speaking of Obama wading into the upcoming campaign, do you think that him doing that is going to help more or less than it did in the last election?
You remember that one, right? Where the Senate changed hands, and the Dems were handed their asses in the downstream elections?

Scandal Politics: The Downstream Effect

So yeah. Hey Obama! Go for it. Go out and campaign your heart out again. Just like last time.

Except this time it's sure to be with a worse result, as Trump will be on the attack.

Speaking of Obama wading into the upcoming campaign, do you think that him doing that is going to help more or less than it did in the last election?
You remember that one, right? Where the Senate changed hands, and the Dems were handed their asses in the downstream elections?

Scandal Politics: The Downstream Effect

So yeah. Hey Obama! Go for it. Go out and campaign your heart out again. Just like last time.

Except this time it's sure to be with a worse result, as Trump will be on the attack.

For several years now, the elections in Congress and particularly the Senate have depended entirely upon whether or not the Republicans nominate reasonable and sane candidates. Prior to 2012, they took the advice of Sarah Palin and other Tea Party idiots and nominated unelectable fools. In 2012, they nominated a slate of candidates that gave them control of the Senate. I'm not sure what they've done in races where the incumbent Republican isn't running or where the Democrat incumbent is vulnerable, but if Sarah Palin glomming onto Donald Trump is any indication and she has any influence, the Senate may be lost.

For several years now, the elections in Congress and particularly the Senate have depended entirely upon whether or not the Republicans nominate reasonable and sane candidates. Prior to 2012, they took the advice of Sarah Palin and other Tea Party idiots and nominated unelectable fools. In 2012, they nominated a slate of candidates that gave them control of the Senate. I'm not sure what they've done in races where the incumbent Republican isn't running or where the Democrat incumbent is vulnerable, but if Sarah Palin glomming onto Donald Trump is any indication and she has any influence, the Senate may be lost.

Republicans were successful in their deceit of the American public.

... the way he's encouraged his supporters to attack protestors.
Like most claims against Trump, nothing but exaggerated nonsense.

I don't believe that Palin has as much influence as you might think. I think she's pretty well cashed out by now, and pretty well ignored.

Another thing that's in the GOP's favor is the ObamaCare price hikes, deductible hikes, and coverage reductions every November, just before the elections. A recurring and painful reminder of what the Democrats did to the electorate with that legislation. That isn't helpful in the least I think.

Yeah, thanks for clearing that up. Fwiw, I didn't think The Frump meant he's gonna "punch him in the face" the way he's encouraged his supporters to attack protestors.

>>If you think that's going to hurt him, however, I'm afraid at this point you have an overly-optimistic opinion of the electorate … . We want to be entertained.

Not so fast there, they elected Obama twice didn't they? Contradicts your not being ignorant morons part, at the very least.

I don't believe that Palin has as much influence as you might think. I think she's pretty well cashed out by now, and pretty well ignored.

Another thing that's in the GOP's favor is the ObamaCare price hikes, deductible hikes, and coverage reductions every November, just before the elections. A recurring and painful reminder of what the Democrats did to the electorate with that legislation. That isn't helpful in the least I think.

I wish I had as much faith in the electorate as you do. I've seen it here in Canada and Ontario as well, the election a government based on personality at the federal level and the reelection of a corrupt and incompetent provincial election based on misguided ideology.

I wish I had as much faith in the electorate as you do. I've seen it here in Canada and Ontario as well, the election a government based on personality at the federal level and the reelection of a corrupt and incompetent provincial election based on misguided ideology.

Meh. I'm not seeing Palin having much traction anymore. Just as well, I figure.

WRT: Faith: What other choice do I have? It's gonna do what it's gonna do, regardless of what I do. However, I sense a distinct abandonment of Hillary out in the general population, at least to some extent. In here with other political crazies and partisans? Not so much, but hardly what I'd call a representative sample of the general electorate.

The candidate that excites liberals hasn't had any success in the Democrat Primary

?? Ya mean Sen Sanders? He's done quite well, hasn't he?

Ms Clinton will effectively receive the nomination next week. A team that includes Obama, Clinton, Sanders, and all their spouses will then be in a position to tear Frumpy into little pieces of cat food.

Unlike many previous Presidents, mostly Republicans, President Obama has decided to wade into the upcoming campaign from the White House and from the lectern when in foreign countries

I figure Sen McCain didn't think he'd be helped much by Dubya. Mr. Bush was forty points under water in June 2008, and fell to down forty-five (25-70) the week before the election. (source)

Mr. Reagan didn't appear to be excited about his subordinate's candidacy.

George Bush, who seems to need a lot of help, got as little as possible Wednesday from President Reagan, who gave his vice president a tepid political endorsement.

Reagan had said nothing about Bush's performance as vice president, his qualities for the presidency or his vision of the country`s future.

To some observers, the unenthusiastic endorsement prompted memories of Dwight Eisenhower's 1960 answer to the question of what Vice President Richard Nixon had contributed to his administration. "If you give me a week, I might think of one (thing)," Eisenhower said. — "Reagan Endorses Bush — tepidly," Chicago Tribune, May 12, 1988​

>>candidate Trump is perfectly within his rights to drag President Obama into this current election cycle if he feels that will somehow improve his chances in November.

I have no problem with that. Mittens had some difficulty contending with Mr Obama, and I expect all that's gonna be left of Frumpy is a greasy orange spot.

>>I would, however, question the wisdom of focusing attention on Obama

So would I. The president is currently up eight points in Gallup, 52-44.

>>President Obama is yesterday's news

Hmm. I'd say he's POTUS.

>>he's trying to glom onto Trump's notoriety in order to get attention and appear relevant.

Thanks for the laugh.

>>President Obama is going to need serious time in therapy in order to adjust to the hit on his ego that being forgotten and not missed will leave with him.

I expect he will thoroughly enjoy life after leaving office and play a very important role, both in the US and overseas, much as Mr Clinton and Mr Carter have.

Gallup had Obummer down twelve, 42-54, in the first week of Nov 2014. That's now turned around by twenty points.

Not so fast there, they elected Obama twice didn't they? Contradicts your not being ignorant morons part, at the very least.

That of course depends on who you'd describe as ignorant, hateful morons. I'd go with Frumpy's crowd.

Like most claims against Trump, nothing but exaggerated nonsense.

Trump is the physical embodiment of exaggerated nonsense, so I excuse your erroneous interpretation.

Trump is the physical embodiment of exaggerated nonsense, so I excuse your erroneous interpretation.
Thank you for exemplifying what I said.

Let me think now. How many people have put nails in Trump's coffin over the last year? How many times has his obituary been written? How many people in his own party thought he was a joke and underestimated him? What was the result of all that? I have some advice for the Democrats and others on the left: Don't be over confidant and take Trump as nothing but a joke. Learn from the mistakes of others who have gone down the same path. It comes back to bite you in the ass. If you don't take him seriously then you will suffer the same outcome as those who have fallen by the wayside over the last year while Trump looks in the rear view mirror. There are many voters on the left and independents as well who are sick and tired of being lied to, the political correctness, and the self coronated establishment who have been bought and paid for. It's not just a right wing thing. That's why Bernie has been doing so well.

Last edited:
What Trump, the FBI, and the "electorate is about to hand Hillary is what she has coming. She will then be able to drift off into her old age knowing she lost twice at her egotistical attempt to take this great country further into the cesspool than even Obama has managed to do in all things foreign, and domestic.

Back
Top Bottom