• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

From the Guardian: Neoliberalism – the ideology at the root of all our problems

Maybe where you live, where there is no respect for life, so it is taken easily.

Where I live, taking life is forbidden - of one another and by the state.

Some people call that "civilized", others simply smirk ...
Even without the death penalty, police are still the designated violence perpetrators and that is the case everywhere. Different localites may have variations in the kind or degree of violence they are authorized to use without themselves being subject to charges (i.e. threat of violence), but all police forces have it.

Even without the death penalty, police are still the designated violence perpetrators and that is the case everywhere. Different localites may have variations in the kind or degree of violence they are authorized to use without themselves being subject to charges (i.e. threat of violence), but all police forces have it.

Look, I live in Europe where nobody-but-nobody goes bonkers over shooting guns (like you-plural in the US).

You live with that fact, I am not obliged to do so. Gun related deaths (homicides) in the US are 16 times those in France. (Source here.)

Enjoy ... !

Look, I live in Europe where nobody-but-nobody goes bonkers over shooting guns (like you-plural in the US).

You live with that fact, I am not obliged to do so. Gun related deaths (homicides) in the US are 16 times those in France. (Source here.)

Enjoy ... !

And yet your police still are authorized to use force, which is the polite term for violence. You live with that fact and, because the populace is effectively disarmed, nothing can stop widespread abuse if it starts. The first half of europe's history last century rather tellingly demonstrates that.

And yet your police still are authorized to use force, which is the polite term for violence. You live with that fact and, because the populace is effectively disarmed, nothing can stop widespread abuse if it starts. The first half of europe's history last century rather tellingly demonstrates that.

Ranting becomes you so.

Moving right along ...

Ranting becomes you so.

Moving right along ...

Interesting. Pointing out Europe's troubled history with disarming the populace is "ranting". I suppose if one supports the atrocities on that continent last century, or denies them, it very well could be seen as such.

Back
Top Bottom