• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

from the dailykos:

liblady

pirate lover
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
ha! just a little semi-partisan lol.

GOP Rebuttal to The President's "Stay In School" Speech to Children
by Hunter
Tue Sep 08, 2009 at 07:30:03 AM PDT
Stolen from the desk of M. Steele, and presented in no particular order, because keeping track of things his hard.

The President: Hello everyone – how’s everybody doing today?

That's a personal question, children, and you don't have to answer it.

When I was young, my family lived in Indonesia for a few years.

HE ADMITS IT! HE ADMITS IT! And Indonesia is RIGHT NEXT TO KENYA. (Teachers, please remove all maps and globes from the classroom at this point.)

Whatever you resolve to do, I want you to commit to it. I want you to really work at it.

Or not. Seriously, who the hell cares?

Every single one of you has something you’re good at. Every single one of you has something to offer.

That's not true. Many of you will be good at nothing. Trust us, kids, we've watched you grow. Most of you will drift through life as directionless failures. Then you'll become senators.

No one’s born being good at things, you become good at things through hard work.

Hard work is for suckers. There's two ways to be succeed in this world. One, get your dad to do it for you, then claim the success as your own. Two, win the lottery. In fact, borrow money from your dad to spend on lottery tickets. You're not made of money.

But at the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, and the best schools in the world – and none of it will matter unless all of you fulfill your responsibilities.

Given that most of you won't, you can see why we think it's a waste of time and money to give you dedicated teachers and good schools. I mean, no sense pissing money away. Oh, and it's your fault.

Maybe you could be a good writer – maybe even good enough to write a book or articles in a newspaper – but you might not know it until you write a paper for your English class.

Don't knock yourself out on it, though, because intellectual endeavor is for liberals and communists. But the three most nonsensical essays will be published by Regnery Publishing. Any of you proving to have exceptional illiteracy will be made Fox News anchors.

You might have to do a math problem a few times before you get it right, or read something a few times before you understand it, or do a few drafts of a paper before it’s good enough to hand in.

Are we getting through to you yet? Knowing the "right" answer to something is hard. But if you just believe whatever the hell you want, you're done. Boom, pencils down, recess time. Isn't that just a hell of a lot easier for both you and us?

And no matter what you want to do with your life – I guarantee that you’ll need an education to do it. You want to be a doctor, or a teacher, or a police officer? You want to be a nurse or an architect, a lawyer or a member of our military? You’re going to need a good education for every single one of those careers.

Except military, from now on. Hint-itty-hint-hint, kids.

The story of America isn’t about people who quit when things got tough. It’s about people who kept going, who tried harder, who loved their country too much to do anything less than their best.

That's why Sarah Palin is the Best American To Ever Walk The Planet. If you call it "moving on", it ain't quitting.

So today, I want to ask you, what’s your contribution going to be? What problems are you going to solve? What discoveries will you make? What will a president who comes here in twenty or fifty or one hundred years say about what all of you did for this country?

Our bet? "Thanks for not making torture an indictable offense!" Seriously, kids, we can't thank you enough for that.

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless America.

OK, that's just shameless pandering now. That's like something HitlerStalin would say. (Teachers, please remove all history books from the classroom at this point...)

And you posted this why? Just trying to start a fight?

no. is there some sort of rule about what i posted? i thought it was funny.
404 Error, Funny not found.
lol more like 403 error, funny Forbidden! :p

I didn't bother reading what the president said, so I'm sure as hell not going to read the rebuttal to it.

I didn't bother reading what the president said, so I'm sure as hell not going to read the rebuttal to it.

no problem. i have no expectations.

Thank you for your posting your intention to stay non-informed.

:2razz:

I am thoroughly surprised. I figured you would want to educate yourself on the speech that a lot of Conservatives are upset about. I guess some just prefer willful ignorance.

Thank you for your posting your intention to stay non-informed.

:2razz:

Since when did anybody ever get informed by reading DailyKos? It's not even decent quality propaganda, more like tabloid neo-liberalism for un-inquiring minds.

Last edited:
Anytime my friend... Anytime.

Just like W., he's happy to not know.

Sarah Palin understands that when you read to get informed, you risk getting upset and sometimes confused by new information. Then you have to use those critical thinking skills to sort through it all.

It's best to stay away from magazines and newspapers with all their info and facts.

Better to only read that which confirms your political beliefs. The Bible and Michelle Malkin.:cool:

That was really unfunny... exactly what I'd expect from the Daily kos.

Just like W., he's happy to not know.

Sarah Palin understands that when you read to get informed, you risk getting upset and sometimes confused by new information. Then you have to use those critical thinking skills to sort through it all.

It's best to stay away from magazines and newspapers with all their info and facts.

Better to only read that which confirms your political beliefs. The Bible and Michelle Malkin.:cool:
bible on tape and malkin on fox. no reading required.

Meh, I didn't find the OP that amusing and the KoS isn't even remotely an objective news source... So why do people care for the Daily KoS?
no, it's not an objective news source, but it WAS amusing to me. i read it maybe twice a month.

Back
Top Bottom