• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

From Hope to Hate

Their policies and procedures have evolved of course. Theft of land, labor, and now votes are at the core the heart of democrat polices. Leaping from one con mans scheme to the next since the 1820s with those of us on the bottom paying the price.

This is the kind of standard, anti-intellectual historical deflection and dissembling that works (quite effectively) on right wing blogs and within conservative circles. But it's also the kind of nonsense that leads to the mockery that the fake news crowd is constantly whining about.

Party labels are meaningless over time. Idealogocal lables are the only thing that matters.

The Democratic Party was the party of social and religious conservatives from its origin (as an offshoot of the Democratic-Republican Party of Jefferson and Madison), from its very beginnings in the 1820's. Begining with TR (and his Progressive Party/movement) and FRD (with the New Deal in the 30's), that began to change, slowly. And with LBJ's civil rights legislation ('64 '65, '65, '68), that change was cemented, and the Democratic Party became the party of social liberalism, as social conservatives began to move the the GOP where their lingering social/cultural prejudices, racial resentments and religious fears were embraced with the likes of western Republicans such as Goldwater, Nixon and Reagan.

Simply stated (for the simple minded)...the bottom line is that SOCIAL CONSERVATIVES (i.e. YOUR ideoogical ancestors) were the defenders of America's chatel slavery...and the Jim Crow that followed it....and the lynchings of black men and women and institutionalized voter suppression throughout the south and midwest....and just about EVERYTHING that you and your party stand for today. And today, those conservative "values" are reflective of the Republican Party.

So just remember, it's not about Party ID. It's about Ideology. And whenever conservatives like you try to reprise history by focusing entirely upon party labels instead of ideological labels....you will always render yourselves vulnerable to ridicule.

So you admit- more people want less immigration. Thanks for admitting I was right.
By the way- show us where Trump wants less??
In June, a majority of Americans, by 1% wanted reduced immigration. You said most Americans agree with Trump on immigration. Although 1% more wanted reduced immigration, like Trump, overall 58% of Americans wanted the same amount or more. You were wrong. Learn to accept loss gracefully.

And do your own homework.
https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/presidential-memorandum-secretary-state-13/

Our President went to Mississippi...so what ?

This dude(obama) lifted Americans,then slammed us to the ground.

This is the kind of standard, anti-intellectual historical deflection and dissembling that works (quite effectively) on right wing blogs and within conservative circles. But it's also the kind of nonsense that leads to the mockery that the fake news crowd is constantly whining about.

Party labels are meaningless over time. Idealogocal lables are the only thing that matters.

The Democratic Party was the party of social and religious conservatives from its origin (as an offshoot of the Democratic-Republican Party of Jefferson and Madison), from its very beginnings in the 1820's. Begining with TR (and his Progressive Party/movement) and FRD (with the New Deal in the 30's), that began to change, slowly. And with LBJ's civil rights legislation ('64 '65, '65, '68), that change was cemented, and the Democratic Party became the party of social liberalism, as social conservatives began to move the the GOP where their lingering social/cultural prejudices, racial resentments and religious fears were embraced with the likes of western Republicans such as Goldwater, Nixon and Reagan.

Simply stated (for the simple minded)...the bottom line is that SOCIAL CONSERVATIVES (i.e. YOUR ideoogical ancestors) were the defenders of America's chatel slavery...and the Jim Crow that followed it....and the lynchings of black men and women and institutionalized voter suppression throughout the south and midwest....and just about EVERYTHING that you and your party stand for today. And today, those conservative "values" are reflective of the Republican Party.

So just remember, it's not about Party ID. It's about Ideology. And whenever conservatives like you try to reprise history by focusing entirely upon party labels instead of ideological labels....you will always render yourselves vulnerable to ridicule.

As Lincoln said

Democrats- "You work. I eat"

Republicans- "The hand that makes the corn decides what to do with it"

As true today as it was then.

You Work and Toil and Earn Bread, and I’ll Eat It

As Lincoln said

Democrats- "You work. I eat"

Republicans- "The hand that makes the corn decides what to do with it"

As true today as it was then.

You Work and Toil and Earn Bread, and I’ll Eat It

:lamo

I see you're hard-headed. But, from your vantage point - as a blind, right wing ideogue - you have unwittingly just helped to ILLUSTRATE my point.

You see, my fake-news loving friend....Lincoln was the LIBERAL in that contest between him and Douglas. Lincoln would, if alive today, be a proud member of the Democratic Party, as the party he helped to create has become the party of the Steven Douglases and the Strom Thurmonds and the David Dukes and the Donald Trumps of the world.

So again, try not to confuse yourself with party labels when studying your own history as an American. It's about IDEOLOGY, not PARTY.

Got it?

I see you're hard-headed. But, from your vantage point - as a blind, right wing ideogue - you have unwittingly just helped to ILLUSTRATE my point.

You see, my fake-news loving friend....Lincoln was the LIBERAL in that contest between him and Douglas. Lincoln would, if alive today, be a proud member of the Democratic Party, as the party he helped to create has become the party of the Steven Douglases and the Strom Thurmonds and the David Dukes and the Donald Trumps of the world.

So again, try not to confuse yourself with party labels when studying your own history as an American. It's about IDEOLOGY, not PARTY.

Got it?

You do not seem properly equipped with enough facts to assign labels to me or anyone else from what you have incorrectly stated so far.

"Looking at these things, the Republican party, as I understand its principles and policy, believe that there is great danger of the institution of slavery being spread out and extended, until is ultimately made alike lawful in all the States of this union; so believing, to prevent that incidental and ultimate consummation, is the original and chief purpose of the Republican organization. I say ‘chief purpose’ of the Republican organization; for it is certainly true that if the national House shall fall into the hands of the Republicans, they will have to attend to all the others matters of national house-keeping, as well as this. This chief and real purpose of the Republican party is eminently conservative. It proposes nothing save and except to restore this government to its original tone in regard to this element of slavery, and there to maintain it, looking for no further change, in reference to it, than that which the original framers of the government themselves expected and looked forward to." Lincoln Columbus, Ohio, September 16, 1859

So giving the money away is a scam.

Would keeping the money be better for you?

Dont get tired out from moving those goalposts.

First he doesnt donate..... then when he does...Its a scam!!!

Take a look at yourself.

Look, Warren Buffett has given millions of dollars in donations. Do you ever hear about it? Does he mention it?

Trump has given a huge amount less and every one of his "donations", and I do mean every one of them is made public immediately and repeatedly. It is an investment in publicity or otherwise his supporters (like you) would have nothing to support him with.

It is that simple.

Got it?

I get that you are either incorrect or purposely pushing bs that is dispelled upon scrutiny.

Lincoln would roll in his grave if he knew you would try to group him in a role opposed to the founding fathers basic principles of freedom for all.

Lets look at how Lincoln saw the founding fathers in opposition to the arguments Taney made to justify slavery...(which interestingly enough are closely related to the arguments we see from democrats today)......

"Let us consider some key items of evidence that Lincoln adduces to show how the framers of the Constitution actually thought and acted with regard to slavery.15 At the Congress of Confederation in 1784, Lincoln noted, four future signers of the Constitution were asked to vote to prohibit slavery in the immense Northwest Territory that would come to include the states of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin. Of these, three of the framers voted to ban slavery.
Three years later, a similar Northwest prohibition came up for consideration and two more future framers voted for a ban. Then in 1789, at the first official gathering of Congress, presided by George Washington, all sixteen framers present—Lincoln methodically names each of them—voted unanimously to enforce the slavery ban of the 1787 Northwest Ordinance.
Again in 1804, Lincoln records, two framers were called upon to adjudicate similar restrictions in the newly acquired Louisiana Territory. Again, they voted for federal restrictions, including a ban on future importation of slaves from abroad. And in 1820, when Congress considered the Missouri Compromise, Lincoln points out that two surviving framers cast votes, one to ban slavery extension, one to allow it.
In the manner of a lawyer—which Lincoln was—summing up his case, Lincoln unveils his statistical tally, which he reminds his audience does not include any double counting. He has twenty-three of the thirty-nine framers—“a clear majority,” he points out—voting on the question of slavery expansion, and of these he counts twenty-one, a near unanimity, placing themselves on the side of banning or restricting it.
Finally, in a kind of addendum, Lincoln considers the sixteen framers who left no voting record on the subject, including Benjamin Franklin, Alexander Hamilton and Gouverneur Morris. With the exception of one, John Rutledge, Lincoln notes that all the others were confirmed antislavery men. So taking into account how they would likely have voted had the question been before them, Lincoln records his final tally of thirty-six to three, a decisive endorsement by the framers of the Republican position on slavery restriction.
Whatever one thinks of Lincoln’s algebra, he would seem to have decisively refuted Taney’s contention that the founders were unanimous in considering blacks to be so far inferior to whites that they were fit objects only for slavery. Moreover, Lincoln’s challenge to the Democrats to name a single person—not just a single founder but any single individual—of the founding era who claimed blacks were not included as men in the Declaration of Independence was never met by a Democrat of his time and has not been met to this day. Clearly there is something very wrong with the conventional wisdom, both about Lincoln and about the founding era." Dinesh Desouza-Death of a Nation: Plantation Politics and the Making of the Democratic Party

Lincoln was called the "radical" by the opponents of his time when it was actually they who had had radically strayed from the principles that founded the country.

No sir. Those lies are exposed in the light of history.

The side I am.on is against both the Dems and the GOP. They both are filled with hate for different groups. If you keep voting for.the same people you'll keep getting the same results. The very definition of stupidity. Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
You apparently keep voting for neither, and yet we get the same results..Dems and Republicans run the country. Are you saying you're stupid? I think you should rethink your master plan here.

So a group that hates intolerance, vs a group that hates people because of their religion, ethnicity, race, etc., you view these as the same because "both hate"? Tell me you are wiser than that. Please.
A group hates people who abuse animals.
A group hates blacks.

Can you only oppose both because both hate? Please tell me your algorithm is more sophisticated than you make it out to be.

Wow, folks love my threads so much they resurrect them like that Jesus fella.

Back
Top Bottom