• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

From Hope to Hate

When it comes to hope versus hate, it should not be difficult to know why a side must be chosen. And, I would have thought which side we all chose would universal, and the why of it, self evident.

I guess I seriously underestimated the power of hate.
You also seem to have a problem with objectivity vs subjectivity. Any emotion is subjective to begin with. There was as much hope as hate with both Obama and Trump. Both sides seek to demonize various groups. The right supposedly see the LBGT as subversive and amoral, while the left supposedly view the rich as evil... unless they are Democrats. No "oh look! These few are bad!" Nope, the picture painted is the whole group without exception.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

How so ??

You do know the difference between anti immigration and anti illegal immigration, right ??
Much better than you know fiction from fact. Trump has repeatedly, obsessively made his anti-immigrant stance very clear for a long time. Only someone who is truly blind to bigotry/xenophobia would argue differently.

Many disgusting examples of Trump’s lying, bigotry, and hatred to be found at the click of a mouse:
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Our military is being mobilized at the Southern Border. Many more troops coming. We will NOT let these Caravans, which are also made up of some very bad thugs and gang members, into the U.S. Our Border is sacred, must come in legally. TURN AROUND!

https://youtu.be/-0w67nLQyV4

Is anyone truly so stupid as to believe every group of immigrants trying to enter America is made up of “bad people”??

When it comes to hope versus hate, it should not be difficult to know why a side must be chosen. And, I would have thought which side we all chose would universal, and the why of it, self evident.

You did not underestimate the power of hate, You've shown an intimate understanding of hate and embraced it fully these last few years

Yes..we can easily see the HATE SPEECH (calls Jews "VERMIN") and VIOLENT ACTS of the DNC's Precious Islamists, whom they ELECT TO CONGRESS, etal, but the Lying left fails to produce a SINGLE ACT OF HATRED by Hyde Smith...while DESPERATELY TYING TO REDUCE EVERYTHING TO RACE...per usual:

Piss poor and disingenuous example. Anyone who knows history, knows that the Democrats of the 19th and early 20th were very much different from the Democrats of today. Read up on Dixiecrats.

Obama's victory lifted millions of Americans; for white supremacists, he lit a powder keg.

And, now we are stuck with Trump, a man who goes down to Mississippi to rally for a Dixiecrat. So, here we are in a true battle between good and evil.

Choose a side. If you haven't already, you better do it now. There is no middle-way on this. It's hope versus hate, plain and simple.

It appears you are unfamiliar with what a dixiecrat is.......

Hillary Clinton’s Link To Former KKK Leader Robert Byrd Surfaces Again After Charlottesville

Not much. You are sometimes a quite effective wielder of that which moves us away from American unity and towards universal division..

Well, we certainly see which side came out whining, some even needed to use bold and large font.

And we see which side was reduced to commenting on FONT and CAPS, once their whining lies about "hate" were exposed, and REVERSED....

Obama's victory lifted millions of Americans; for white supremacists, he lit a powder keg.

And, now we are stuck with Trump, a man who goes down to Mississippi to rally for a Dixiecrat. So, here we are in a true battle between good and evil.

Choose a side. If you haven't already, you better do it now. There is no middle-way on this. It's hope versus hate, plain and simple.

The logic here is broken. Your premise that Trump is scum therefore Obama was great is simply false. Obama abused his power, Trump just does it worse. Obama divided Americans. Trump is just worse. Obama failed to unite Americans. Obama caused Trump. Maybe not intentionally but it happened. Obama was a far better president than Trump is but he was still a poor president.

Vanity Fair started out with a lie, Trump is anti immigrant, I quit reading.

Smart move, reality could damage your bubble.

When Trump wanted to energize the base, he used racial fear. Trump, based on his actions, thinks his base is largely made up of cowardly racists. Or do you think you know Trump's base better than Trump himself?

When Trump wanted to energize the base, he used racial fear. Trump, based on his actions, thinks his base is largely made up of cowardly racists. Or do you think you know Trump's base better than Trump himself?

Please quote the "RACIAL FEAR" you just pulled out of the Lying Left Collective ASS.

Much better than you know fiction from fact. Trump has repeatedly, obsessively made his anti-immigrant stance very clear for a long time. Only someone who is truly blind to bigotry/xenophobia would argue differently.

Many disgusting examples of Trump’s lying, bigotry, and hatred to be found at the click of a mouse:
Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Our military is being mobilized at the Southern Border. Many more troops coming. We will NOT let these Caravans, which are also made up of some very bad thugs and gang members, into the U.S. Our Border is sacred, must come in legally. TURN AROUND!

https://youtu.be/-0w67nLQyV4

Is anyone truly so stupid as to believe every group of immigrants trying to enter America is made up of “bad people”??

And you still have no idea the difference between anti immigration and anti illegal immigration.

Reality is Trump isn't anti immigration, he's anti illegal immigration. Vanity Fare lied. There article was based on a strawman.

And you’re still obfuscating.

I'm obfuscating nothing, my words were clear. You have the opportunity to quote Trump showing he's anti immigration, I'll wait.

I'm obfuscating nothing, my words were clear.
Yes, you are obfuscating. Purporting that Trump’s interest is only in stopping illegal immigration. Any informed, clear eyed person knows differently. The evidence is abundant and unambiguous. Only the self deluded and dishonest disagree, and there is no reason to debate with either.

Yes, you are obfuscating. Purporting that Trump’s interest is only in stopping illegal immigration. Any informed, clear eyed person knows differently. The evidence is abundant and unambiguous. Only the self deluded and dishonest disagree, and there is no reason to debate with either.

Trumps interests are personal power and personal financial gain. Nothing more. He touts illegal immigration slogans because it makes his crowds cheer. Trump never had a problem with illegals, even employing them, prior to running. It is a political platform and nothing more.

I see you have already chosen your God.
Now go ahead and make a poster out of these and bring them to your temple or shrine.
BTW...if you think this is a struggle between good and evil, as your post says...then you need to get out more.

obama as a god3.jpg

obama as a god4.jpg

I'm still waiting.

You are missing the point. Hate has a cure and it tends to be inline with all other social faults... education.

The point of that article is no matter who wins someone loses, then becomes angry about it. It is both naive and foolish to assume we achieved any sense of social unity and peace under Obama, but what he did showcase was something polar opposite to what Trump is advocating. Regardless our issue is the same, "picking a side" assumes the other side will eventually go away. Not going to happen, something has to be done and dealing with hate by countering with hate is not the answer.

Pretend you've take the high road and pat yourself on the back for your choice, the rest of us are looking to intentional division oriented politics as the fault and know full well that is bipartisan.

Last edited:

LOL, first.....this is a really pathetic example of deflection.

In addition, Clinton's "ties" to Robert Byrd were nothing more than him being a source of knowlede for her when she was a rookie senator.

Lastly, it's always odd to see the knee-jerk reactions of visceral disdain that come from right wingers with "issues" about race.....toward former racists who have disavowed the the ignorance of hatred of their earlier lives. Why do you people hold such hatred for people like Byrd (who acknowledged , rejected and apologiezed for his past)....yet embrace proud and/or overt racists like Trump?

I think there is a lot of wisdom to be gleaned in the answer to the above question. And I believe we all know what it is. LOL

Trumps interests are personal power and personal financial gain. Nothing more. He touts illegal immigration slogans because it makes his crowds cheer. Trump never had a problem with illegals, even employing them, prior to running. It is a political platform and nothing more.
Trump’s interests do indeed focus on power and wealth, and he certainly has employed immigrants (including illegals) to clean his hotels and cut grass at Mar a Lago, and yes, he absolutely plays the role of carnival huckster to his base however, he has a long and well documented history of racist rhetoric/beliefs. That long held bigotry/xenophobia just adds to his joy of keeping “them” out of the United States.

Back
Top Bottom