• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

'From golden showers in a sex club to tax fraud': Michael Cohen releases explosive foreword to Trump

I think it originates from the way in which certain persons define Christianity. I once worked with a fellow who belonged to one of those fundagelical churches who quite openly said on more than occasion that Catholics weren't Christians. I suppose it's one reason there are 30,000+ sects which label themselves "Christian". The range of contradictory beliefs means that some Americans who view Trump as being supportive of their beliefs can claim he's a real Christian, while other churches are asking, "Why are you supporting him? He's no Christian."

It is interesting. It's ironic in places like South Carolina. South Carolina was settled by Irish Catholics, Scots-Irish protestants (Presbyterians), German Lutherans, and British Anglicans (primarily in the low country). Many Irish Catholics didn't have a priest running around, especially in the piedmont and on over toward York or Spartanburg. In the early days away from the coast, it was wilderness where settlers lived on large plots of land. There weren't many churches and even fewer Catholic churches, as a consequence of the internal structure of the Roman Catholic Church. That does not mean that there weren't a good measure of Catholics. Most folks didn't go to church back then as pickings were few and often far away. In some situations, even Scots-Irish were unwelcome in protestant churches. Often Scots-Irish would arrive at a church service half in the bag. We might consider them among the first Americans to "drink and drive." Many Scots-Irish wanted to dance, socialize, drink, and tell stories... during church, much like it is today in Irmo or Macbee. :wink2: Church was then, as it often is today, a social event, but even more so.

A Roman Catholic head count of records of former residents of South Carolina would be inaccurate. There were more than we know.

Its already been established Cohen is a liar. Why anyone would trust him when he has something to gain by lying is beyond me.

Well, when it comes to the salacious junk , I don't care what he says, He can't influence my opinion of Trump, since my opinion of trump is already formed and is highly negative.

When it comes to items that are against the law, and can be prosecuted, then his statements would be a good jumping off point for investigations. It would have to be independently verified in that case,.

I think it originates from the way in which certain persons define Christianity. I once worked with a fellow who belonged to one of those fundagelical churches who quite openly said on more than occasion that Catholics weren't Christians. I suppose it's one reason there are 30,000+ sects which label themselves "Christian". The range of contradictory beliefs means that some Americans who view Trump as being supportive of their beliefs can claim he's a real Christian, while other churches are asking, "Why are you supporting him? He's no Christian."

LCMS, born, raised, confirmed religion. Very strict Lutheran.
Catholics were seen as the antichrist religion.
As well as every other in existence.

You clearly stated more Christians would vote Dem if they were pro abortion.

tRUMP his whole life has been the antithesis of what a Christian life would be like. To support someone like that is 100% hypocritical. Unless they really don't value there supposed Christian way of life.

Politics over religion. Most true Christians will put religion above all things in life. At least that is what I was taught as a Christian. God, family, and others.

I think the issue is the opinion that the Dems won't support the Christians "way of life."

I think the issue is the opinion that the Dems won't support the Christians "way of life."

Again, I know many Christians that vote Dem.

45% of Catholics and 39% of “Protestant/Other-denomination” Christians voted Democrat in the 2016 Presidential Elections, according to Pew. In other words, Christians have the power to swing the 2020 election—and a responsibility to exercise this power in a way that upholds Biblical values and religious freedom.
Why Do So Many Christians Vote Democrat?

What is the Christian "way of life"? From the little reading that I do, it seems there are multiple understandings of just what the phrase entails.

The way of whoever is casting the ballot, I would think.

Again, I know many Christians that vote Dem.

45% of Catholics and 39% of “Protestant/Other-denomination” Christians voted Democrat in the 2016 Presidential Elections, according to Pew. In other words, Christians have the power to swing the 2020 election—and a responsibility to exercise this power in a way that upholds Biblical values and religious freedom.
Why Do So Many Christians Vote Democrat?

And there are people in New York and Massachusetts who will vote Republican in November, and people in North Dakota who will vote Democrat.

Why are we once again focusing on allegations against Trump, when we know that an ex-President flew to Jeffrey Epstein's island 26 times, and is a child rapist? Once again we're overlooking actual crimes of the utmost severity, in order to concentrate on nonsense.

Child rapist? Did you know that posting something on the Internet is publication?

Child rapist? Did you know that posting something on the Internet is publication?

Fine. Let him sue me, and then my lawyer will painstakingly examine his 26 trips on Epstein's plane. I'm fine with that. He'd have to show his face in public for that to occur however.

This may get interesting....

giphy.gif

'From golden showers in a sex club to tax fraud': Michael Cohen releases explosive foreword to Trump book | The Independent

I guess Trump is into this kind of thing. Or he might not be. Or he might be into it a lot. Maybe Epstein helped hook him up with underage girls peeing on him? Perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom