• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

From a Dying Senior Citizen

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
via email | April 3, 2013 | Bill Schoonover

April 3, 2013 Senator Patty Murray Senator Maria Cantwell Washington , DC , 20510

Dear Senator:

I have tried to live by the rules my entire life. My father was a Command Sergeant Major, U.S. Army, who died of combat related stresses shortly after his retirement. It was he who instilled in me those virtues he felt important - honesty, duty, patriotism and obeying the laws of God and of our various governments. I have served my country, paid my taxes, worked hard, volunteered and donated my fair share of money, time and artifacts.

Today, as I approach my 79th birthday, I am heart-broken when I look at my country and my government. I shall only point out a very few things abysmally wrong which you can multiply by a thousand fold. I have calculated that all the money I have paid in income taxes my entire life cannot even keep the Senate barbershop open for one year! Only Heaven and a few tight-lipped actuarial types know what the Senate dining room costs the taxpayers. So please, enjoy your haircuts and meals on us.

Last year, the president spent an estimated 1.4 billion on himself and his family. The vice president spends millions on hotels. They have had 8 vacations so far this year! And our House of Representatives and Senate have become America's answer to the Saudi royal family. You have become the "perfumed princes and princesses" of our country.

In the middle of the night, you voted in the Affordable Health Care Act, a.k.a. "Obamacare," a bill which no more than a handful of senators or representatives read more than several paragraphs, crammed it down our throats, and then promptly exempted yourselves from it substituting your own taxpayer-subsidized golden health care insurance.

You live exceedingly well, eat and drink as well as the "one percenters," consistently vote yourselves perks and pay raises while making 3.5 times the average U.S. individual income, and give up nothing while you (as well as the president and veep) ask us to sacrifice due to sequestration (for which, of course, you plan to blame the Republicans, anyway).

You understand very well the only two rules you need to know - (1) How to get elected, and (2) How to get re-elected. And you do this with the aid of an eagerly willing and partisan press, speeches permeated with a certain economy of truth, and by buying the votes of the greedy, the ill-informed and under-educated citizens (and non-citizens, too, many of whom do vote ) who are looking for a handout rather than a job. Your so-called "safety net" has become a hammock for the lazy. And, what is it now, about 49 or 50 million on food stamps - pretty much all Democrat voters - and the program is absolutely rife with fraud with absolutely no congressional oversight?

I would offer that you are not entirely to blame. What changed you is the seductive environment of power in which you have immersed yourselves. It is the nature of both houses of Congress which requires you to subordinate your virtue in order to get anything done until you have achieved a leadership role. To paraphrase President Reagan, it appears that the second oldest profession (politics), bears a remarkably strong resemblance to the oldest.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Upon reading more of this letter to Senator Murray the thrust of the message is that absolute power corrupts absolutely. We have certainly seen that with the Progressives within the Democratic Party. Have the leaders within the Party subjugated and brow beat others within the Party totally? Are there still people within the Party that believe in our Constitution, or have they given their souls to mammon?

Do you know what would solve this problem? Universal healthcare.

If he is a "senior citizen" he is on the same Medicare plan that I'm on. The USG gets $103. Aetna gets $69. My copays are $20/$50. So I probably spend $300 a month on healthcare which is a pretty good deal for a 70 year old. The letter is just whining because them folks in Washington are richer than we are. Yes, they are. Maybe I should have gone into politics instead of business.

Sure, maybe (could hurt worse too) but Obamacare aint that. Btw, how's it working out for you there in Canada now that your population is growing? Is your dental covered yet?

Sure, maybe (could hurt worse too) but Obamacare aint that. Btw, how's it working out for you there in Canada now that your population is growing? Is your dental covered yet?

Still going good since our immigrants pay fairly large amounts of income and other taxes. It is also one of the few things the provinces work together on. No we do not have dental yet neither do most countries to my knowledge I assume because anything dental could be seen as elective and non-essential. It can reduce your bureaucracy so I see it as a good thing.

Still going good since our immigrants pay fairly large amounts of income and other taxes. It is also one of the few things the provinces work together on. No we do not have dental yet neither do most countries to my knowledge I assume because anything dental could be seen as elective and non-essential. It can reduce your bureaucracy so I see it as a good thing.

To be honest, I'm not arguing against your healthcare system. But it's not fully the godsend it's worshippers here in the states claim it to be. Dental isn't included because it would break the system, even if you restricted it to non-elective procedures. And in what bizzarro universe did adopting UHC reduce your government bureaucracy?

Really? Universal healthcare stops people from dying? So why are so many Germans, Danes and Swedes dying each year?

April 3, 2013 Senator Patty Murray Senator Maria Cantwell Washington , DC , 20510

Dear Senator:

I have tried to live by the rules my entire life. My father was a Command Sergeant Major, U.S. Army, who died of combat related stresses shortly after his retirement. It was he who instilled in me those virtues he felt important - honesty, duty, patriotism and obeying the laws of God and of our various governments. I have served my country, paid my taxes, worked hard, volunteered and donated my fair share of money, time and artifacts.

Today, as I approach my 79th birthday, I am heart-broken when I look at my country and my government. I shall only point out a very few things abysmally wrong which you can multiply by a thousand fold. I have calculated that all the money I have paid in income taxes my entire life cannot even keep the Senate barbershop open for one year! Only Heaven and a few tight-lipped actuarial types know what the Senate dining room costs the taxpayers. So please, enjoy your haircuts and meals on us.

Last year, the president spent an estimated 1.4 billion on himself and his family. The vice president spends millions on hotels. They have had 8 vacations so far this year! And our House of Representatives and Senate have become America's answer to the Saudi royal family. You have become the "perfumed princes and princesses" of our country.

In the middle of the night, you voted in the Affordable Health Care Act, a.k.a. "Obamacare," a bill which no more than a handful of senators or representatives read more than several paragraphs, crammed it down our throats, and then promptly exempted yourselves from it substituting your own taxpayer-subsidized golden health care insurance.

You live exceedingly well, eat and drink as well as the "one percenters," consistently vote yourselves perks and pay raises while making 3.5 times the average U.S. individual income, and give up nothing while you (as well as the president and veep) ask us to sacrifice due to sequestration (for which, of course, you plan to blame the Republicans, anyway).

You understand very well the only two rules you need to know - (1) How to get elected, and (2) How to get re-elected. And you do this with the aid of an eagerly willing and partisan press, speeches permeated with a certain economy of truth, and by buying the votes of the greedy, the ill-informed and under-educated citizens (and non-citizens, too, many of whom do vote ) who are looking for a handout rather than a job. Your so-called "safety net" has become a hammock for the lazy. And, what is it now, about 49 or 50 million on food stamps - pretty much all Democrat voters - and the program is absolutely rife with fraud with absolutely no congressional oversight?

I would offer that you are not entirely to blame. What changed you is the seductive environment of power in which you have immersed yourselves. It is the nature of both houses of Congress which requires you to subordinate your virtue in order to get anything done until you have achieved a leadership role. To paraphrase President Reagan, it appears that the second oldest profession (politics), bears a remarkably strong resemblance to the oldest.

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Upon reading more of this letter to Senator Murray the thrust of the message is that absolute power corrupts absolutely. We have certainly seen that with the Progressives within the Democratic Party. Have the leaders within the Party subjugated and brow beat others within the Party totally? Are there still people within the Party that believe in our Constitution, or have they given their souls to mammon?

How do we know he's dying? My grandmother is 10 years older than him, and she ain't dying anytime soon!

Frankly, if you think most of his criticisms can only be directed at Democrats, you are part of the problem.

Dear Senator:

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Congress isn't exempt from Obamacare. Jesus, Mary & Joseph.

Yes, but usually the term "dying" refers to someone who's death is imminent.

Someone with ALS is dying even if it takes 5-10 years to kill them. It's all relative.

Okay, so you have national health care, great comedians, some rock and roll legends, and sell a couple of decent brands of beer. But you've still never built a decent baseball stadium.

Just trying to lighten the mood. At least make the Rogers Centre turf LOOK like real grass.

To give a fuller response - no, dental care is not covered, except for refugees before their status in the country is determined and for those on welfare. Many medical services/devices, etc. that you may have health insurance coverage for in the US are not part of the universal healthcare program in Canada, including the big one, drugs, unless you're a child or a senior.

As the population ages, more and more services are delisted from the government paid programs. In Ontario, where I live, just under 50% of ever dollar of revenue the province gets goes to the provision of health care services. This is why here in Ontario, in addition to taxes that are supposed to cover all healthcare costs, people are paying a tax "premium" upwards of $900 to supplement the costs the province incurs.

Don't let anyone tell you that our healthcare system is all roses and doesn't have significant problems. That said, there's not a Canadian I know who'd give up the peace of mind we have that if we get seriously ill or hurt we can receive the care we need without significant personal expense. That's not totally true in all cases, but in 99% of the cases it is.

Most people on Fox are boobs, and most of them lie.

If that is so why are their ratings so good?:confused: Maybe you think their lies because your a Liberal and don't agree with them.......

Okay, so you have national health care, great comedians, some rock and roll legends, and sell a couple of decent brands of beer. But you've still never built a decent baseball stadium.

Just trying to lighten the mood. At least make the Rogers Centre turf LOOK like real grass.

Baseball isn't a real sport try hockey.

To be honest, I'm not arguing against your healthcare system. But it's not fully the godsend it's worshippers here in the states claim it to be. Dental isn't included because it would break the system, even if you restricted it to non-elective procedures. And in what bizzarro universe did adopting UHC reduce your government bureaucracy?

Well there is virtually no paperwork thus less bureaucracy that way and also it eliminates having federal healthcare like American Medicare (Medicaid, whatever) and various state schemes and now Obamacare. Not to mention it eliminates the transfer of documents between private institutions (hospitals, insurance companies, etc.).

train-wreck.jpg

Except for those train wreck glitches.

Back
Top Bottom