• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Friends To The End: The Countries That Support Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine

Liberal7360

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Here is a list of some of the countries that support the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

China
North Korea
Belarus
Syria
Venezuela
The Houthis

Let's not forget trump, his followers, Fox News, and some republican politicians.

Interesting list of supporters of russia invading a nation that didn't do anything to russia.

Here is a list of some of the countries that support the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

China
North Korea
Belarus
Syria
Venezuela
The Houthis

Now we have a specific list of countries that cannot be allowed to continue if we want humanity to move forward

I can’t help but laugh as individuals try to paint the GOP as supporting this invasion.
I guess we can chalk your post up to, ‘who are you going to believe, me or your own ears?’
The head of the Republican Party, Trump, clearly is siding with Russia. He said so himself. Mike Pompeo, was also fawning over Putin. Tucker Carlson is siding with Russia.

Let's not forget trump, his followers, Fox News, and some republican politicians.
When I watch the news for a few minutes, I watch ONLY Fox.

Its hosts (and hostesses) and invited talking heads do NOT support the invasion by that deranged Russian.

They are outraged.

I have no idea why The Donald (for whom I voted twice and would do so again) called that deranged Russian a "genius." Like many other people, I do not pay any attention to The Donald's loose mouth. He is irrepressible.

I can’t help but laugh as individuals try to paint the GOP as supporting this invasion.
Unfortunately, there are far too many on the right that have not been sufficiently outspoken about it beginning with the former POTUS. This is one of those things where you are either against it (making your voice heard) or for it (sitting in silence).

...and, since far too many Republicans refuse to contradict Trump, its safe to say their silence here speaks volumes.

This is a good Times article, though, that generally supports your statement. https://www.latimes.com/politics/ne...mp-and-the-politics-of-war-essential-politics

Last edited:
From what I've read, China said that Putin should seek a truce and has expressed support for autonomous nations "including Ukraine".

I think China comes off the list.

Here's China's reaction so far:

As images of Russian troops storming into Ukraine flashed on screens around the world, several senior Chinese foreign policy experts sent a flurry of text messages to friends and colleagues in the US: “Is this fake news?”​
In a briefing with reporters in Beijing hours later, Hua Chunying, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson, repeated Russian defence ministry statements that Ukrainian cities would not be targeted and questioned whether the Russian invasion should be called “an invasion”.​
China’s refusal to acknowledge the all-out military assault that has included attacks on multiple cities, including the capital Kyiv, much less join in international condemnation of it, reflects the strength of Chinese president Xi Jinping’s relationship with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, experts said.​

China
North Korea
Belarus
Syria
Venezuela
The Houthis

Interesting list of supporters of russia invading a nation that didn't do anything to russia.

Democrat policies have made Putin rich by making oil prices high.

America easily has the ability lower oil & natural gas prices through its own domestic production, displacing Russian supplies in the marketplace.

Democrats won't do that, and instead want to create conditions conducive to war.

Its hosts (and hostesses) and invited talking heads do NOT support the invasion by that deranged Russian.
They are outraged.
Some Republicans back Ukraine, some back Trump's pal, Putin.

They seem to follow the same split as the one you see on Fox.

Fox has a news section that has slowly degraded as they slipped farther and farther into far-right white grievance hysteria, losing their best people along the way (looking at you, Mike Wallace).

Fox also has a prime-time entertainment section of Hannity, Tucker "Lord Haw-Haw" Carlson, Laura Ingraham and so on. They are all purely entertainment and say anything to get a response from their viewers, regardless of its veracity.

With regard to Ukraine, the news section seems to be aligning themselves with democracy for a change. Some Republican politicians are following that lead.
The entertainment section has been all-in for Putin, but that may become a political liability and so they'll flip-flop as that becomes more apparent. We see the Republican politicians doing the same.
Example: Six days ago JD Vance said, "I gotta be honest with you, I don't really care what happens to Ukraine one way or another." By Thursday he'd done a 180, more or less.

Republicans used to be super-patriots and haters of the USSR and then Russia and were always quick to question the patriotism of Democrats. Trump turned the posturing over patriotism around with his adoration of Putin and all other dictators. Remember this?

Trump made the remark during an interview with Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly, saying he respected his Russian counterpart.
“But he’s a killer,” O’Reilly said to Trump.
“There are a lot of killers. You think our country’s so innocent?” Trump replied.

Last edited:
Trumpists do. trump is openly admiring of it, and like it or not, to a large extent he is the fact of the modern GOP

It's in China's best interest to support Russia since both Russia and China understand US Geo-Political Strategy.

Once the US gains control of Iran, it will have unfettered air, rail and highway access from the Persian Gulf/Arabian Sea/Indian Ocean Region to push its hegemony on the 5 Central Asian States.

Once the US gains control of the 5 Central Asian States, it will be in a position to funnel money to "pro-Democracy" groups (snicker) and smuggle weapons, ammo, equipment and supplies from Central Asia into the eastern Russian republics to foment revolution a la "Arab Spring."

As you probably guessed, any State that has rebels backed by foreign powers is going to move to crush the rebellion.

So, yeah, Russia will move to crush the rebels.

And, then, the US and Britain will set up a No-Fly Zone to protect the rebels, and it will be enforced by US/British/NATO aircraft operating out of bases in Ukraine.

Get it?

Democrat policies have made Putin rich by making oil prices high.

America easily has the ability lower oil & natural gas prices through its own domestic production, displacing Russian supplies in the marketplace.

No, you cannot, but keep dreaming. Maybe rainbows and unicorns will make it happen.

On the other hand, Putin can withhold oil from the global market driving oil prices even higher without impacting Russia or its allies.

Good luck with that.

Russia is literally translating and running portions of Tucker "Lord Haw-Haw" Carlson's show on their state TV. Maybe you think Carlson's audience are mostly Democrats?

They are outraged.

I have no idea why The Donald (for whom I voted twice and would do so again) called that deranged Russian a "genius." Like many other people, I do not pay any attention to The Donald's loose mouth. He is irrepressible.

Sweet mother of jesus, where do these people come from???

Uh, dude, some would say that YOU are irresponsible too...

China
North Korea
Belarus
Syria
Venezuela
The Houthis

Russia invades Ukraine. People are getting killed. People's homes are being destroyed. There is a whole nation fighting for their survival and your focus is "Trump sucks. Trump's supporters suck and the Republicans suck".

More power to you, Little Buckaroo. I hope your day is just a little bit brighter for having let those feelings out of your system.

Here's China's reaction so far:

As images of Russian troops storming into Ukraine flashed on screens around the world, several senior Chinese foreign policy experts sent a flurry of text messages to friends and colleagues in the US: “Is this fake news?”​
In a briefing with reporters in Beijing hours later, Hua Chunying, a Chinese foreign ministry spokesperson, repeated Russian defence ministry statements that Ukrainian cities would not be targeted and questioned whether the Russian invasion should be called “an invasion”.​
China’s refusal to acknowledge the all-out military assault that has included attacks on multiple cities, including the capital Kyiv, much less join in international condemnation of it, reflects the strength of Chinese president Xi Jinping’s relationship with Russian leader Vladimir Putin, experts said.​

Yeah, I think chinese rain man jinping actually blamed the U.S. for the invasion.

What a pathetic, pootin-licking asshole...

China
North Korea
Belarus
Syria
Venezuela
The Houthis

Have to admit that I am shocked to read that Iran called for restraint. Wow

Of course you know why he called Putin a genius. You just will not say it out loud because, let’s face it, “I don’t know why he said that but I’m going to support him” is much less work and requires little introspection.

Many in the GOP are supportive of Putin. That much is crystal clear.

They're even featured on Russian state television.

Back
Top Bottom