• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Friends of good wines - as opposed to wine snobs - what is the difference?

Rumpel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
For me I can say: I prefer wine - but I also drink beer.

And: A am a friend of good wines, but I am not a wine snob.

About the difference between a friend of good wines and a wine snob we can talk later here perhaps. :)

IMHO, here's the difference:

Good wines.

For one party, it's all about the wine, for the other, it's only about them.

For me I can say: I prefer wine - but I also drink beer.

And: A am a friend of good wines, but I am not a wine snob.

About the difference between a friend of good wines and a wine snob we can talk later here perhaps. :)
The difference between a wine snob and friends of good wine is if the wines are affordable to the person being spoken to.
I find this in all aspects of life. People who can't afford better things typically interpet everyone who has what they can't as a snob or arrogant.

The difference between a wine snob and friends of good wine is if the wines are affordable to the person being spoken to.
I find this in all aspects of life. People who can't afford better things typically interpet everyone who has what they can't as a snob or arrogant.
Not true.
Expensive wines may be good wines - but not always so.

Wine snobs like to deliver hard verdicts about grape varieties and declare this grape or that grape as "un-drinkable".
They generalize their own impression.

Now the Beaujolais Nouveau is a good example.
Friends of good wines will be interested in it.

Wine Snobs will bleet like sheep again and again this stupid line:
"Beaujolais Nouveau is an over-priced plonk, and the French do not touch it!"

Thereby saying THREE stupid and un-true things in one line.

Someone once said that the reason for learning wine is to be able to drink what you like without paying a premium.

Anyone can buy a good wine for $300/bottle. The trick is to find a wine you like as much for $35.

It may be possible to find a drinkable wine for less than $35 but I doubt you would find one you like as much as the $300 wine for that price.

I doubt you would find one you like as much as the $300 wine for that price.
I very much doubt that I would like ANY wine for the perverse price of 300 US-Dollars.
And I am sure that I would never ever buy such a perverse-ly over-priced wine.

Back
Top Bottom