• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Friday 13th travellers take chance on flight 666 to HEL

MaggieD

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm not superstitious, but even so . . . I think I'd walk:

[h=1]Friday 13th travellers take chance on flight 666 to HEL[/h]
Would you board flight 666 to HEL on Friday the 13th? For superstitious travellers, that might be tempting fate. But Finnair passengers on AY666 to Helsinki apparently were not too bothered. Friday's flight was almost full.
"It has been quite a joke among the pilots," said Juha-Pekka Keidasto, who will fly the Airbus A320 from Copenhagen to Helsinki. "I'm not a superstitious man. It's only a coincidence for me."
The daily flight AY666 from Copenhagen to Helsinki falls on Friday the 13th twice in 2013. Friday the 13th is considered bad luck in many countries and the number 666 also has strong negative biblical associations.

Row 13 anyone?

Row 13 anyone?[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

Only if I can have a window seat, I want to the see the gremlin on the wing.

Last edited:

About 20 years ago there was a US Air flight out of LAGuardia (in NYC) that had some kind of incident that required the captain to abort the takeoff. Unfortunately the runway was slick with rain and the plane ran off the end of the runway and into Bowery Bay. That airplane's flight number was "5050".

Only if I can have my umbrella open, with a cracked tv screen watching Friday the 13th, have a ladder in the overhead locker and have my salt knocked over on the tray. ;)

Only if I can have my umbrella open, with a cracked tv screen watching Friday the 13th, have a ladder in the overhead locker and have my salt knocked over on the tray. ;)

No Black Cat firecrackers on your flight?

I'll take seat one in row 13, my wife seat 3, we need the seat two space I'm sorry to say.

As long as I have my lucky rabbit's foot, I'm protected.

Just think how lucky it was for the rabbit.

I was fine with the flight until I saw it was an Airbus A320...

I'm amazed that Iron Maiden wasn't all over this. They have a song about 666, they have an airplane that their singer flies and released a DVD called Flight 666, and they play Helsinki a lot. This whole situation just screams Maiden...

My boss got his holiday £300 cheaper flying today...so it's lucky for some!!

I'm amazed that Iron Maiden wasn't all over this. They have a song about 666, they have an airplane that their singer flies and released a DVD called Flight 666, and they play Helsinki a lot. This whole situation just screams Maiden...

Watching the movie of their world tour, Bruce Dickinson flew the plane, he's sat in the Captain's chair in uniform, with the world scrolling past the window behind him. He's talking to camera, then glances at the controls for a second. Turning back, he points to the panel. "Look! The speed of the Beast!" Sure enough, the airspeed insicator shows 666! Lol

Back
Top Bottom