• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

French Senate Votes to Ban Child Beauty Pageants.....

Heya RM :2wave: I for one can say I am glad I didn't have any daughters. (course in the regard of mans nature :lol: ) Although My ex did. I never could go for little girls running around with make up and lipstick on and thinking it was appropriate for them to go out looking like that. Playing dress up and all that around the house and with her friends was one thing. But to try and talk about going out and hanging out. It wasn't happening in my world. Despite her not being my kid.

Course we divorced before when her daughter was 13.....no sooner had things ended. She was out running around with the makeup on. Hair Extensions and the whole bit.

I tried to tell a couple of times before thing went chaotic with her mother. But Then again.....I wasn't her Real Father.

I'm giving you a like for the sharing. I'm sorry for the situation between the girl and her mother :(

My picture perfect family is that I have at least 2 kids, 1 boy, 1 girl. But I do have 2 kids of only one gender, well, aim for lucky number 3. :) I do want to experience being a father of boys and girls.
Then again, my mother always says that she wanted to 2 girls but she ended up with just 2boys and she's happier for it :D

Where do we draw the line? Child acting? Child Singers? There's lots of exploitation of children by their parents for these as well, including sexualization at young ages.

That's a good question Ikari.....how do we go about here in the US. As you point out.....not to mention how many of those talents crossover into one another. Look at some of the actresses we have. Then those like Lindsey Lohan, Brittney Spears and her Lil sister. Money making industries.

Talents that are treated as a business. Practice, pictures and late nights. All to get themselves out there. In the Lime Light.
toothy1.gif

I don't agree with a complete ban, but I do agree with placing restrictions on these pageants. Age-appropriate attire, no make-up, no swimsuits, no high heels and no overtly sexy dance routines. A complete ban is just the lazy way out.

Where do we draw the line? Child acting? Child Singers? There's lots of exploitation of children by their parents for these as well, including sexualization at young ages.

My previous comments go to this too. When it comes to children, the knee jerk libertarian cry of "slippery slope!" falls on my unheeding ears. There is no constitutional right to have beauty pageants. If local, state or federal authorities determine that too many children are being harmed by these activities, then by all means ban them, or at least place restrictions on them.

That's a good question Ikari.....how do we go about here in the US. As you point out.....not to mention how many of those talents crossover into one another. Look at some of the actresses we have. Then those like Lindsey Lohan, Brittney Spears and her Lil sister. Money making industries.

Talents that are treated as a business. Practice, pictures and late nights. All to get themselves out there. In the Lime Light.
toothy1.gif

I don't know if there really is a government supported solution, particularly if you're going to go after music and movies/TV. They've long used little kids to peddle their wears and make creepy old men rich. Though you could just extend child labor laws to cover these things too...which maybe it should have anyway.

I don't know if there really is a government supported solution, particularly if you're going to go after music and movies/TV. They've long used little kids to peddle their wears and make creepy old men rich. Though you could just extend child labor laws to cover these things too...which maybe it should have anyway.

Yeah.....I was just going to look into some child labor laws. Bit then they might go by states.

Back
Top Bottom