• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

French police responding to 'terrorist attack' in Nice, local mayor says

Metric Mouse

Your hi-top sneakers and your sailor tattoos.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
French police responding to 'terrorist attack' in Nice, local mayor says

Mayor Christian Estrosi said the attacker has been taken into custody.
"I am on the scene with the police who arrested the attacker. Everything points to a terrorist attack," Estrosi said on Twitter Thursday morning.

France's Interior Minister Gérald Darmanin said he was chairing a crisis meeting at the ministry in response to the attack.

There is no official information yet on the condition of victims.

Awful. Not the first time Nice has been the scene of a terror attack. Unimaginable.

Terrible news, thoughts are with the families and friends of those lost, and way too early for the comments I really want to say but will reserve for now.

Initial reports said one person beheaded, but apparently two were and inside the church. Horrific.

An elderly woman was beheaded, and 2 others were also stabbed to death -- happened at the Church of Notre Dame.

Isn't Islam great?

Did someone tell France "I told you so?"
Over indoctrination into any religion can be bad, it just happens that the last bastions of Theocracy happen to be in the Middle East and tend to be Islamic. Christianity had it's problems too, but Western culture moved towards a secular system and we were able to bring down much of the religious violence.

However, is it a problem fundamentally with Islam? I don't think so, because we have many Muslims and the vast majority aren't running around beheading people. The problem isn't so much the Religion, but the the People who wield it.

Over indoctrination into any religion can be bad, it just happens that the last bastions of Theocracy happen to be in the Middle East and tend to be Islamic. Christianity had it's problems too, but Western culture moved towards a secular system and we were able to bring down much of the religious violence.

However, is it a problem fundamentally with Islam? I don't think so, because we have many Muslims and the vast majority aren't running around beheading people. The problem isn't so much the Religion, but the the People who wield it.

The majority of Muslims are not terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are Muslims

So that should tell you the problem is with Islam

The majority of Muslims are not terrorists, but the majority of terrorists are Muslims

So that should tell you the problem is with Islam
Maybe, I don't know, the IRA had a good run there.

But as I said, the last bastions of Theocracy tends to be countries in the Middle East that are Theocratically Islamic. Theocracies make crazies. Happened to Christians too back when Christian Theocracies were more common place. It's one of the reasons we gave them up. It was better for both Church and State to have a secular government.

How to subvert:
-Christian bad too
-Christian did bad things, but secular humanism good and changed bad Christian
-most Muslims good

This is why Quilette told white atheist liberals to stfu, and that's moderate Muslims saying what I've been saying for years.

As always with the tactics of terrorism, an appalling and purposefully horrific crime designed to intimidate. Support the grieving families, mourn the dead and never give in to such ghoulish and deranged provocation. Stand firm France and resist the barbarism such maniacs have brought to your domestic tranquility. They will not stop so France and its peoples must endure.

Condolences to the families and friends of the dead and to a traumatised city and nation. Be strong and be resolved in your purpose. Do not let the monstrosity of terrorists infect your own institutions and military. Be better than those who harm you and trust in the Rule of Law rather than angry state retribution. Punish the guilty and spare those who you might associate with the guilty. Do not bend the knee to terror nor kiss the ring of blind retribution.

Fare well and heal.
Evilroddy.

How to subvert:
-Christian bad too
-Christian did bad things, but secular humanism good and changed bad Christian
-most Muslims good

This is why Quilette told white atheist liberals to stfu, and that's moderate Muslims saying what I've been saying for years.
I didn't say Christians were bad, I said that Christianity engaged in similar things back when we had Christian Theocracies.

That's just a fact. Try not to lie so much when making an argument, it really hurts the credibility and effectiveness of your argument.

Anyone surprised?
I was actually surprised when I heard that Muslim terrorists were beheading old women in the single most iconic symbol of Christianity in France. But it makes sense considering France's worst days are ahead, as they decide to either be killed or convert. There's nothing Christian about letting people who want to kill you into your lands, no matter what bible quotes liberals love to use out of context.

I was actually surprised when I heard that Muslim terrorists were beheading old women in the single most iconic symbol of Christianity in France. But it makes sense considering France's worst days are ahead, as they decide to either be killed or convert. There's nothing Christian about letting people who want to kill you into your lands, no matter what bible quotes liberals love to use out of context.

The French can only blame themselves, out of Africa!

I didn't say Christians were bad, I said that Christianity engaged in similar things back when we had Christian Theocracies.

That's just a fact. Try not to lie so much when making an argument, it really hurts the credibility and effectiveness of your argument.
Not in the comment I responded to. Read it again.

They don't have to post inflammatory images of Muhammed in France.

Not in the comment I responded to. Read it again.
I didn't say Christians were bad in that.

lol

Maybe you should read it again, you seem to be the one confused over the context.

The French can only blame themselves, out of Africa!
Theres no peace in the Middle Nice. Macron is an empty suit. My pick for President of France was Marine Le Pen, but she wasn't the golden child of the globalist Rothschild cartel, so she had no chance. Hey look, I was right again.

I didn't say Christians were bad in that.

lol

Maybe you should read it again, you seem to be the one confused over the context.
You accused me of lying, which you know didn't occur. For the second time, Quilette told white atheist liberals to stfu--something I've been saying for years. You seem to lack the basic sense to listen to sound advice.

Back
Top Bottom