• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

French and Mali armies kills 100 jihadists this month

Mohamed wanted to punish the Meccans for ignoring and mocking him
Who mocked him before revelation?
He conducted business, married, attended social gatherings, and mingled with all types of people. He did not lie even when he told jokes and never cheated in business. He had one characteristic that quickly became apparent to all those who interacted with him; honesty. He was never known to have lied and even those who rejected his message referred to him as the truthful one.[/QUOTE]
He wanted more wives,
There was no limit on the number of wives one could have before Islam.
When Allah revealed the aayah restricting the believers to a maximum of four wives, it was the norm of the times that most of the believers had more than four wives;
he wanted to have sex with captives
There were no rules regarding that before Islam. Rather, islam gave rights to captives.

He conducted business, married, attended social gatherings, and mingled with all types of people. He did not lie even when he told jokes and never cheated in business. He had one characteristic that quickly became apparent to all those who interacted with him; honesty. He was never known to have lied and even those who rejected his message referred to him as the truthful one.

There was no limit on the number of wives one could have before Islam.

There were no rules regarding that before Islam. Rather, islam gave rights to captives.
[/QUOTE]

Mohammed had to flee to Medina. there was a huge dispute about MONEY of course associated with which tribe provided which service to the Hajj after his benefactors died. (the pilgrimage predates Islam by at least two thousand years). He was a dead man if he didn't get outta dodge with his few dozen followers.

Nobody. Who said they mocked him before be started pretending to receive revelations from his pretend god?

He conducted business, married, attended social gatherings, and mingled with all types of people. He did not lie even when he told jokes and never cheated in business. He had one characteristic that quickly became apparent to all those who interacted with him; honesty. He was never known to have lied and even those who rejected his message referred to him as the truthful one.

Here are a few more things to know about Mohamed:

- He started a war with the pagans of Mecca.
- He committed genocide against the Jews of Yathrib.
- He militarily subdued the Arabian Peninsula.
- He started the process of world-wide conquest.

... islam gave rights to captives.

Thank you for my knee-slapper of the day. What rights did he give to the 600+ men and youths of the Banu Quraiza before he had their heads lopped off?

He was a dead man if he didn't get outta dodge with his few dozen followers.

We only have his word for that. He also said he received visitations from Gabriel, so he already had credibility issues.

We only have his word for that. He also said he received visitations from Gabriel, so he already had credibility issues.

The mythology is far greater than the man, but hey he got to write the script. OTOH, I can certainly see how sitting in a cave on Mt Hira eating Datura might stimulate a vision or two.

Mohammed had to flee to Medina. there was a huge dispute about MONEY of course associated with which tribe provided which service to the Hajj after his benefactors died. (the pilgrimage predates Islam by at least two thousand years). He was a dead man if he didn't get outta dodge with his few dozen followers.
Don't know what you're talking about. Most of what you say in this topic is abstruse.
Who said they mocked him
You said:
Mohamed wanted to punish the Meccans for ignoring and mocking him, so yes, he made up revelations

He committed genocide against the Jews of Yathrib.
Doesn't fit into the definition of genocide as it was a specific group from the enemies in war.

So you're pissed Muslims managed to conquer land. Maybe speak with a professional. It may ease your bitterness in time.
What rights did he give to the 600+ men and youths of the Banu Quraiza before he had their heads lopped off?
To be punished according to the law and their own scripture.

Doesn't fit into the definition of genocide as it was a specific group from the enemies in war.

The Banu Quraiza did not fight in the Battle of the Trench - on either side. After the battle they were attacked by Mohamed, they surrendered without a fight, and then they were wiped off the face of the earth, so yeah, I'm gonna stick with "genocide" - all orchestrated by that bastard you think so highly off.

[/QUOTE]

The Banu Quraiza did not fight in the Battle of the Trench - on either side. After the battle they were attacked by Mohamed, they surrendered without a fight, and then they were wiped off the face of the earth, so yeah, I'm gonna stick with "genocide" - all orchestrated by that bastard you think so highly off.

Totally fits the definition. He was a man of his times.

I don't think he was a bastard, he was an incredibly shrewd ambitious person who at best truly believed his god given hallucinations but for my money more likely he sussed out the con and rode it as far as his intellect and ego would let him.

In modern terms he changed the "platform" grabbing all the best of "the people of the book" and metaphorically creating DOS from CPM to grab the hajj biz.

the meccan verses represent another platform change after the original mission was achieved. Go forth and uncompellingly use the sword to spread the good word of Allah and his very best personal representative on earth Mo PBUH.

Just me expressing my usual cynicism of religion and its social power in all its sordid history.

Totally fits the definition. He was a man of his times.

I don't think he was a bastard, he was an incredibly shrewd ambitious person who at best truly believed his god given hallucinations but for my money more likely he sussed out the con and rode it as far as his intellect and ego would let him.

In modern terms he changed the "platform" grabbing all the best of "the people of the book" and metaphorically creating DOS from CPM to grab the hajj biz.

the meccan verses represent another platform change after the original mission was achieved. Go forth and uncompellingly use the sword to spread the good word of Allah and his very best personal representative on earth Mo PBUH.

Just me expressing my usual cynicism of religion and its social power in all its sordid history.

I suppose there's a chance he was simply delusional, but I don't think so. For my money he was a con-man from the get-go. He wanted power and women, and he got both in spades. And here we are 1400 years later dealing with the fallout because over 1 billion people have fallen for this nonsense. Un-friggin-believable.

The Banu Quraiza did not fight in the Battle of the Trench - on either side. After the battle they were attacked by Mohamed, they surrendered without a fight, and then they were wiped off the face of the earth
Ka‘b ibn Asad al-Qurazi, who made a treaty with the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) on behalf of banu quraiza, broke the treaty and made alliance with the polytheists who were attacking. The Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) sent men to them to try and renew it, but they refused.

Ka‘b ibn Asad al-Qurazi, who made a treaty with the Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) on behalf of banu quraiza, broke the treaty and made alliance with the polytheists who were attacking. The Prophet (Sallallahu alaihi wa sallam) sent men to them to try and renew it, but they refused.

So, how's that Kool-Aid tasting? If they made an alliance, then why didn't they join in the fight?????

Getting rid of some cockroaches.
The jihadis took the wrong track, they were supposed to come as refugees then rent a truck in Nice.

Mohamed was always "getting word" about one conspiracy or another against him, and then sending troops to attack the conspirators preemptively. How very convenient.

I suppose there's a chance he was simply delusional, but I don't think so. For my money he was a con-man from the get-go. He wanted power and women, and he got both in spades. And here we are 1400 years later dealing with the fallout because over 1 billion people have fallen for this nonsense. Un-friggin-believable.

Well in all fairness we can apply the same criteria to Christianity, Hinduism, Judaism, etc, hell even Buddhism, and I think we'd argue to the same un friggin believable conclusion.

chacun son gout, but don't try to lay it on anyone else. Life would be some much less complex, no?

Fact is he's the dude that wiped out his enemy preemptively grabbing their entire wealth including enough female and child slaves to go around.

history is written by victors. especially the guys following the prophet around and all the ones that came way later. How many fake hadiths are there?

Mohamed was always "getting word" about one conspiracy or another against him, and then sending troops to attack the conspirators preemptively. How very convenient.

Sounds like every strongman in history, but of course he was different being selected by god and all. Coincidental convenience? Methinks so.

Back
Top Bottom