• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

French #1 Wimbledon Champion Bartoli calls it a career

TurtleDude

warrior of the wetlands
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
I watched her play tonight in mason. She won the first set against a decent player-Simona Halep of Romania but then lost a close second and a really sloppy third.

a little bit later she announced her retirement.

This is sad. her win at wimbledon allowed the public to see that beneath her quirky hyperactive exterior was a very bright, very funny, and yes very cute and sweet young lady. 13 years on the tour-I guess she was just getting burned out and her two handed style requires lots of extra running and she said her body couldn't handle it anymore.

I wish her well I was hoping to see more of her and I wish I would have watched the whole match (I was going back and forth watching Nadal Destroy Benjamin Becker on the main court).

I also saw out of retirement Martina Hingis play doubles. She looked good but not good enough to take out the world #1 team of VIcci and Erani of Italy

Loved the girl and played the game as it should be played.

Around 6 or so tonight, Bartoli made a brief appearance as she walked from the players' lounge to the player transportation tent. She was getting ready to catch a flight and was nicely attired in a white skirted suit. (She's very pretty BTW). She signed a few autographs and seemed to have the slightest hint of a tear in her eyes as she walked away from the venue. I was out at my car in the reserved lot which is right next to the player transportation tent and was able to give her a wave as she left which she acknowledged and then went back to her texting. Several of the fans and officials I spoke to were happy that she sort of made a formal good bye.

Hopefully she will change her mind-she had something lots of the other top players don't-a personality

IN the local paper, she was quoted as saying that she hoped people remembered her as a honest and loyal person-and most of all a nice person.

She was very quirky but very likeable. Her style of play (two hands on both sides) was one that burned out a player sooner rather than later. Best of luck to her in whatever she decides to do.

Back
Top Bottom