• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freeway Flag - Display Of Patriotism Or Graffiti?

Is this an American Flag? It's painted.

272289212_471f6f1464.jpg

It's a representation of the flag. I'd like to see someone try to run it up flagpole. :lol:

It's a representation of the flag. I'd like to see someone try to run it up flagpole. :lol:

But an American flag, just the same. Yes? It has the same meaning; same symbolism; deserves the same amount of respect.

But an American flag, just the same. Yes? It has the same meaning; same symbolism; deserves the same amount of respect.

It is given the same reverence and respect as the flag, but it is not a flag. ;)

Therefore the same respect and reverence should have been given to the highway mural?

Alright, I'm gonna come to your house and spray paint the entire side of your house an American flag... you can't take it down cause that would be unpatriotic...

Alright, I'm gonna come to your house and spray paint the entire side of your house an American flag... you can't take it down cause that would be unpatriotic...

As long as it has 50 stars and 13 stripes and you don't do a half-assed job of it, be my guest. I think you would do better by painting on the side of my shop, there are too many trees around the house.

As long as it has 50 stars and 13 stripes and you don't do a half-assed job of it, be my guest. I think you would do better by painting on the side of my shop, there are too many trees around the house.

Damn you sir... damn you ;)

I really don't care if one way or another about this, or any other graffiti. However, I think taking it down or not should be done in accordance with public opinion, since it is public property. If the majority of the public is okay with the "graffiti", as long as it isn't lewd or obscene (and even if it is, but the vast majority of the public wants it), then it should stay. I think a good way to handle a situation like this is to let the public (in the area) vote on whether to take it down or not, if it is not actually causing a public disturbance. In this case, it most likely wasn't since it was up for 8 years.

It's amazing how Leftists will defend the removal of anything that could be remotely patriotic.

Bet ya'll would be singing a different tune if it were a star and cresent, or celebrated Nelson Mandela, or some other communist asshole.

Bet you'd be trying to birth a calf through your anus if it had been something Islamic or anti big oil.

meh, all or nothing policy. If its considered to be graffiti by the city, it should be treated like graffiti.

Back
Top Bottom