• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freedom convoy

Have you ever been so overcome by baseless fears that you start to believe batshit crazy rumors?

But as its Covid mission has become less clear, the group’s channels have turned to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, where conspiracy-minded thinking has flourished. While some group members have admonished Russian President Vladimir Putin for the invasion, QAnon and anti-vaccine contingents within the groups have seized on a false conspiracy theory that the war is a cover for a military operation backed by former President Donald Trump in Ukraine.

I have sympathy for the anti-science clowns in one way. They are ignorant, misled, deluded. But I don't like to see an American feeling they are under tyranny, that their idea of their liberty is threatened, even when it's delusional. So I see the issue as needing to inform them rather than to make them feel they don't matter as Americans. Unfortunately, that is not easy, and it is important for the rest of the country to recognize they are anti-science clowns.

The use of these people as tools for Republican politics for power to screw the American people is sad. Look at all the flags they use: they are upset. And that is too bad. Just as it is that 2/3 of Republicans have been convinced that the president has stolen the election. They're wrong, but it's very sad for an American to feel that's the case. These people are victims of liars. It's better if we can help them but we need to outvote them.

I have sympathy for the anti-science clowns in one way. They are ignorant, misled, deluded. But I don't like to see an American feeling they are under tyranny, that their idea of their liberty is threatened, even when it's delusional. So I see the issue as needing to inform them rather than to make them feel they don't matter as Americans. Unfortunately, that is not easy, and it is important for the rest of the country to recognize they are anti-science clowns.

The use of these people as tools for Republican politics for power to screw the American people is sad. Look at all the flags they use: they are upset. And that is too bad. Just as it is that 2/3 of Republicans have been convinced that the president has stolen the election. They're wrong, but it's very sad for an American to feel that's the case. These people are victims of liars. It's better if we can help them but we need to outvote them.
You can lead a conspiracy theorist to school but medical science isn't advanced enough to give him a brain transplant.

Have you ever been so overcome by baseless fears that you start to believe batshit crazy rumors?

But as its Covid mission has become less clear, the group’s channels have turned to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, where conspiracy-minded thinking has flourished. While some group members have admonished Russian President Vladimir Putin for the invasion, QAnon and anti-vaccine contingents within the groups have seized on a false conspiracy theory that the war is a cover for a military operation backed by former President Donald Trump in Ukraine.

The worst part is they desecrate are flag with their un-American activities.

IMO they are delusional to the point of being a danger:

The conspiracy theory, which is baseless and has roots in QAnon mythology, alleges that Trump and Putin are secretly working together to stop bioweapons from being made by Dr. Anthony Fauci in Ukraine and that shelling in Ukraine has targeted the secret laboratories.

They are some sick puppies!

The use of these people as tools fools for Republican politics for power to screw the American people is sad. Look at all the flags they use: they are upset. And that is too bad. Just as it is that 2/3 of Republicans have been convinced that the president has stolen the election. They're wrong, but it's very sad for an American to feel that's the case. These people are victims of liars. It's better if we can help them but we need to outvote them.

FTFY

Agreed. I'd much rather watch a singing frog.

I think you have it backwards, kinda. It seems a requirement for this group is that one already be angry, or at least play angry. In this case, in my opinion, it's not that the idle mind is bored; it's that the idle mind is stuck in neutral. The idling mind. Must be all the diesel fumes, from the idling trucks.

Last edited:
Do you want to criticize the corrupt puppetmasters, or the American victims they manipulate, and by implication suggest Americans shouldn't have rights, as idiots? What's the right solution - attack the manipulation, or remove rights of Americans? Even if we have to defeat those Americans?

Start fining the media heavily for publishing provable harmful disinformation and see if that has any affect. Abuse of trust that could lead to civil unrest or worse should not be protected but prosecuted.

Start fining the media heavily for publishing provable harmful disinformation and see if that has any affect. Abuse of trust that could lead to civil unrest or worse should not be protected but prosecuted.
We need to remember the law of unintended consequences. We have laws on some falsehoods by media; when they're made stronger, what happens when they're in the hands of a trump? We can see the result in China, where the government jails - up to life - anyone who says anything they don't like with vague laws that mean 'anything the government wants to silence'.

Are these people protesting Trudeau's mandate still? Or some other imaginary vaccine mandate? What exactly are these people doing?

The only answer I've seen from participants is "freedom." It's almost like a religious proclamation. I don't get it. Looks like they just don't like Democrats to me. Some kind of derangement syndrome or something.

We need to remember the law of unintended consequences. We have laws on some falsehoods by media; when they're made stronger, what happens when they're in the hands of a trump? We can see the result in China, where the government jails - up to life - anyone who says anything they don't like with vague laws that mean 'anything the government wants to silence'.
That's a dictatorship doing as expected. I'm talking about a democracy where seeking to destroy formerly accepted expectations of a civilized society and public trust, mainly for financial gain, would not have been able to endure. Division forged by outright lies to the detriment of the entire nation should be stopped.

That's a dictatorship doing as expected. I'm talking about a democracy where seeking to destroy formerly accepted expectations of a civilized society and public trust, mainly for financial gain, would not have been able to endure. Division forged by outright lies to the detriment of the entire nation should be stopped.
But it's also a pathway to dictatorship here. China and Putin use the same excuses - national security, "stopping false rumors", stopping lies, and so on. For example, Russia just passes a law that anyone spreading false information about Ukraine can be sentenced to 15 years - meaning anyone who calls it an invasion or criticizes it.

Do you want to criticize the corrupt puppetmasters, or the American victims they manipulate, and by implication suggest Americans shouldn't have rights, as idiots? What's the right solution - attack the manipulation, or remove rights of Americans? Even if we have to defeat those Americans?

What are you talking about, here?

I'm observing they are being used as fools. Nothing more; nothing less.

What are you talking about, here?

I'm observing they are being used as fools. Nothing more; nothing less.
I'm referring to your criticism being limited to them without a word for those using them.

And how doing that suggests taking away power from the 'fools' - and all American citizens along with them.

Geezus! They brought that entire town to a halt! WTH?

It will be interesting to see if they have the coglioni to enter D.C. itself, and see if they dare act illegally?

But it's also a pathway to dictatorship here. China and Putin use the same excuses - national security, "stopping false rumors", stopping lies, and so on. For example, Russia just passes a law that anyone spreading false information about Ukraine can be sentenced to 15 years - meaning anyone who calls it an invasion or criticizes it.
I understand that. We need to be better than that. The fact that both sides use the Constitution ultimately against itself supports your argument, but again, we need to be better than that; there just simply cannot be two other truths that fully contradict each other about a single truth - that is what chaos looks like.

I'm referring to your criticism being limited to them without a word for those using them.

And how doing that suggests taking away power from the 'fools' - and all American citizens along with them.

You obviously read more into my post, than I put in.

I understand that. We need to be better than that. The fact that both sides use the Constitution ultimately against itself supports your argument, but again, we need to be better than that; there just simply cannot be two other truths that fully contradict each other about a single truth - that is what chaos looks like.
Of course there can, in the sense that freedom includes liars, includes people who get it wrong, and includes people advocating competing claims. What we're seeing unfortunately goes beyond that where liars have military-grade powerful systems for their lies while truthtellers have water pistols.

You obviously read more into my post, than I put in.
Well, not exactly - I didn't read into your post but I discussed things it left out.

Agreed. I'd much rather watch a singing frog.

I think you have it backwards, kinda. It seems a requirement for this group is that one already be angry, or at least play angry. In this case, in my opinion, it's not that the idle mind is bored; it's that the idle mind is stuck in neutral. The idling mind. Must be all the diesel fumes, from the idling trucks.
To be fair, given the obvious effort of the OP, I thought this was purely a meme thread.

Of course there can, in the sense that freedom includes liars, includes people who get it wrong, and includes people advocating competing claims. What we're seeing unfortunately goes beyond that where liars have military-grade powerful systems for their lies while truthtellers have water pistols.
You believe continuous lies published as fact that lead to civil unrest, violence, and tearing the country apart, for financial gain, should be allowed to continue unquestioned? Instituting the idea of freedom of speech could not possibly have imagined a country this divided on what truth is.

Back
Top Bottom