• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freedom convoy

I still see some potential in that list, especially if the claims by the Jan. 6th Committee of possible crimes committed by the Trump Administration and forwarded to the DOJ.
Where communications were elements of conspiracy, sure.

Geezus! They brought that entire town to a halt! WTH?

It will be interesting to see if they have the coglioni to enter D.C. itself, and see if they dare act illegally?

I've been trying to tell people on the various "har har har truckers convoy falls apart" threads that this was still very much alive.

Just checked a live feed and the word is they're heading into DC right now and going to circle the beltway twice, then return to Hagerstown. Supposedly will take a few hours due to the number of vehicles which includes maybe 100 trucks, plus rvs, and regular vehicles. Also, it was mentioned that they're going to be doing this daily. I suppose it will have a bigger impact traffic wise tomorrow. Granted all this information came from one live steam so how accurate it is idk.

As far as doing anything illegal, unless there's a law that forbids them driving with all the other people out there it sounds within the law. The people in Hagerstown will have to be patient I guess. 🤷‍♂️

I've been trying to tell people on the various "har har har truckers convoy falls apart" threads that this was still very much alive.

Just checked a live feed and the word is they're heading into DC right now and going to circle the beltway twice, then return to Hagerstown. Supposedly will take a few hours due to the number of vehicles which includes maybe 100 trucks, plus rvs, and regular vehicles. Also, it was mentioned that they're going to be doing this daily. I suppose it will have a bigger impact traffic wise tomorrow. Granted all this information came from one live steam so how accurate it is idk.

Well, it looks like you were right!

They'll have a tough time getting coverage though, given Putin dominating the news.

As far as doing anything illegal, unless there's a law that forbids them driving with all the other people out there it sounds within the law. The people in Hagerstown will have to be patient I guess. 🤷‍♂️

That would be good to see.

I stand strongly, and patriotically, behind the 1st. But, I vehemently decry illegal activity. We're either for the Constitution, all of it, including adhering to it, or we're nothing.

A trucker in the convoy was just discussing the donations and the other day the fuel bill cost was $65,000. The funds are watched over by accountants and every penny is documented. Still no idea if it's only available for the trucks though.

They have no demands. This convoy typifies exactly what I've said about cons in America for many years now. They are just angry people who don't know why they are angry and just drive around looking for someone to tell them where to point their anger towards. And Fox is always right there to tell them its gay, trans Mexicans coming to take their guns and/or freedumbs or some variant thereof.

They have no demands. This convoy typifies exactly what I've said about cons in America for many years now. They are just angry people who don't know why they are angry and just drive around looking for someone to tell them where to point their anger towards. And Fox is always right there to tell them its gay, trans Mexicans coming to take their guns and/or freedumbs or some varient thereof.
The fake so-called “peoples convoy” isn’t about vaccinations or masks. States across the country are lifting mask mandates and most states are reporting dramatically falling numbers in infections, hospitalizations and deaths.

The convoy, made up virtually, if not entirely of dingbat Trumpsters is nothing more than a ridiculous attention seeking publicity stunt by butt hurt right wing losers.

“The convoy’s motives are muddy. People gathered in the Western Maryland city described frustrations with workplace vaccine mandates and other measures meant to limit the spread of the coronavirus — even though those rules have now been lifted in many places. At the speedway, the crowds chanted anti-President Biden slogans and displayed support for former president Donald Trump. Extremism analysts point to a broader set of right-wing causes that have motivated participants.”

“Flatbeds, semis and other trucks and cars in the speedway parking area were decorated with signs and messages referencing far-right political views and conspiracy theories, including calls to “arrest Fauci,” referring to Biden’s chief medical adviser Anthony S. Fauci, and equating the mandates to slavery. Some supporters wore “Make America Great Again” caps. Others waved flags bearing an allusion to an explicit anti-Biden slogan.

On Saturday, signs and banners ran the gamut featuring political slogans, Bible verses and expressions of patriotism. “Open Keystone pipeline,” one read. Others: “Trump won,” and “we will not comply.”

Brian Brase, an organizer of the self-described "People’s Convoy,” said it was not clear how long they planned to remain in the area and described the situation as “very fluid.”

On Friday night, Brase looked out at the crowd — some dressed in red-white-and-blue beanies and waving American flags — and told them to celebrate the distance they had traveled. But he didn’t tell them their final destination or what to do when they get there.

“Well, we’re going to do something,” he said, laughing. “What this is is yet to be determined. Please be patient.”

The Branch Covidians are now following the political science

Quite a few vehicles chose to not to participate today. About the only thing this protest has on Ottawa is that it's not freezing weather.

I tried to follow a live streamer last night who was a complete disaster, so really couldn't get much of a feel other than they've got a lot of supply donations, but physical people showing up at the speedway in support was non existent.

Beware of the vaccines and other medicines, they are trying to "digetile" us.

Back
Top Bottom