• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Free Speech for Me but Not for Thee

Threats to business is common from conservatives and liberals alike.

Cons have boycotted Keurig and Starbucks over the war on Christmas. ie saying happy holidays vs merry Christmas. So don't pretend it is just a liberal thing
Again, I'm not just talking "boycotts". Some venture capital firms won't invest or loan money unless a company enacts "woke" systems and programs, for instance.

Where is the extortion or even the threat of extortion?

The right of consumers to boycott products is protected. How many times have conservatives claimed to boycott businesses as part of cancel culture?

Target, Carhartt, Starbucks, Yeti, Nike..........
It's not just boycotts. See my other posts.

It's not just boycotts. See my other posts.
There is no extortion.

Again, I'm not just talking "boycotts". Some venture capital firms won't invest or loan money unless a company enacts "woke" systems and programs, for instance.
That isn't extortion because an investment isn't a right. If you want their money then you accept their demands.

There is no extortion.

That isn't extortion because an investment isn't a right. If you want their money then you accept their demands.
Ironic, then, that you just proved it is extortion.

Ironic, then, that you just proved it is extortion.
It would be extortion if the venture capital company had already guaranteed funds to invest, but then the COO told the president of the company to receive the investment, “I would like you to do us a favor, though”.

It would be extortion if the venture capital company had already guaranteed funds to invest, but then the COO told the president of the company to receive the investment, “I would like you to do us a favor, though”.
Nice try. :rolleyes:

Which is a boycott

Whoah, calm down. Why are you so terrified of people criticizing someone?
It terrifies me how many people there are that want to shut down views they disagree with.

No actual violation,

It was posted in response to so many claiming Musk was all for free speech, yet if this claim in Epoch Times, which is certainly not a liberal media source is true, it would show that Musk is not for free speech. As he would want the government to silence his critics
How do you know his “critics” aren’t Russian trolls?

No actual violation,

It was posted in response to so many claiming Musk was all for free speech, yet if this claim in Epoch Times, which is certainly not a liberal media source is true, it would show that Musk is not for free speech. As he would want the government to silence his critics

How is Musk violating free speech ?

He's not asking anyone to silence anyone.

He's asking about businesses using unfair practices to influence the political arena.

It terrifies me how many people there are that want to shut down views they disagree with.
Holy crap dude you're literally shaking. Calm down. Nobody has shut you down.

He's asking about businesses using unfair practices to influence the political arena.
And there it is, folks. Right wingers think it is "unfair" when liberals express their opinions.

I thought your name was Hitler Guy for a moment LOL

You think it's unfair for a platform to control what appears on it and limit hate speech (badly)? LOL. FB is full of white nationalism groups. You know it, you're in them

He is asking for an investigation, typically that means the government, the intent is have the government interfere with people Musk does not like

Russian trolls have free speech as well do they not?

When another country uses lies to influence elections for it's benefit, that's generally considered bad. But no, Russian citizens are not American citizens and do not have rights given out to people in the USA

And there it is, folks. Right wingers think it is "unfair" when liberals express their opinions.

Expressing an opinion.

You mean like wearing a MAGA hat ?

Liberals expressing their opinions.....like assaulting those who wear MAGA hats ?

Is that you concept of expressing an opinion ?

Expressing an opinion.

You mean like wearing a MAGA hat ?

Liberals expressing their opinions.....like assaulting those who wear MAGA hats ?

Is that you concept of expressing an opinion ?

Liberals assaulting MAGA scum is made up. MAGA scum hunting and bashing minorities is real. Who is Heather Heyer? Who is Kyle Rittenhouse?

When another country uses lies to influence elections for it's benefit, that's generally considered bad. But no, Russian citizens are not American citizens and do not have rights given out to people in the USA
They could be Americans being paid to be trolls, in which free speech applies

They could be Americans being paid to be trolls, in which free speech applies

Biden's bill is specifically aimed at actors from overseas, so those people would not be part of that

Back
Top Bottom