• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Free Childcare

Allowing folks to borrow and forcing others to repay their ‘loans’ (at that point converted to gifts) is certainly not going to produce “economic stability”.
Actually yes it will.
People are funny. They don't mind billions in subsidies going to wealthy farmers to put pivots on their fields.
But freak out about forgiving student loans which are a drag on the economy making it difficult for millions of Americans to buy products and services.

Actually yes it will.
People are funny. They don't mind billions in subsidies going to wealthy farmers to put pivots on their fields.
But freak out about forgiving student loans which are a drag on the economy making it difficult for millions of Americans to buy products and services.

Why isn’t any loan payment “making it difficult for millions of Americans to buy products and services” being converted to a US treasury gift to them?

The truth is that most are able to pay their student loan debts and those having the most difficulty doing so either did not manage to get a degree or got one in a field of study with low demand.

That’s a bargained agreement that all the employees make. The employer agrees to it

Hmm… are you saying that all (those union) employees agree with equal pay for equal work or agree that workers with more kids should be paid more than workers with fewer kids? You seem to be making conflicting claims.

Hmm… are you saying that all (those union) employees agree with equal pay for equal work or agree that workers with more kids should be paid more than workers with fewer kids? You seem to be making conflicting claims.
A Union agreement is what the Union and the employer reach agreement on. I remember one time our Union president refused an offer we employees were happy with, simply because the company took too long to agree, causing us to lose an additional weeks pay before settling for the same offer.

Business should be obligated to train their own.

Why should they?

Should semiconductor companies be required to pay tuition for English lit. majors?

Why should they?

Should semiconductor companies be required to pay tuition for English lit. majors?
Most businesses DO provide training for their employees to perform the work expected of them, and/or use the tools/technology needed to perform such work.

This is different, to me.

I want student education paid for by business. They are the beneficiaries of education. The non working investor class especially.

Business should be obligated to train their own.

So I don't favor forgiving loans, I favor shifting the cost. It is immoral to send a kid in the world in debt to the non working investor.

That is an interesting idea, but it appears hard to implement. These training (education) costs are a one time expense (investment?) in an individual worker which would likely take many years to recover. If employer A has invested (20K?) in a given worker’s education then what prevents employer B from offering that highly trained worker ($2K/year?) more to come work for them?

Why isn’t any loan payment “making it difficult for millions of Americans to buy products and services” being converted to a US treasury gift to them?

The truth is that most are able to pay their student loan debts and those having the most difficulty doing so either did not manage to get a degree or got one in a field of study with low demand.

Umm yes. They are paying off government loans which means they have less money to spend in the economy..on houses and cars.. on services and goods that keep us citizens employed.

Umm yes. They are paying off government loans which means they have less money to spend in the economy..on houses and cars.. on services and goods that keep us citizens employed.

That did not answer the question posed.

This is one item that Congress is mulling over in one of these mega spending deals.
How is this going to work? Will there be standards to be met before a business can accept children. Will there be price controls? How will fraud be addressed? Whenever the government becomes the paymaster, the crooks line up….Social Security, Medicare, pretty much any program that Uncle Sam gets into, the money disappears real quick.

Oprah got nothing on the gubbmint….
Perhaps you intended it to be implicit in what you said but in summary (mine), when the "gubbmint" pays for something they get to control it (and you).
That goes for the free college proposal and any entitlement.

Most businesses DO provide training for their employees to perform the work expected of them, and/or use the tools/technology needed to perform such work.
And some expect their employees to be able to do the job when they're hired. Depends on the business.

So you're not saying don't have kids if you can't afford them. You're saying don't have sex if you can't afford kids.

I thought as much.
Never heard of birth control?

And some expect their employees to be able to do the job when they're hired. Depends on the business.
Depends more on what is being done and what is being worked with.

This is one item that Congress is mulling over in one of these mega spending deals.
How is this going to work? Will there be standards to be met before a business can accept children. Will there be price controls? How will fraud be addressed?
Don't worry about price controls and fraud, in subsidized child care. It's not going to happen. There is no way conservative Republicans will support child care for the poor.

How is this going to work? Will there be standards to be met before a business can accept children. Will there be price controls? How will fraud be addressed? Whenever the government becomes the paymaster, the crooks line up….Social Security, Medicare, pretty much any program that Uncle Sam gets into, the money disappears real quick.

Attachments

• FreeSchool.png
    FreeSchool.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 4
Government should be free!

It never fails to amaze me that people really believe they are getting something for free. You cannot get something for free, and still be free.

It never fails to amaze me that people really believe they are getting something for free. You cannot get something for free, and still be free.
Works pretty well for the wealthy

I agree!
My wife and i raised 4 kids who are now successful adults and now helping raise 4 grandkids.

Dont want to have to be bothered taking care of your children???? Dont have them!!!
By "helping raise 4 grandkids" does that mean providing childcare and/or supplementing your children's income @Lucky 1 ?

No it doesn't. You should focus on your own life, and give up on the jealousy bullshit.
Sure it does.
Rich people get billions in subsidies and grants and all sorts of free stuff from the government.

I agree!
My wife and i raised 4 kids who are now successful adults and now helping raise 4 grandkids.

Dont want to have to be bothered taking care of your children???? Dont have them!!!
Or at the very least don’t have a kid until you are working in a decent job and are married.

Back
Top Bottom