• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

France's Macron says deeply regrets Trump decision on troops in Syria

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ump-decision-on-troops-in-syria-idUSKCN1OM0EL

N’DJAMENA (Reuters) - French President Emmanuel Macron said on Sunday he deeply regretted U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria.

In an abrupt policy shift, Trump announced on Wednesday that Washington would withdraw the roughly 2,000 U.S. troops in Syria, upending a pillar of American policy in the Middle East and alarming U.S. allies.
=============================================
We destabilized the MidEast by invading Iraq & killing Saddam & now we're doing it again by creating a power vacuum in a very unstable Syria. Erdogan & Putin are very pleased with The Donald.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...ump-decision-on-troops-in-syria-idUSKCN1OM0EL

N’DJAMENA (Reuters) - French President Emmanuel Macron said on Sunday he deeply regretted U.S. President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria.

In an abrupt policy shift, Trump announced on Wednesday that Washington would withdraw the roughly 2,000 U.S. troops in Syria, upending a pillar of American policy in the Middle East and alarming U.S. allies.
We destabilized the MidEast by invading Iraq & killing Saddam & now we're doing it again by creating a power vacuum in a very unstable Syria. Erdogan & Putin are very pleased with The Donald.

Macron ought to worry more about stabilizing his own country.

When was the last time the French made the right call on military affairs?

Serious question.

When their call was aligned with most experts on the matter. When was the last time an incompetent idiot made the right call on military affairs?

If Macron feels so strongly about it, then he can deploy French troops to fill the void.

When their call was aligned with most experts on the matter. When was the last time an incompetent idiot made the right call on military affairs?

Our experts in this society generally suck ass.

That is the entire point of The Rebellion.

Yea in your well qualified opinion.

This is not Star Wars.

No one is forcing you to listen to me.... since you clearly have no interest in conversation maybe you best be on your way.

It is not about forcing or not. It is about the utter stupidity of your post, in which you declare that all experts are unqualified.

I said no such thing, your following along has clearly failed here.

Maybe you read it again.

Note: I am off to watch Clueless with the wife....dont look for me anytime soon.

Macron ought to worry more about stabilizing his own country.

LOL Why shouldn't he just actively de-stabilize his country like Trump is doing to us? He could kiss Putin's ring too and put him one more step closer to world dominance. It's good to be Putin, the gifts just keep coming. It like a fruit of the month club from Trump.

Last edited:
Serious question

Does Syria want us there?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cool, Macron can deploy the French military to fill the vacuum from American departure. I find it silly liberals are opposing withdrawal from a ME conflict since Trump is president. The US should focus more heavily militarily on eastern Asia to counter the Chinese.

Cool, Macron can deploy the French military to fill the vacuum from American departure. I find it silly liberals are opposing withdrawal from a ME conflict since Trump is president. The US should focus more heavily militarily on eastern Asia to counter the Chinese.

Burning America down to burn Trump out is the opposite of silly, it is a tragedy.

Only the incompetent and immoral would do it.

WE USED TO BE BETTER

The same Macron that Was called a traitor by his own generals?

SIAP. Meh, Macron is heavily concerned with the refugees pouring out of Syria.

Serious question.

when they left vietnam to the vietnamese. too bad we did not learn from them

Serious question

Does Syria want us there?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

good question but to whom is it directed? the government or the rebels

Maybe French President Emmanuel Macron put his money where his mouth is by replacing American troops with French troops. Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom