• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

France Will Stop Making Foie Gras This Summer

Oh geez, this recently went down in Chicago too, but thankfully there was enough citizen rebellion that the ban was soon overturned!

Edit: Hold on! The headline is a bit deceiving. The halt is only for several months due to a bird flu epidemic! :doh

That's reasonable, I think.

Last edited:
Yeah, that is one of the more cruel dishes. I think even most meat lovers can get on board with putting a stop to that one. It is one thing to be ok with eating animals. It is another to torture them before doing so.

Oh geez, this recently went down in Chicago too, but thankfully there was enough citizen rebellion that the ban was soon overturned!

I knew, given enough time, I would finally find something on which we disagree. :)

Yeah, that is one of the more cruel dishes. I think even most meat lovers can get on board with putting a stop to that one. It is one thing to be ok with eating animals. It is another to torture them before doing so.

Exactly right, Bob. I'm a vegan, and in a perfect world to me we wouldn't eat meat. But that said, I would never ever attempt to deny someone his right to eat meat. But foie gras is absolutely horrific cruelty. There is no excuse at all for offering it on any menu. Horrible.

I won't eat in any restaurant that offers foie gras on its menu.

Edit: Hold on! The headline is a bit deceiving. The halt is only for several months due to a bird flu epidemic! :doh

That's reasonable, I think.

Yes, because we shouldn't deny citizens their rights to partake in a tasty dish made of an innocent, living, breathing animal that feels horrific pain and suffers unspeakable torture before its death.

Yes, because we shouldn't deny citizens their rights to partake in a tasty dish made of an innocent, living, breathing animal that feels horrific pain and suffers unspeakable torture before its death.
And that's what the factory farm industry does best. Make animals suffer.

This is a good thing, we have all known for sometime now how cruel the process is to produce this. There is no reasonable argument to continue the practice.

Yes it does. But in all my years of working against things like the Yulin dog meat festival and the ignorant pieces of **** who think it's fun to torture calves before turning them into veal, nothing compares to what happens to produce foie gras. If I were dictator, you would see an immediate end to that product.

Exactly right, Bob. I'm a vegan, and in a perfect world to me we wouldn't eat meat. But that said, I would never ever attempt to deny someone his right to eat meat. But foie gras is absolutely horrific cruelty. There is no excuse at all for offering it on any menu. Horrible.

I won't eat in any restaurant that offers foie gras on its menu.

If was goose liver I would agree with you it is a cruel way to fatten them up.

However 95% of Foie Gras is made from duck liver. Good riddance, if there was an animal species that deserves that particularly gruesome practice of gavage, it is the duck, I have NO sympathy for them. Being fattened and eaten is too good a way for them to go. There is only two goods kinds of duck. On the dinner plate or dead. How badly they die is of NO consequence, in fact I say the more gruesome the better. Despicable ducks. May they all die miserably.

Yes it does. But in all my years of working against things like the Yulin dog meat festival and the ignorant pieces of **** who think it's fun to torture calves before turning them into veal, nothing compares to what happens to produce foie gras. If I were dictator, you would see an immediate end to that product.
And I am pretty much against the factory farm industry. I much prefer people getting locally sourced meat from farms where the animals haven't been tortured their entire lives.

However 95% of Foie Gras is made from duck liver. Good riddance, if there was an animal species that deserves that particularly gruesome practice of gavage, it is the duck, I have NO sympathy for them. Being fattened and eaten is too good a way for them to go. There is only two goods kinds of duck. On the dinner plate or dead. How badly they die is of NO consequence, in fact I say the more gruesome the better. Despicable ducks. May they all die miserably.

Delightful. Thank you for posting this to me. I so wanted to read it.

I really, really hope you are joking.

The ducks earned it. The geese aren't innocent but they aren't in the same league as the lowly duck.

And I am pretty much against the factory farm industry. I much prefer people getting locally sourced meat from farms where the animals haven't been tortured their entire lives.

My husband buys meat for him and the boys from a local farmer who raises beef and pork in a very humane way, grass fed and living mostly outdoors. I still don't love it, and no I can never set foot on the place for fear of having an overwhelming desire to set them all free, but it's much better than the alternative.

My husband buys meat for him and the boys from a local farmer who raises beef and pork in a very humane way, grass fed and living mostly outdoors. I still don't love it, and no I can never set foot on the place for fear of having an overwhelming desire to set them all free, but it's much better than the alternative.
I'm trying my hardest to stop supporting the factory farm industry, so I've begun to just eat mainly fish as my alternative to pork and beef. But hopefully I can get rid of meat altogether, but it's gonna take some time.

Delightful. Thank you for posting this to me. I so wanted to read it.

Your welcome, I am glad you are delighted. If you want more fun facts about ducks you should see this video. Then you will feel as I do. Here enjoy. You will love it. I promise. :mrgreen:

I'm not so sure things are terribly better in the beef, pork, chicken, or fish industries, but hey whatever works for you!

But don't try to impress your ethics or choices upon me.

I'm not exactly cryin' in my beer over the goose, here. Or should I say wine? At least it's not a whine, like I'm hearing in this thread!

So they earned it because of what? Being alive? Or do you just hate ducks?

Do you really want to know. I mean realllllllly want to know. The video on post 21 will explain most of my irrational feeling on the matter. Only view if you really want to know. Once seen it cannot be unseen. It will change your view of ducks forever.

The ducks earned it. The geese aren't innocent but they aren't in the same league as the lowly duck.
Wow!

I'm pro foie gras, but this sounds over the top.

What is it that about ducks, that so bothers you?

I'm not so sure things are terribly better in the beef, pork, chicken, or fish industries, but hey whatever works for you!

But don't try to impress your ethics or choices upon me.

I'm not exactly cryin' in my beer over the goose, here. Or should I say wine? At least it's not a whine, like I'm hearing in this thread!

95% of foie gras is made from duck liver. I wouldn't shed a tear if I were you. The ducks earned their fate. Now the geese should be worried about.

Back
Top Bottom