• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

France Will Stop Making Foie Gras This Summer

Do you really want to know. I mean realllllllly want to know. The video on post 21 will explain most of my irrational feeling on the matter. Only view if you really want to know. Once seen it cannot be unseen. It will change your view of ducks forever.
Yes. It has certainly changed my perspective on how I view ducks. Now I just hate ducks. **** 'em, throw them all in the bonfire!

Hmm I wonder how much black market foie gras goes for?

Always up for making some extra cash

Wow!

I'm pro foie gras, but this sounds over the top.

What is it that about ducks, that so bothers you?

The video in Post 21 will explain things and hence my admittedly irrational feelings on the matter. Caution though. Once seen, it cannot be unseen. You have been warned.

Yes it does. But in all my years of working against things like the Yulin dog meat festival and the ignorant pieces of **** who think it's fun to torture calves before turning them into veal, nothing compares to what happens to produce foie gras. If I were dictator, you would see an immediate end to that product.

It makes one wonder who first discovered that force-feeding a goose or duck resulted in a very fatty enlarged liver that would later command high prices from those who wished to eat the thing!

I'm with you in considering it a cruel way to treat an animal just so some jerk can order it to impress fellow diners on how very "cosmopolitan" they are! :2mad:

Last edited:
Yes. It has certainly changed my perspective on how I view ducks. Now I just hate ducks. **** 'em, throw them all in the bonfire!

Told ya. Now you will have to live with those facts forever and never look at a duck the same way again. Evil little ****ers aren't they.

It makes one wonder who first discovered that force-feeding a goose resulted in a very fatty enlarged liver that would later command high prices from those who wished to eat the thing!

I'm with you in considering it a cruel way to treat an animal just so some jerk can order it to impress fellow diners on how very "cosmopolitan" they are! :2mad:

95% of foie gras is made from duck. Don't worry about em. They earned it. It was the egyptions and they did that to other birds at first to fatten them up. Foie gras is the extreme of that to obtain superior and different flavor from the liver. I am not a liver fan by any means, but smoked foi gras is very good. It tastes nothing like liver.

Your welcome, I am glad you are delighted. If you want more fun facts about ducks you should see this video. Then you will feel as I do. Here enjoy. You will love it. I promise. :mrgreen:

Greetings, PirateMk1. :2wave:

That's the fun of being on DP. You just never know what you're going to see next! :lamo :thumbs:

Do you really want to know. I mean realllllllly want to know. The video on post 21 will explain most of my irrational feeling on the matter. Only view if you really want to know. Once seen it cannot be unseen. It will change your view of ducks forever.

Damn!

I don't believe in reincarnation, but I pray I never come back as a duck! I wish I could un-see that!

Screw 'em! Get their livers! Oh no, did I just say that? The first part? Oh, how I really wish I could un-see that!

Wow!

I'm pro foie gras, but this sounds over the top.

What is it that about ducks, that so bothers you?

It's those ducks and there damn emails!!!

I don't have any problems with foie gras that's not force-fed (Which is a tradition that goes back to the Romans, who fed ducks high carbohydrate diets). Europe has an entirely ****ed up perspective on animal rights, but the Spaniards are orders of magnitude worse, however. I consider Europe in general to be a lot less... let's say "civilized" than the US on a lot of post-Enlightenment values. It's a culture shock eating in Spain. It took me a long time to find a restaurant that I could eat at in Spain (leaving shell fish and seafood out to suffocate in the air before cooking it is an entirely common practice in Spain, and one I will never condone).

Fri Feb 5, 2016

French foie gras lovers will have to pay more for the delicacy this year due to the recent bird flu outbreak in southwest France that will halt output for four months, makers said on Friday.

France's favourite festive season treat has been hit by the government decision to freeze duck and geese farming as it aims to contain the virus which had hit eight departments in the country's top foie gras region since late November.
Bird flu crisis will inflate foie gras bill, French makers say | Reuters

Judging by the thread tittle I'd have to say that Militant_Vegan has been caught without command of the facts, because "will stop" are the wrong words.

Let's blame it on on crap "journalists" though, MKay?

Last edited:
Your welcome, I am glad you are delighted. If you want more fun facts about ducks you should see this video. Then you will feel as I do. Here enjoy. You will love it. I promise. :mrgreen:

All the True Facts videos are awesome.

Back
Top Bottom