• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

France ‘Suppressed News of Gruesome Torture’ at Bataclan Massacre

CJ 2.0

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
If authorities are not willing to provide this information to people so it can filter into the democratic process and decision making, all we are going to get is a continuation of the nonsense fairy-land "solutions" that are being pushed by the people's betters.

This sort of expectation that authorities can suppress truth, coupled with diktats from those who suppress information and then formulate policy based on the absence of that information, is precisely why you see movements like Brexit.

EXCLUSIVE: France 'Suppressed News of Gruesome Torture' at Bataclan Massacre

A French government committee has heard testimony, suppressed by the French government at the time and not released to the media, that the killers in the Bataclan tortured their victims on the second floor of the club.

Police witnesses in Parliament said they vomited when they saw the disfigured bodies.

Wahhabist killers apparently gouged out eyes, castrated victims, and shoved their testicles in their mouths. They may also have disemboweled some poor souls. Women were stabbed in the genitals – and all the torture was, victims told police, filmed for Daesh or Islamic State propaganda. For that reason, medics did not release the bodies of torture victims to the families, investigators said.

Just unbelievable.

If authorities are not willing to provide this information to people so it can filter into the democratic process and decision making, all we are going to get is a continuation of the nonsense fairy-land "solutions" that are being pushed by the people's betters.

This sort of expectation that authorities can suppress truth, coupled with diktats from those who suppress information and then formulate policy based on the absence of that information, is precisely why you see movements like Brexit.

EXCLUSIVE: France 'Suppressed News of Gruesome Torture' at Bataclan Massacre

A French government committee has heard testimony, suppressed by the French government at the time and not released to the media, that the killers in the Bataclan tortured their victims on the second floor of the club.

Police witnesses in Parliament said they vomited when they saw the disfigured bodies.

Wahhabist killers apparently gouged out eyes, castrated victims, and shoved their testicles in their mouths. They may also have disemboweled some poor souls. Women were stabbed in the genitals – and all the torture was, victims told police, filmed for Daesh or Islamic State propaganda. For that reason, medics did not release the bodies of torture victims to the families, investigators said.

Are you trolling for appeasers and apologists?

It is better if people know all the truth.

But I can understand what I assume are the motives of the French authorities in this case. To release such gruesome details may do little but cause more hate reprisals against innocent Muslims. The French authorities must be in an INCREDIBLY difficult situation over these attacks (and the one last night in Nice). They have to do what they can to stop these attacks but also not let the public start taking the law into their own hands.

I suspect that most of those that most object to these details being suppressed will be those with the greatest hatred for Muslim extremists...and possibly Muslims as a whole.

Frankly, the fact they did these terrible things to the victims does not shock me, I assume these whacko terrorists are just that...though it deadens my soul a tad.

But I can understand what I assume are the motives of the French authorities in this case. To release such gruesome details may do little but cause more hate reprisals against innocent Muslims. The French authorities must be in an INCREDIBLY difficult situation over these attacks (and the one last night in Nice). They have to do what they can to stop these attacks but also not let the public start taking the law into their own hands.

I suspect that most of those that most object to these details being suppressed will be those with the greatest hatred for Muslim extremists...and possibly Muslims as a whole.

Frankly, the fact they did these terrible things to the victims does not shock me, I assume these whacko terrorists are just that...though it deadens my soul a tad.

Which is fair, the problem is that if we consistently filter information to reduce "islamophobia" it can have the cummulative impact of sanitizing or otherwise minimizing the issues and what to do about it. This time it was in respect of gory details. Other times it could be about support for ideological positions among certain faith leaders (which we see all the time minimized by government and media). But the impact of all of it is to prevent the people from having the information they are entitled to in order to use their democratic rights to elect people who are advocating policy that reflects what the people would support if they had complete information.

And that applies not only in domestic policy but also in foreign policy, both in terms of how we treat nations that directly or indirectly support these sorts of ideologies and terrorists but also how we pressure allies to appease enemies because it does not register with us how intransigent and uncompromisingly evil those enemies actually are.

And all of this is done for the purpose of insulating the "elites" from pressure that might interfere with the policies those elites have deemed in the best interests of the governed populations (which was part of the cause of this problem in Europe to begin with).

To cite to a different example, there are only so many times people can be beheaded in the streets by Islamic terrorists before the people start distrusting leadership repeating that this is just a minor incident and while tragic it does not warrant any change to any processes or policies.

Last edited:

Well someone has to and history has shown that won't be the French govt.

Horrific. No other words.

If authorities are not willing to provide this information to people so it can filter into the democratic process and decision making, ...

A French government committee has heard testimony, suppressed by the French government at the time and not released to the media, that the killers in the Bataclan tortured ..

Why are you repeating their vile propaganda? Who could it possibly benefit to know the gruesome details? Only the terrorists. The relatives have suffered a grevious loss and now the terrorists through you are compounding that distress. You are a mere tool of their activities.

Last edited:
Why are you repeating their vile propaganda? You are a mere tool of their activities.

LOL. That's your takeaway? Disclosure and discussion of facts equals propaganda?

These folks are doing some of the same things that Islamists have done for well over a century in the way they treat their victims (many of these things were also done in the Hebron Massacre of 1929, for example). And what they chose to do reflects a certain kind of deviancy (which is in turn linked to the philosophical and ideological worldview of radical islamic thought, which itself is an offshoot of Muslim and Arab cultural vuiewpoints on, e.g., sexuality, dominance and the role of women). Understanding all of this is critical in understanding how to both defeat the enemy and ensure the ideology is sufficiently destroyed or modified to ensure it does not threaten us in the same way once we win (similar to what we did in Japan following WWII).

Or, you know, we can bury our heads in the same about what is driving these folks and just assume that any policy prescriptions would work on the basis that people like us would respond to them. Won't work, but hasn't stopped the ideological left thus far...

Last edited:
Surprised at what?

That the appeasers and apologists are lining up to give their traditional, threadbare, rose-colored-glasses reactions to REALITY.

I support your OP 100% and agree with you that information like this should be exposed to the light of day. It is fear that leads to political correctness.

Why are you repeating their vile propaganda? Who could it possibly benefit to know the gruesome details? Only the terrorists. The relatives have suffered a grevious loss and now the terrorists through you are compounding that distress. You are a mere tool of their activities.

Good point...I had not thought of that.

The terrorists may have done these gruesome things to send a message. It is well known that many terrorist groups actually want to horrify the West to get them more involved in the Middle East (for various reasons). Bin laden did not organize 9/11 to keep America out of the Middle East obviously.

And by suppressing the horror, this may actually REALLY piss off the terror groups who were hoping these details would be released.

I assumed initially that they just did these things because they were just sick. But maybe they did it because they were sick AND because they wanted to horrify the West.

Interesting.

Islam is a religion of peace. We should be welcoming as many Muslims into our country as we possibly can.

The terrorists may have done these gruesome things to send a message. It is well known that many terrorist groups actually want to horrify the West to get them more involved in the Middle East (for various reasons). Bin laden did not organize 9/11 to keep America out of the Middle East obviously.

And by suppressing the horror, this may actually REALLY piss off the terror groups who were hoping these details would be released.

I assumed initially that they just did these things because they were just sick. But maybe they did it because they were sick AND because they wanted to horrify the West.

Interesting.

Sure. Or this could be in line with the pattern of Islamist violence against the other and reflect a deeper pathos within the culture from which radical islam was birthed.

But you'd never be able to think about that if no one tells you about it...

Need a better source before I believe this, good lord.

I felt the same way, until I noticed that the story had a link to the official web page of the French Government where the report is published. It's in French (of course) so if you don't speak and read French you can do like I did and use Google Translate to search for the parts the story quotes.

Interesting.

Any terrorist message they wanted to promote would have been repeating it loudly far and wide, so that the gruesome facts would not be coming out only just now.

If the terrorists wanted to promote a message they'd have been repeating it loudly far and wide, so that the gruesome facts would not be coming out only just now.

Neither you nor I can know for certain what the terrorists wanted.

But if they were politically motivated at all, then whatever they did would have been done with the public perception in mind. So it is logical to assume that they might have done these gruesome acts not just for sick pleasure but also to disgust the world.

And considering many terrorist Muslims have done such things as putting beheading's on YouTube (which is obviously meant to horrify the West), it is doubly logical that they did the same thing here.

You believe what you wish, but until I see factual proof to the contrary, I am going to assume these sickos were both having (sick) fun AS WELL AS trying to send a message to the western world.

Last edited:
Caution: author of source article: Louise Mensch. Discredited British former MP and journalist. And nutcase. Read with caution.

I felt the same way, until I noticed that the story had a link to the official web page of the French Government where the report is published. It's in French (of course) so if you don't speak and read French you can do like I did and use Google Translate to search for the parts the story quotes.

I wonder now that it's out how much play it will get from the MSM.

We better hope it does, cause if not, and if it looks like the MSM is further minimizing or covering up things the elites don't want widely disseminated, well that's IMO exactly what fuels support for non-traditional extremist political movements. If I don't trust anything the mainstream tells me but yet point after point is validated by Le Pen on other right wing groups, at some point that is going to sway a whole bunch of people that they can't trust the mainstream while only thee extremists are willing to treat them like adults and tell them the truth.

Treating adults like children will invariably backfire when people feel like they are in danger. At some point, "nothing to see here" isn't enough to make everyone go home, and the mainstream would have been way better off had they not tried to be so controlling of information flows to the masses.

I wonder now that it's out how much play it will get from the MSM.

We better hope it does, cause if not, and if it looks like the MSM is further minimizing or covering up things the elites don't want widely disseminated, well that's IMO exactly what fuels support for non-traditional extremist political movements. If I don't trust anything the mainstream tells me but yet point after point is validated by Le Pen on other right wing groups, at some point that is going to sway a whole bunch of people that they can't trust the mainstream while only thee extremists are willing to treat them like adults and tell them the truth.

Treating adults like children will invariably backfire when people feel like they are in danger. At some point, "nothing to see here" isn't enough to make everyone go home, and the mainstream would have been way better off had they not tried to be so controlling of information flows to the masses.

Although I wish I didn't, I have to agree with you here. The public is always more receptive to supporting their current leadership and allowing the leaders to lead, and fight the fight for the public, when those leaders are open and trusting of the people. It's a two way street. If the government want the people to trust them to lead unmolested, then the government has to trust the people and be open and honest with them.

Revolts always start when the lowers realize that the highers have lied and manipulated the truth and kept the lowers in the dark. This is not different.

To answer your question, I think that if it were going to be a big story that gets the coverage it should, it would have already done so. I hope I am wrong, however.

Back
Top Bottom