• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox's role in Kasich campaign questioned

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Fox desperately wants Kasich to win this race because he is a former employee and also because redistricting and will have consequences in 2012.

"People can come on our website at kasichforohio.com Sunday night at 6:30," Kasich told Hannity, announcing a webcast he planned at the same time as Obama's rally. "We're going to talk about the damage the Obama agenda has done to us. And if you have any extra nickels or dimes, please send it our way: kasichforohio.com."

It was one of 16 appearances that Kasich has made on Fox television or radio programs since he formally entered the governor's race on June 1, 2009, according to a count by the Strickland campaign.

Fox's role in Kasich campaign questioned | The Columbus Dispatch

16 appearances since June isn't very many especially since he's a former employee and friend.

Last edited:
Another colossal "BFD" post... But just to stay topical, here are some quotes from the article you left out:

Bill Shine, executive vice president of programming for Fox News, said in a statement, "Our show bookers have reached out to Strickland and offered him an opportunity to appear on Fox News just like his opponent. But, unfortunately, Strickland has declined those requests more than he has accepted."

Sabato (director of the Center for Politics at the University of Virginia) said he doesn't think Kasich's exposure on Fox has cost Strickland any votes because the typical viewer probably isn't inclined to support Strickland.

Then there's the question of what shows has he appeared on. If they were political opinion shows, what's the big deal? The only show that's mentioned in the article is Hannity, which is not a news show.

I tell you what... Why don't you do a head count over at MSNBC and let me know the ratio democratic candidates to republican ones and get back to me... Until then... Yaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Are you looking for a different result than this link where we already discussed this?

MSNBC has endorsed Grayson, Green, Dorf, Cassoule and Conway. Grayson uses Ed Shultz and Olbermann in his campaign ads. Grayson got web plugs from the Ed Shultz show when they clearly could have edited them out or removed them from live air wit the 7 second delay.

The Baltimore Sun apparently has caught up with the expose of MSNBC as well.

MSNBC Pres. Asks For Examples Of On-Air Fundraising; Inevitably, Examples Found

MSNBC Issues a Challenge. We Accept! | slanders | johnny dollar's place

So I'm sure you'll appreciate that not only is there interest Fox doing it, there's also some interest in MSNBC clearly doing the same thing. :wink:

16 appearances since June isn't very many especially since he's a former employee and friend.

That's 16 appearances since June of last year... That's less than one appearance a month for a guy who hosted his own weekend show on the network.

Thank you. And it's 16 since he announced his candidacy for Governor if Ohio, a key Governor race.

How many appearances has opponent made on Fox? How many times has his opponent even been invited to appear on Fox?

ZERO and ZERO

Here's a shocker... YOU'RE WRONG!

We know you never read the articles you respond to that conservatives post, but I would have thought you would have read the article that was the focal point of the thread YOU STARTED!

The governor has made three appearances on Fox in interviews with reporters during his campaign and appeared seven times on MSNBC, owned by NBC Universal, during the past two years, the campaign said.

Bill Shine, executive vice president of programming for Fox News, said in a statement, "Our show bookers have reached out to Strickland and offered him an opportunity to appear on Fox News just like his opponent. But, unfortunately, Strickland has declined those requests more than he has accepted."

Geeez...

winston53660 said:
How many appearances has opponent made on Fox? How many times has his opponent even been invited to appear on Fox?
ZERO and ZERO

You REALLY aren't very mucy with the factual research, are you...
firstamendmentcenter.org: news
Strickland has been invited onto Fox shows four times since January, she said. He appeared twice and declined twice.

A little GOOGLE never killed anyone.

We anxiously await your spin, changing your tune from ZERO & ZERO, to, WELL, IT WASN'T ENOUGH.

Here's a shocker... YOU'RE WRONG!

We know you never read the articles you respond to that conservatives post, but I would have thought you would have read the article that was the focal point of the thread YOU STARTED!

Geeez...

^%$%$*&%#!!!!! you beat my post!

I knew that couldn't be correct.

FOX is actually fairly good about getting both sides on. It's mostly that the left gets their butts handed to them when they do appear, so they shy away.

Bill O'Reilly is talking about this right now. He said he has invited the governor on many times and he won't do it.

FOX is actually fairly good about getting both sides on. It's mostly that the left gets their butts handed to them when they do appear, so they shy away.

4 invites compared to 16 is not any where near even.

4 invites compared to 16 is not any where near even.

How many times do they have to ask? Seems to me that after 3 or 4 times they just know that he's not going to come on.

That's only from O'Reilly, not the entire network.

So what is it for the entire network?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Kasich has appeared nine times this year and more than 50 times since he announced his candidacy in 2008, Democrats say.[/FONT][/FONT]

That is from the article Whovian posted. So is this:

Daschle noted in the letter and in the Ohio complaint that Fox's parent company, News America, recently donated $1 million to the DGA's counterpart, the Republican Governors Association — the single largest corporate donation to the group so far this cycle. News America is a subsidiary of Rupert Murdoch's media conglomerate News Corp.

That really doesn't look good for Fox.

It doesn't look good for the governor to refuse to come on Fox time after time after time. What's he afraid of?

Fox desperately wants Kasich to win this race because he is a former employee and also because redistricting and will have consequences in 2012.

Answer me this: Why is it that when O'Reilley invited Strickland and Kasich, Kasich was the only one that showed up?. Strickland REFUSED to show up and now he is crying about Fox News backing Kasich Only???

Answer me this: Why is it that when O'Reilley invited Strickland and Kasich, Kasich was the only one that showed up?. Strickland REFUSED to show up and now he is crying about Fox News backing Kasich Only???
There is nobody on Fox including O'Reilly that can give a fair interview To Strickland, they're all in the tank for Kasich.

There is nobody on Fox including O'Reilly that can give a fair interview To Strickland, they're all in the tank for Kasich.

What's the matter, Pete? Too much heat in other thread where MSNBC was shown doing the same thinrg, so you made your own isolating Fox?

I figured you would wait until enough posts were made that you could avoid having to man up for your false statement.

Good Job!

Back
Top Bottom