• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox's Neil Cavuto returns to air, says he was in ICU with COVID-19

Moon

Why so serious?
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Fox News and Fox Business Network host Neil Cavuto returned to the air on Monday and revealed he had been in an intensive care unit while battling pneumonia and the coronavirus.

"I did get COVID again but a far, far more serious strand, what doctors call COVID pneumonia," Cavuto said. "It landed me in intensive care for quite a while and it really was touch-and-go. Some of you who've wanted to put me out of my misery darn near got what you wished for! So, sorry to disappoint you!"

The host said his "very compromised immune system" caused him to contract the coronavirus more than once.

"Because I've had cancer and right now I have multiple sclerosis, I'm among the vulnerable 3 percenters or so of the population that cannot sustain the full benefits of a vaccine," he said. "In other words, it simply doesn't last."

Glad he survived, sounds like it was a rough time for him.

I have liked Cavuto since he returned from his bout with cancer. He read some of the messages he had received while out sick. He took great relish in reading the ones that wished him something other than “get well soon.”

Fox News and Fox Business Network host Neil Cavuto returned to the air on Monday and revealed he had been in an intensive care unit while battling pneumonia and the coronavirus.

"I did get COVID again but a far, far more serious strand, what doctors call COVID pneumonia," Cavuto said. "It landed me in intensive care for quite a while and it really was touch-and-go. Some of you who've wanted to put me out of my misery darn near got what you wished for! So, sorry to disappoint you!"

The host said his "very compromised immune system" caused him to contract the coronavirus more than once.

"Because I've had cancer and right now I have multiple sclerosis, I'm among the vulnerable 3 percenters or so of the population that cannot sustain the full benefits of a vaccine," he said. "In other words, it simply doesn't last."

I fail to understand how the common cold can put someone in ICU.

I have liked Cavuto since he returned from his bout with cancer. He read some of the messages he had received while out sick. He took great relish in reading the ones that wished him something other than “get well soon.”
I honestly don’t watch or listen to his show very often, but I enjoy it when I do.

Pneumonia is no walk in the park. I have had pneumonia 3 times and twice been hospitalized. The first time was as a teenager. I also have a tendency to have colds and flu turn into intense battles with bronchitis. Pneumonia is like the number 2 killer of people who are older which is why I personally decided to get the covid vaccine and booster. A risk vs reward decision which made sense.

Cavuto the same thing. His immuno suppressed condition and his apperent BMI being what it appears to be, makes him more at risk than a young fit healthy young person who could shake off all kinds of viral threats.

Glad he has recovered.

Seems Cavuto is one of the good guys at Fox.
I wish him well in his recovery, which is likely to arduous.

Pneumonia is no walk in the park. I have had pneumonia 3 times and twice been hospitalized. The first time was as a teenager. I also have a tendency to have colds and flu turn into intense battles with bronchitis. Pneumonia is like the number 2 killer of people who are older which is why I personally decided to get the covid vaccine and booster. A risk vs reward decision which made sense.

Cavuto the same thing. His immuno suppressed condition and his apperent BMI being what it appears to be, makes him more at risk than a young fit healthy young person who could shake off all kinds of viral threats.

Glad he has recovered.

Get the pneumonia vaccine.. It's two different shots a year apart... I've had pneumonia twice and got the first vaccine right before covid really took off

He is pro vaccine, so you can stuff that noise with the rest of your inane posts.

What does that have to do with my comment for the uneducated Trumpits here?

He should have stayed off the air. Good time to retire.

I do not know him or watch his show but from how everyone is describing him, he seems like a decent person. I’m glad he recovered.

I fail to understand how the common cold can put someone in ICU.
Because it was not the common cold.

Also, he has had cancer, and currently has MS. I would think his immune system is a bit compromised.

Even a 9 year old can figure all of that out.

Also, he has had cancer, and currently has MS. I would think his immune system is a bit compromised.

I believe Noonereal posted with a touch of sarcasm 😉

LOL, mad that he's telling his story and it's against your desired narrative?
What? You think Cavuto just now started to suck?

Well, I have kidney disease, cancer and severe hypertension for decades and when I had a cold I was not hospitalized at all.

Go figure.

What's ironic is it's Cavuto's own network's audience actively trying to stop measures to protect people like him. They will watch and listen to him but they won't wear a mask to protect him. Sad!

One of the few Fox hosts I like. I am glad to hear he is OK and he is the type of person that others need to protect by wearing a mask and keeping distance.

Back
Top Bottom