• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox using misleading pics again

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I'm sure we'll see a ton of false equivalence in this thread.

The graphic showed an image of President Joe Biden superimposed over a photo of the empty shelves. But as one eagle-eyed Twitter user pointed out, the image is actually from a 2011 NPR story (photo #15) about residents fleeing the disaster area near the Fukushima nuclear power plant.​

Lazy way of reporting to use old stock footage but the same story is being run by all media

When he frowns this is who I think of. :)

1642081207794.png

Faux is propaganda.

Ahh yes .. because the media never uses incorrect footage / images to convey a message. Much like the "attack on Syria" that used footage from a local Kentucky gun range with the attempt of conveying their message.

Doesn't surprise me at all, and the media is master of focusing on emotion as opposed to reporting the facts.

You should al know if this is true, are your local grosseryshops empty?

Sounds strange, we have al had a pandemic and it hasn't effected any shops here (well at the very beginning people went a little nuts and stockpiled toiletpaper)

Not whole stores, but you do see entire sections cleared out.

I'm sure we'll see a ton of false equivalence in this thread.

The graphic showed an image of President Joe Biden superimposed over a photo of the empty shelves. But as one eagle-eyed Twitter user pointed out, the image is actually from a 2011 NPR story (photo #15) about residents fleeing the disaster area near the Fukushima nuclear power plant.​

The grocery stores in my area do not seem to be having the problem of empty shelves?

Sounds strange, we have al had a pandemic and it hasn't effected any shops here (well at the very beginning people went a little nuts and stockpiled toiletpaper)
My grocery store was definitely out of tostitos cantina thin chips and I suffered because I had to opt for Ruffles. Woe is me.

You should al know if this is true, are your local grossers shops empty?

Not entirely, of course, but periodic shortages of various items are becoming more common. The bigger problem is that the cost of many (if not most) items is increasing.

I'd say that they're competitive for the biggest footprint.

Based on your personal frequent viewing of Fox News, or what other MSM outlets are telling you?

For some odd reason, all of the food stores around me are totally out of Nabisco Saltine Crackers and Oyster Crackers.

Been this way since Thanksgiving. I highly doubt Joe Biden had a hand in this supply chain snafu.

Based on your personal frequent viewing of Fox News, or what other MSM outlets are telling you?
I watched faux for years. They've only gotten worse since I turned that shit off.

Are they cleared-out because of Biden's fault? What was the cause?
We've got a lot of people not working and a lot of workers out sick, and a clueless President caught completely unprepared...

"Nobody saw it coming. Nobody in the whole world!"

I'd say that they're competitive for the biggest footprint.

Then I'd say that was confirmation bias at work. When FOX reports something like this, it is almost alone except for some few "conservative" newspapers.

On the other hand, CNN, MSNBC, The NYT, WaPo, followed by CBS, NBC, ABC, Time Magazine, etc. all echo the same trash reports.

I have shopped in grocery stores in 4 different states in the last couple months and have not seen bare shelves...or even close, anywhere.

Admittedly one store was out of the Old El Paso "stand and stuff" taco shells that my wife likes. Personally I prefer the taste of Ortega shells better anyway..but I digress.

I guess that was Biden's fault.

Back
Top Bottom