• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

FOX ratings in freefall.

Ivan The Terrible said:
fourddream,

Well I impressed. I usually have to fight with the humans here to get them to admit my God Hood. Let's deal with your post shall we?

If you indeed believe this why did you single out Fox?
They set the standard and a very low one it is, about 666mm from the ground grovelling to the whims of the raketeers in the white house.
A.

fourddream said:
They set the standard and a very low one it is, about 666mm from the ground grovelling to the whims of the raketeers in the white house.
A.

It's folks like you who give them free advertising everyday, you actually helped their ratings, they should send you some No Spin gear!:rofl

Deegan said:
It's folks like you who give them free advertising everyday, you actually helped their ratings, they should send you some No Spin gear!:rofl

It would SEEM they win either way then, but my guess is that people are waking up to them and that's because others are talking but there's an element of truth in what you say maybe, but do you think someone who reads this thread is extra motivated to take them seriously then? But your also right about it not being about the ratings as you said earlier, no, it's about the absolute influence that shows signs of weaknesses appearing BECAUSE people are speaking out and getting others to broaden their scope and so on. The ratings are an indicator. People have a right to hear the other side of the story, a side that they won't allow to be presented as it would compromise their narrow agenda and interests.
There is no independent media anymore, just a propaganda machine.
If you want to see the news you miss that has been censored from T.V.there's a guy bundles it and sends it out with other conspiracy evidence videos etc. on www.truthstream.org and there are other sites if you look around and even google has a library of much of this. If you havn't given the makers of these films a chance then you havn't heard let alone considered the other side of the story and one should consider both sides.
A.

aps said:
LOL I can't stand Rita Cosby's voice! It's funny, Angie Harmon's raspy voice--sexy. Rita Cosby's raspy voice--totally not sexy.

What could you two be thinking? ;) I don't like her show. She gets to interview very interesting people but she asks them leading questions, which drives me nuts. A good interviewer will ask a question that will allow the person to provide a thoughtful response. Here is part of the transcript from Monday's show. She is interviewing a reporter about the case involving Imette St. Guillian.

Rita, will you let the damn reporter talk? Look at her. She's feeding the person answers. Did you think he was a suspect, or that he was trying to cover his trail, or wanted publicity. Just ask what her reaction was!

Sorry, vauge and americanwoman--she stinks. :thumbdown

Ever watch any Nancy Grace?

Pacridge said:
IMO, all news is becoming more and more fluff.

I don't disagree, but I have to force myself to remember that every story out there is turned in by a reporter somewhere. You do have to hunt for it though. I rarely watch network news anymore. It's more to see how the rest of the world is perceiving the issues. I get most of my news from the internet these days - I have myyahoo set up to give me feeds from about 25different sources.

americanwoman said:
I like her, too. She has that raspy voice that just kinda draws you in I guess.
Its nice to see you again...About Fox News I usually watch the O'Factor and when they have the weekly review with a bunch of collumnists and they criticise all other news organizations is one of my favorite shows!

fourddream said:
A.
Please fourdream MSNBC, and CNN both have access to Congress as well so what is your point? They are all the same in my book!

Pacridge said:
Ever watch any Nancy Grace?

I love her! She is a tough momma.

fourddream said:
If A = 1, B = 2, C = 3 etc. then you can alot every letter a number.
Numbers to 9 stay themselves when finding the root. double numbers such as
J = 10, K = 11, L = 12 are added so J=1, K=2, L=3.

You can easily make a "basic numerology chart" by putting the single numbers 1 through 9 along the top and placing the alphabet under those numbers in rows of 9.
You will find that only 3 letters have a 6 root: the F, O, X.

or the 6th 15th and 24th letters of the alphabet, yes FOX = 666..

Then let's take the letters of your name, fourdream.

F = 6
O= 15
U=21
R=18
D=4
R=18
E=5
A=1
M=13

Now, when all added up, the sum equals 101

Now you're obviously a clever one (considering you know the truth behind 9/11) so it's clear that your alias is in code and that the correct name is "4dream."

4=4
D=4 } 4 + 4 + 18 = 26
R=18

E=5
A=1

and 5 + 1 = 6

M=13 } 1 x 3 = 3 (x 2 for the 2 separate digits in 13) = 6

AHA!

666!

THE MARK OF THE BEAST!

4DREAM IS THE ANTICHRIST! 4DREAM IS THE ANTICHRIST!!!!! AVERT YOUR EARS FROM HIS FALSE PROPHESIES OR FACE THE FIRES OF HELL!!!!! AHHHHH IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aps said:
I love her! She is a tough momma.

Odd, maybe I should watch her again. I've only seen her a couple times. Both times she was asking questions then answering them herself before the person she was interviewing could even say anything. When she wasn't doing that was she was asking one leading question after another.

I respect your opinion greatly. When I have moment I'll try and catch her again.

fourddream said:
FOX (666) ratings are in freefall.:lol: You can go here for article and links.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2006/3/1/111723/4980

A one month decline, year over year, does not a trend make. It may be that Fox ratings are trending down, but you haven't provided any evidence of that, much less a 'freefall'.

Come back and try again when you have another three or four months of evidence. If those numbers are consistently down as well, then you have a case. Otherwise, nope.

The Real McCoy said:
Then let's take the letters of your name, fourdream.

F = 6
O= 15
U=21
R=18
D=4
R=18
E=5
A=1
M=13

Now, when all added up, the sum equals 101

Now you're obviously a clever one (considering you know the truth behind 9/11) so it's clear that your alias is in code and that the correct name is "4dream."

4=4
D=4 } 4 + 4 + 18 = 26
R=18

E=5
A=1

and 5 + 1 = 6

M=13 } 1 x 3 = 3 (x 2 for the 2 separate digits in 13) = 6

AHA!

666!

THE MARK OF THE BEAST!

4DREAM IS THE ANTICHRIST! 4DREAM IS THE ANTICHRIST!!!!! AVERT YOUR EARS FROM HIS FALSE PROPHESIES OR FACE THE FIRES OF HELL!!!!! AHHHHH IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you spelled it wrong to begin with LOL. No me not the joker, just a simple fool.

Pacridge said:
Odd, maybe I should watch her again. I've only seen her a couple times. Both times she was asking questions then answering them herself before the person she was interviewing could even say anything. When she wasn't doing that was she was asking one leading question after another.

I respect your opinion greatly. When I have moment I'll try and catch her again.

Wow, Pacridge, what a nice compliment! Thank you. I have watched her maybe 10 times. But when I have watched her, I have loved her passion for the subject at hand. When that defense attorney's wife was murdered, I loved how angry Grace was. She wanted to get to the bottom of who would have killed her. Just the other day, she was talking about the Immete St. Guillian case, where they found that the DNA on the sheet she was wrapped in was not that of the their current suspect. She was asking very thoughtful, detailed questions.

I will watch her again to see if she does what Rita Cosby does and report back here my findings. ;)

ATTENTION ALL:

Please follow the ratings link here and learn what it is to lie with statistics.

In every time slot across the board, no matter how you slice it, this link proves that FOX is utterly annihilating its competition, often taking in more viewers than everyone else combined.

This "freefall" wording is an outright lie, and the author is apparently counting on people not actually checking the link. Not only does it vary from slot to slot whether or not FOX even declined at all, but in some categories and slots, it GAINED.

And the temporary fluctuations have zero affect on the still gargantuan leads FOX continues to haul in.

Even if the ratings DID show any kind of broad loss over one month (which they don't), it would be completely dishonest to represent it as a trend. Take a statistics class. One data point does not constitute a trend.

They are simply being utterly misrepresented here for political gain-as usual-by a party neurotically consumed with undermining the first news outlet in American history to break the liberal stranglehold and report the news along the same political leanings as mainstream America (demonstrably)-as opposed to condescendingly crusading to "fix" America's moderately conservative perspective.

Also, the anti-Bush blog this all derived from might not be such a smart source for anyone who wants to maintain a shred of credibility. :roll:

aquapub said:
ATTENTION ALL:

Please follow the ratings link here and learn what it is to lie with statistics.

In every time slot across the board, no matter how you slice it, this link proves that FOX is utterly annihilating its competition, often taking in more viewers than everyone else combined.

This "freefall" wording is an outright lie, and the author is apparently counting on people not actually checking the link. Not only does it vary from slot to slot whether or not FOX even declined at all, but in some categories and slots, it GAINED.

And the temporary fluctuations have zero affect on the still gargantuan leads FOX continues to haul in.

Even if the ratings DID show any kind of broad loss over one month (which they don't), it would be completely dishonest to represent it as a trend. Take a statistics class. One data point does not constitute a trend.

They are simply being utterly misrepresented here for political gain-as usual-by a party neurotically consumed with undermining the first news outlet in American history to break the liberal stranglehold and report the news along the same political leanings as mainstream America (demonstrably)-as opposed to condescendingly crusading to "fix" America's moderately conservative perspective.

Also, the anti-Bush blog this all derived from might not be such a smart source for anyone who wants to maintain a shred of credibility. :roll:

It's simply more free advertising, leave it be, it's worked so well thus far!:rofl

Back
Top Bottom