• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox outraged that Obama missed a golf putt

Sykes

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Fox outraged that Obama missed a golf putt - Salon.com

I hope nobody is still wondering why thinking people don't take Fox seriously as a news outlet.

But the latest manifestation of this meme, from Fox News’ generally inoffensive Greta Van Susteren, is a bit odder. Last night, the host expressed outrage that the White House “staged” a photograph of Obama … embarrassingly whiffing a putt on the golf course.

“Why would the president do this for the cameras? It’s one thing to take a vacation but is this pose shoving it down the throats of the American people?” Van Susteren asked indignantly last night, displaying a photo of Obama lifting a knee up in the air while holding a putter.

“What was he thinking?” she continued. “It’s all staged and choreographed with Secret Service standing by. This is not spontaneous.”

Seriously!?

Seriously.

I hope nobody is still wondering why thinking people don't take Fox seriously as a news outlet.

Seriously!?

Seriously.

I wonder why you're broadcasting their **** here given they're not to be taken seriously. While you're at it, what's the National Enquirer got to say about today's news?

Not to be an ***hole but this is why the nation is always embroiled in discussion about stupid, stupid ****... Because it's so stupid, it's addicting!

tumblr_ljh0puClWT1qfkt17.gif

Last edited:
The things people decide to bitch about is hilarious.

they'd be really pissed about my golf game.

obama-golf-oooo-cropped-proto-custom_24.jpg

That is called "body english".

body English
n.
1. Bodily movement in a usually unconscious attempt to influence the movement of a propelled object, such as a ball.
2. The usually irregular movement or spin of a propelled object as if it were influenced by this twisting.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/body+English

Slow news day I guess

I watched the video at the bottom of the article. She had a point. Also, shoe, other foot, comes to mind.

Get over it people. She was talking about the impression it leaves. Seriously? Seriously.

Am I missing something here?

Where did "Fox News" show outrage over a missed putt, and when did Greta become the official spokesperson for the network?

Seriously, it's a dang good thing the far left progressive Salon is on the case. Fixation noted.

Seriously, it's a dang good thing Fox can get righteously indignant over **** that doesn't matter. Fixation noted.

Am I missing something here?

Where did "Fox News" show outrage over a missed putt, and when did Greta become the official spokesperson for the network?

She was on Fox news when she said it, and they didn't run a disclaimer announcing that the views of their anchor are not necessarily reflective of Fox views.

That's when.

Seriously, it's a dang good thing Fox can get righteously indignant over **** that doesn't matter. Fixation noted.

Perhaps, but what does seem apparent is a member of the propoganda arm of the Progressive Machine is clearly willing to make the effort to present it as such.

She was on Fox news when she said it, and they didn't run a disclaimer announcing that the views of their anchor are not necessarily reflective of Fox views.

That's when.

So in your view, Greta's words represent the entire network... interesting... Now the big question:

Where did she show outrage over Obama missing a putt? I watched the clip, and I'll be damned if I saw it anywhere.

So in your view, Greta's words represent the entire network... interesting... Now the big question:

Where did she show outrage over Obama missing a putt? I watched the clip, and I'll be damned if I saw it anywhere.

With her words. :)

"but is this pose shoving it down the throats of the American people?

Gee, that wasn't at all inflammatory. I see your point.

With her words. :)

"but is this pose shoving it down the throats of the American people?

Gee, that wasn't at all inflammatory. I see your point.

What does that have to do with a missed putt?

Do you really have no clue what she is talking about... REALLY?

What does that have to do with a missed putt?

Do you really have no clue what she is talking about... REALLY?

That's exactly what she said. "Is this pose," and etc.

You know, I'm sure Fox says and does things that are worth going to the mat over. This wouldn't be one of them. If you're determined to do so, have at it. It's not a squabble worth having.

And she's an idiot.

Seriously!?

Seriously.

You, of course, miss the entire context of her comments as posted above. She is not outraged that Obama missed a putt - did she even mention that or just you and that bastion of unbiased journalism, Salon? She was suggesting that it's brain dead of the White House to be offering up pictures of the President playing golf, for the bazzilionth time when many people are working hard and can't afford any type of vacation, period.

BTW, I'd be embarrassed if I was Obama - the pic makes it look like he's trying out for a career with the Rockettes when his term finally expires.

FOXNEWS has met or surpassed the lunacy of the Liberal media.

I never thought a person could make so many people take a ride on the moonbat express. Obama has managed to take Bush's title.

That's exactly what she said. "Is this pose," and etc.

You know, I'm sure Fox says and does things that are worth going to the mat over. This wouldn't be one of them. If you're determined to do so, have at it. It's not a squabble worth having.

And she's an idiot.

What? A squabble not worth having? Didn't you start this thread?

Oh, I scoff.

Roger Ailes' Secret Nixon-Era Blueprint for Fox News

Funny you should mention propaganda arm.

With a 318-page document to back the assertations.

The Ailes Files

And I scoff in return.

Certainly the meager effort of one Rodger Ailes pales under the multi-billion effort of George Soros and his Progressive Machine. Heck, even Peter B. Lewis, a vaunted member of the inner circle, flaunts his membership in the religion through the name of his company.

And I scoff in return.

Certainly the meager effort of one Rodger Ailes pales under the multi-billion effort of George Soros and his Progressive Machine. Heck, even Peter B. Lewis, a vaunted member of the inner circle, flaunts his membership in the religion through the name of his company.

You didn't read the link did you.

Have a nice day.

You didn't read the link did you.

Have a nice day.

I did.

You didn't make the Progressive Machine connection did you? George Soros, Salon, Annenberg Foudation, Mother Jones, Democracy Alliance, Tides Foundation, Progressive Insurance, Ford Foundation, NPR, Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, etc, etc, etc...

Avoidance noted.

Have a nice day...

Back
Top Bottom