• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News The Number One Source Of Television News

Your title is not correct. They are simply the highest rated cable news network by one point.

I would be surprised if that were NOT the case. Fox is perceived as a conservative news outlet while most of the others are perceived, to varying degrees, as liberal. Thus there is much competition among perceived liberal news outlets. There is no competition among perceived conservative news outlets. Fox has cornered that market.

I would be surprised if that were NOT the case. Fox is perceived as a conservative news outlet while most of the others are perceived, to varying degrees, as liberal. Thus there is much competition among perceived liberal news outlets. There is no competition among perceived conservative news outlets. Fox has cornered that market.

That and the fact that Fox has bought up so many news outlets, not to mention the average American doesn't know Beijing from this week's Subway Sandwich special and you have the perfect recipe for a perfect disaster.....................

Unless your one of the 52 % of the uninformed, it was widely known that FOX NEWS CHANNEL is where you go for becoming informed.
I think you must mean misinformed.

I think you must mean misinformed.

There are some on the right who are misinformed but most on the left are just uninformed.

Examples from exit polling during the 2008 elections.

Over 90 % of those who voted for Obama were misinformed and believed that Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house." When it was actually Tina Fey on SNL who said it. There were close to 30 % of McCain voters who also were misinformed and believed that Palin made the comment. That's being misinformed.

There were over 90 % of those who voted for Obama who couldn't name their Congressional Representative. That's being uninformed.

Exit polling revealed that the vast majority of those who voted for Obama in 2008 were extremely uninformed and also misinformed.
In 2012 there were so many who voted for Obama who Finally became informed that they were lied too and were duped that instead of admitting that they were too uninformed, misinformed and just to stupid that they shouldn't be voting, they decided to give Obama a second chance. That's just stupidity.

There are some on the right who are misinformed but most on the left are just uninformed.

Over 90 % of those who voted for Obama were misinformed and believed that Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house." When it was actually Tina Fey on SNL who said it. There were close to 30 % of McCain voters who also were misinformed and believed that Palin made the comment. That's being misinformed.

There were over 90 % of those who voted for Obama who couldn't name their Congressional Representative. That's being uninformed.

Exit polling revealed that the vast majority of those who voted for Obama in 2008 were extremely uninformed and also misinformed.
In 2012 there were so many who voted for Obama who Finally became informed that they were lied too and were duped that instead of admitting that they were too uninformed, misinformed and just to stupid that they shouldn't be voting, they decided to give Obama a second chance. That's just stupidity.

Uninformed, misinformed, now you've invented malinformed.
Nah, you didn't invent it, come to think of it. Faux News gets the kudos for that one.

Uninformed, misinformed, now you've invented malinformed.
Nah, you didn't invent it, come to think of it. Faux News gets the kudos for that one.

I'm pretty sure the word "malinformed" was invented just last year by one of Obama's uniformed minions in reference to those who were told to watch Fox News.

It's just the corruption of the word "malformed", today considered to be politically incorrect to use in reference to certain individuals. But still used in the manufacturing, construction and engineering industries.

We'll add "malinformed" to the DP new word of the day. Definition ? I'll leave it up to a liberal to come up with the definition.

I'm pretty sure the word "malinformed" was invented just last year by one of Obama's uniformed minions in reference to those who were told to watch Fox News.

It's just the corruption of the word "malformed", today considered to be politically incorrect to use in reference to certain individuals. But still used in the manufacturing, construction and engineering industries.

We'll add "malinformed" to the DP new word of the day. Definition ? I'll leave it up to a liberal to come up with the definition.

(grin!)
Being 'Grand Mal', I'm in a position to 'mal inform' you. It means bad or wrong or, in the case of my nym, sickness.
You might relate to another usage- malcontent.

(grin!)
Being 'Grand Mal', I'm in a position to 'mal inform' you. It means bad or wrong or, in the case of my nym, sickness.
You might relate to another usage- malcontent.

Malcontent is a real word.
To the best of my knowledge no white beard scratching liberal has changed the definition of malcontent in the name of political correctness.

Malcontent is a real word.
To the best of my knowledge no white beard scratching liberal has changed the definition of malcontent in the name of political correctness.

That would be malicious!

But I thought believing the media was generally left leaning was a misconception. You're telling me that all but one media outlet are left leaning. Some confusion there maybe?

But I thought believing the media was generally left leaning was a misconception. You're telling me that all but one media outlet are left leaning. Some confusion there maybe?

I was careful to use the "perceived" caveat. :) Personally, I think they are all more corporatist than anything.

Well put!

An earlier poster hit the nail on the head. FOXNews has the rightwing demographic monopolized. They do not have to spread their market thin like the other more mainstream outlets have to. All it would take to knock FOXNews off their assumed throne would be another rightwing competing channel.

People watch what they want to hear and see. If you want to hear that Obama, democrats, progressives, liberals are all ignorant and uninformed idiots and that your rightwing train of thought is superior to all others, then FOXNews is your channel to watch. They will tickle your nutsack for you 24/7.

The same goes for the other whackos on the other side of the coin. If you want to hear how cool your liberal ideas are and how retarded and damaging the rightwingers are to our nation, MSNBC is your nutsack tickler.

In the meantime, that leaves EVERYONE uninformed and stupid. But hey, everybody likes to get their nutsack tickled even if it does result in mild cases of retardation.

At the end of the day, however, none of it means **** to a tree and the media moguls laugh at you all, all the way to the bank.

Although offering news reports Fox News Channel's big draw isn't its news. What they give their viewers is affirmation in political conservatism through their commentary shows. It should also be noted, a huge portion of their audience are elderly men. It will be interesting to see their standing once the 65+ crowd dies off, which I hope doesn't happen soon but is obviously going to affect FNC's bragging rights in the near to mid future.

If you want to see something interesting, wait for the next big "breaking news" event. An overused term in TV news for sure, but a legitimate huge all of a sudden event that there was no way for the news channels to prepare for. Nothing anyone would hope for but something where even the regular TV networks interrupt Who Wants to Marry a Complete Stranger to cover. Then channel surf between news stations. I've done this a few times just because I like to see all angles of coverage on major events and its always obvious to me how ill-prepared FNC is in being on the scene right away with comprehensive analysis on breaking news events compared to the other channels. When Fukushima happened in Japan in 2011 all the other channels have live reports from Japan almost immediately. FNC wasn't there for days. Another major event, I forgot what, other channels had a round table of experts. FNC, one guy ad-libs by himself. Their niche isn't news, its right-wing political affirmation, which works well for them 99% of the time and even to some extent during major stories since its likely their loyal audience will simply stay with them during something huge and never realize what they're missing.

If you want to hear how cool your liberal ideas are and how retarded and damaging the rightwingers are to our nation, MSNBC is your nutsack tickler.
+ CNN, ABC, CBS and NBC

:funny

Unless your one of the 52 % of the uninformed, it was widely known that FOX NEWS CHANNEL is where you go for becoming informed.

I'd say your statement pretty much says it all.

The funniest part is that you have no idea why.

I'd say your statement pretty much says it all.

The funniest part is that you have no idea why.

You have no idea why, while I do.

If you want to become misinformed or hear what the Obama White House talking points are, you go to MSNBC.

If you want to hear about diversity or what a British subject views are on the Second Amendment, you go to CNN.

If you want to have explained to you on what was on the N.Y. Times front page, spending from 30 seconds to 60 seconds on each story, you go to CBS, NBC or ABC nightly news.

If your always tweeting on your I-phone or always have a 40 ouncer in your hand and are just waiting for your free stuff at the first of the month, you go to Comedy Central's, Daily Show or the Colbert Report. If you have already spent all of your free monthly money by Saturday night and are broke and sitting at home, you go to Weekend Update on Saturday Night Live.

If you want to find out what news stories that Obama and liberals don't want you to know about, you go to the Drudge Report.

If your a mentally healthy heterosexual male who appreciates good looking intelligent women who are fare and balance and don't practice the liberal spinning of the news, you go to Fox News.

If your an intelligent female who's capable of making up her own conclusions of what to believe when told the "who, what, when, why and where," you go to Fox News.

Back
Top Bottom