• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News The Number One Source Of Television News

Just out of curiosity Top Hat, where do you get your news from ?

Mostly local sources such as The Seattle Times, The Tacoma News Tribune. (I am in WA) I rarely watch TV news, most of my news is gathered online. I go CNN.com If I watch TV, I will occasionally tune into CNN (when something big happens, unless the insufferable Wolf ****zer is on. The guy makes me nuts.) or Fox to see if Shep is on. I like Shep, but the rest of FAKE news is absolutely terrible. It generally appeals to folks to whom I don't relate well.

Fox News demonstrates the "Oregon Vortex Effect". It's not that Fox actually leans to the right. It's that all the other stations lean so much to the left that it creates an effective illusion for the gullible; just like the Oregon Vortex. That's right, folks, the broom in the picture below does not actually lean to the right, either.

11206950-large.jpg

Hook, line and sinker.

Fox News demonstrates the "Oregon Vortex Effect". It's not that Fox actually leans to the right. It's that all the other stations lean so much to the left that it creates an effective illusion for the gullible; just like the Oregon Vortex. That's right, folks, the broom in the picture below does not actually lean to the right, either.

11206950-large.jpg
You are demonstrating one of the problems I have with Fox. It doesn't bother me that they are conservative, but they advertise themselves as "Fair & Balanced" and they are neither.

Mostly local sources such as The Seattle Times, The Tacoma News Tribune. (I am in WA) I rarely watch TV news, most of my news is gathered online. I go CNN.com If I watch TV, I will occasionally tune into CNN (when something big happens, unless the insufferable Wolf ****zer is on. The guy makes me nuts.) or Fox to see if Shep is on. I like Shep, but the rest of FAKE news is absolutely terrible. It generally appeals to folks to whom I don't relate well.

I think most people are unaware that Shep is actually a liberal. To many think just because someone in on Fox they are conservative.
Shep's program is a news program not a commentary program. A good news caster should be able to report the news and the viewers shouldn't be able to tell if the person is a conservative, liberal or moderate. All we want are the facts, the five "W's." "Who, What, Why, Where and When."

As for the printed press, it really had deteriorated over the decades. Nothing more than high school journalism at it's worse. The first paragraph of any news article should answerer the "Five W's." There should be no opinions in any news story, that suppose to only be found in the editorial and opinion section of the newspaper.

I got sick of Wolf back in November of 2008 when for six months he would remind everyone, every ten minutes that Barack Obama was the first African American President. When I think of a white beard scratching liberal, I think of Wolf Blitzer. He just looks like a white beard scratching liberal.

You are demonstrating one of the problems I have with Fox. It doesn't bother me that they are conservative, but they advertise themselves as "Fair & Balanced" and they are neither.

I know... everything else is "fair and balanced" and Fox leans hard right.

Yeah, that's what it would look like to a liberal.

Why is it so difficult for righties to admit Fox is right wing radio made for TV?

The mainstream media ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN have a corporate bias. MSNBC leans left. Fox not only leans right, but it's an extension. of the Republican Party. If you doubt this condition exists, please note that all of the Republican contenders for president in both the 2008 and 2012 election were run through Fox. You didn't see this happening in 2008 on MSNBC with the Democrats nor will you see in 2016 IMO.

There are some on the right who are misinformed but most on the left are just uninformed.

Examples from exit polling during the 2008 elections.

Over 90 % of those who voted for Obama were misinformed and believed that Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from my house." When it was actually Tina Fey on SNL who said it. There were close to 30 % of McCain voters who also were misinformed and believed that Palin made the comment. That's being misinformed.

There were over 90 % of those who voted for Obama who couldn't name their Congressional Representative. That's being uninformed.

Exit polling revealed that the vast majority of those who voted for Obama in 2008 were extremely uninformed and also misinformed.
In 2012 there were so many who voted for Obama who Finally became informed that they were lied too and were duped that instead of admitting that they were too uninformed, misinformed and just to stupid that they shouldn't be voting, they decided to give Obama a second chance. That's just stupidity.

she didn't say those`exact words, and you can in fact see Russia from Alaska ... but she did say this, didn't she (and much more)?

"PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We— we do— it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where— where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is— from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to— to our state."

All I know is that I feel much safer when Sarah's in Alaska watching the skies for Russian bombers to warn us that they're coming ...

when you gert the chsance, read this ...
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/...est-informed-fox-news-viewers-worst-informed/

MSDNC didn't want to cover the republican candidates properly so the only station that wasn't in bed with democrats had to.

she didn't say those`exact words, and you can in fact see Russia from Alaska ... but she did say this, didn't she (and much more)?

Exactly, Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from Alkaska." And it a fact that you can see Russia from Alaska. I was taught that in grade school fifty years ago.

Now it was Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live who said "I can see Russia from my house."

So back in November of 2008 when Zogby conducted it's exit polling of voters the question was asked, "Who said I can see Russia from my house"? 86.9 % who voted for Obama said Sarah Palin said it.

Was it a trick question ?

Survey finds most Obama voters remembered negative coverage of McCain/Palin statements but struggled to correctly answer questions about coverage associated with Obama/Biden

Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions from Obama voters.

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)

71.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

And yet.....

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.

Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)

Exactly, Sarah Palin said "I can see Russia from Alkaska." And it a fact that you can see Russia from Alaska. I was taught that in grade school fifty years ago.

Now it was Tina Fey on Saturday Night Live who said "I can see Russia from my house."

So back in November of 2008 when Zogby conducted it's exit polling of voters the question was asked, "Who said I can see Russia from my house"? 86.9 % who voted for Obama said Sarah Palin said it.

Was it a trick question ?

Survey finds most Obama voters remembered negative coverage of McCain/Palin statements but struggled to correctly answer questions about coverage associated with Obama/Biden

Results to 12 simple Multiple Choice Questions from Obama voters.

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)

71.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

And yet.....

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that!!

Only 2.4% got at least 11 correct.

Only .5% got all of them correct. (And we "gave" one answer that was technically not Palin, but actually Tina Fey)

You actually think you're making a really important point, don't you? Neither party has terribly well-informed members, and the least informed are Fox viewers. But so what about that too. As I said, Palin didn't say that she could see Russia from her house, but actually said worse, more frightening things, including the one I posted ...

You actually think you're making a really important point, don't you? Neither party has terribly well-informed members, and the least informed are Fox viewers. But so what about that too. As I said, Palin didn't say that she could see Russia from her house, but actually said worse, more frightening things, including the one I posted ...

I would agree given its Sunday night lineup consists of cartoons, but what are your thought as to Fox News viewers? What would you suggest people watch/listen?

I would agree given its Sunday night lineup consists of cartoons, but what are your thought as to Fox News viewers? What would you suggest people watch/listen?

Something other than berating politics.

I was talking about Fox News viewers ... I suggest picking up different newspapers (kinda like Palin, anything they put in front of you), read and watch conservative commentators who are smart and the same on the left ... on the right Buckley used to make me think, Brooks does from time to time, as does Will ... Do you ever read Counterpunch.com pieces? From the left, and they don't like Obama a whole lot, as I don't, but the GOP has thoroughly disgusted me dutring the past five years ... I'm disgusted by the Dems as well, but not thoroughly ...

I was talking about Fox News viewers ... I suggest picking up different newspapers (kinda like Palin, anything they put in front of you), read and watch conservative commentators who are smart and the same on the left ... on the right Buckley used to make me think, Brooks does from time to time, as does Will ... Do you ever read Counterpunch.com pieces? From the left, and they don't like Obama a whole lot, as I don't, but the GOP has thoroughly disgusted me dutring the past five years ... I'm disgusted by the Dems as well, but not thoroughly ...

Well, you're the better man, as I'm disgusted by both in that each simply panders to what they think the base wants. Where are the principled politicians?

Anyone who gets all of their information from TV news and/or newspapers like USA Today is uninformed and misinformed. They simply do not provide enough details or a wide enough range of opinions. Only the PBS news and Democracy Now hour come close to being decent sources of news.

Anyone who gets all of their information from TV news and/or newspapers like USA Today is uninformed and misinformed. They simply do not provide enough details or a wide enough range of opinions. Only the PBS news and Democracy Now hour come close to being decent sources of news.

"USA Today"

I remember when "USA Today" first hit the newsstands back during the early 80's. It was described as a newspaper for those who couldn't understand the national evening news on television.

As for PBS just like NPR, extremely slanted/bias to the left. Your only getting half of the story. Everyone knew it going back to the 1970's. But when NPR fired the liberal Juan Williams for not being politically correct enough for it's radical liberal audience, there were no more questioning how leftist NPR was.

Unless your one of the 52 % of the uninformed, it was widely known that FOX NEWS CHANNEL is where you go for becoming informed.
:lamo:lamo:lamo:lamo

pretty much what is wrong with America in a single sentance

I can't help but to think about the Bill O'reilly freak out.

NSFW

Back
Top Bottom