• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News terrorism pundit pleads guilty to faking CIA ties

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A Fox News guest terrorism analyst pleaded guilty on Friday to U.S. charges that he fraudulently claimed to have been a CIA agent for decades, federal prosecutors said.

Wayne Simmons, 62, of Annapolis, Maryland, entered the plea in U.S. district court in Alexandria, Virginia, a Washington suburb, the U.S. Attorney's Office said in a statement.

The guy that FOX News has had on their show as an expert in terrorism turns out to be a phony? FOX News should hire him back as soon as he gets out of jail. After all, "FOX" and "News" are mutually exclusive words. A phony expert on a phony news network? Yea, that's about right.

But even weirder is the US government which hired him to go to the Middle East as an analyst, based on his lying about being a CIA agent on FOX News. They didn't even bother to double check his credentials bull puckey. The US government is DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. LOL.

Article is here

It's telling when folks hold FOX News to a higher standard than they do the federal government.

It's telling when folks hold FOX News to a higher standard than they do the federal government.

Maybe you didn't read the part where I trashed the government too. Reading is fundamental, 'ya know. :mrgreen:

The guy that FOX News has had on their show as an expert in terrorism turns out to be a phony? FOX News should hire him back as soon as he gets out of jail. After all, "FOX" and "News" are mutually exclusive words. A phony expert on a phony news network? Yea, that's about right.

But even weirder is the US government which hired him to go to the Middle East as an analyst, based on his lying about being a CIA agent on FOX News. They didn't even bother to double check his credentials bull puckey. The US government is DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. LOL.

Article is here

Did the Feds not even do a background check on this guy? I was under the impression that contractors, just like Fed employees, receive at the very least a basic background check. I am a Fed employee, and I am quite sure that it is the way it's supposed to work. As for Fox, perhaps they do not validate a so called experts credentials, paid or unpaid.

Last edited:
56204cf0c36188854e8b45b0.jpg

I can't even imagine keeping such a big lie like that for such a period of time. And top of that to get on national TV! You would think someone who knew him prior would come out of the wood work and say that guy is a fake.

I suppose he will soon be riding in a wheelchair needing two men just to help him stand for the trial.

Did the Feds not even do a background check on this guy? I was under the impression that contractors, just like Fed employees, receive at the very least a basic background check. I am a Fed employee, and I am quite sure that it is the way it's supposed to work. As for Fox, perhaps they do not validate a so called experts credentials, paid or unpaid.

Nope. No background check by the Feds. LMAO.

why does it matter didn't a judge say FOX has the right to lie?

This ties nicely with a piece currently on Politico:

My friends in the TV news business are in a state of despair about Donald Trump, even as their bosses in the boardroom are giddy over what he’s doing for their once sagging ratings.
“It feels like it’s over,” one old friend from my television days told me recently. Any hope of practicing real journalism on TV is really, finally finished. “Look, we’ve always done a lot of stupid **** to get ratings. But now it’s like we’ve just given up and literally handed over control hoping he’ll save us. It’s pathetic, and I feel like hell.” Said another friend covering the presidential campaign for cable news, “I am swilling antidepressants trying to figure out what to do with my life when this is over.”
I really would like to blame Trump. But everything he is doing is with TV news’ full acquiescence. Trump doesn’t force the networks to show his rallies live rather than do real reporting. Nor does he force anyone to accept his phone calls rather than demand that he do a face-to-face interview that would be a greater risk for him. TV news has largely given Trump editorial control. It is driven by a hunger for ratings—and the people who run the networks and the news channels are only too happy to make that Faustian bargain.

Donald Trump 2016: Blame TV - POLITICO Magazine

But the problem is not that tv people have long done "stupid ****" for ratings, as if they took some fun time, a break from their journalism profession to keep the bosses happy by making some money by being silly. No, the problem is that there seems to be no on left on the property who remembers what journalism is, and very few who have the subject matter expertise required to report intelligently on their assignments. And just to be clear it is not just the "reporters" and "commentators", it quickly becomes clear that there are not any smart skilled editors remaining either.

THERE IS ALMOST NO ONE TRYING TO DO IT RIGHT!

Is it any wonder that while America still sometimes tunes in we dont for the most part take what we see seriously? That we dont expect to see serious news? That we are mostly more than happy to forgo the reality TV version of the news for the product of a true entertainer named Donald Trump?

Look at the White House. They’re basically running their own news organization. They bypass us every day. We’re just trying to keep up.”

The White House has been doing this for years, with almost no objection from anywhere, to include the American people. Dont blame Trump, everything this woman (CAMPBELL BROWN, who maybe I have seen on TV but I dont remember her, and I have not watched TV news in years....because it sucks) is complaining about predates Trump, he was just the smart guy who decided to take the media world as it is and use it, while nearly everyone else was in denial.

Forget about impersonation:

Simmons admitted that he defrauded the government in 2008 when he got work as a team leader in an Army program, and again in 2010 when he was deployed to Afghanistan as an intelligence adviser, the statement said.

He said he made similar false statements in a 2009 bid to get work with the State Department's Worldwide Protective Service.

Simmons also admitted to defrauding an unidentified woman out of $125,000 in a bogus real estate investment. When he was arrested, Simmons illegally possessed two firearms, which he was barred from having because of prior felonies, including a state conviction and two federal firearms violations.

Holy ****

This incident further demonstrates the fraud that is the GWOT :thumbdown

Not really.

Feds and networks need to be more diligent in their "due diligence."

The good news:

A grand jury indicted him in October for portraying himself as an "Outside Paramilitary Special Operations Officer" for the Central Intelligence Agency from 1973 to 2000.

Simmons pleaded guilty to charges of major fraud against the U.S. government, wire fraud and a firearms offense. He faces up to 40 years in prison. Sentencing is set for July 15. Fox News terrorism pundit pleads guilty to faking CIA ties | Reuters

Maybe you didn't read the part where I trashed the government too. Reading is fundamental, 'ya know. :mrgreen:

That reinforces Lutherf's post.

Article is here

Figures you'd be the one johnny on the spot with this. Of course where are you when the liberals slip? I'm trying to think when that's happened. Maybe never?

Article is here

Simmons also admitted to defrauding an unidentified woman out of $125,000 in a bogus real estate investment. When he was arrested, Simmons illegally possessed two firearms, which he was barred from having because of prior felonies, including a state conviction and two federal firearms violations.

Seems perfect for Faux News. He is after all a CONman. Its also amusing the cons on this thread posting about others who have committed similar discretion's as if that excuses it. Particularly since on most of their other posts they are trashing those very same people as to how not to behave. Now its used as a rationalization that everyone does it. Too funny.

Figures you'd be the one johnny on the spot with this. Of course where are you when the liberals slip? I'm trying to think when that's happened. Maybe never?

My, aren't we the snarky little one today.

Article is here

I guess Fox has to do background investigations on everyone they put on TV? They can't have a bad hire or make a mistake like the channels on the left and every other company? You are trying to convince me that Fox put him on the air knowing he was a fraud. Sorry, I don't buy it.

I guess Fox has to do background investigations on everyone they put on TV? They can't have a bad hire or make a mistake like the channels on the left and every other company? You are trying to convince me that Fox put him on the air knowing he was a fraud. Sorry, I don't buy it.

No. Read my post again. As for FOX News, I merely stated that they had a fraud on the air. But that's not really news. FOX News IS a fraud passing as a news organization. As for background investigations not being done, I had posted that this was the government that did not do the checks.

No. Read my post again. As for FOX News, I merely stated that they had a fraud on the air. But that's not really news. FOX News IS a fraud passing as a news organization. As for background investigations not being done, I had posted that this was the government that did not do the checks.

Fox is a news channel like all of them. They do hard news and they do analysis and commentary. The hard news is of the same quality as the hard news from any other channel. The analysis and commentary are right leaning in the same way that MSNBC is left leaning. What makes it a fraud?

Back
Top Bottom