• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News stands with CNN: ‘Passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized’

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Fox News stands with CNN: ‘Passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized’

fnc-fox-news-logo.gif

11/14/18
Fox News announced on Wednesday that it supports CNN’s efforts to restore Jim Acosta’s White House credential after the network filed a lawsuit against the Trump administration. “Fox News supports CNN in its legal effort to regain its White House reporter’s press credential. We intend to file an amicus brief with the U.S. District Court. Secret Service passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized. While we don’t condone the growing antagonistic tone by both the president and the press at recent media avails, we do support a free press, access and open exchanges for the American people,” Fox News President Jay Wallace said in a statement. The White House Correspondents’ Association – of which Fox News is a member – issued a statement in support of CNN's decision to take legal action. “We continue to urge the administration to reverse course and fully reinstate CNN’s correspondent,” WHCA President Olivier Knox said. “The President of the United States should not be in the business of arbitrarily picking the men and women who cover him.”

FOX is joining CNN's lawsuit against the White House via a "friend of the court" (amicus) brief. I give FOX due credit for this stance. :thumbs:

As FOX notes, neither Donald Trump nor Sarah Sanders should ever weaponize media access to the President/White House/WH pressers.

fnc-fox-news-logo.gif

FOX is joining CNN's lawsuit against the White House via a "friend of the court" (amicus) brief. I give FOX due credit for this stance. :thumbs:

As FOX notes, neither Donald Trump nor Sarah Sanders should ever weaponize media access to the President/White House/WH pressers.

Surely this is fake news? I would NEVER have thought Fox would do anything so moral and ethical like this.

If true, this is great.

Of course, they probably realize that if the WH succeeded on this, it could come back and bite them in the ass in the near future, with a new administration, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt here.

Cavalcade of conservative character and comprehension

Last edited:

fnc-fox-news-logo.gif

When the "journalist" weaponizes himself he needs to get his act together and respect the President and his fellow journalists.

Well how about that?

They've finally found a GOPer too scummy to defend.

I regularly trash Fox News (rightfully so), but good for them for this stance. And, for what it is worth, they have made similar stances in the past as well when CNN was the target of this administration. I don't like much about them, but will give them credit when its due.

If true, this is great.

Of course, they probably realize that if the WH succeeded on this, it could come back and bite them in the ass in the near future, with a new administration, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt here.

It may be a little cynical to believe this, but more importantly, it's just plain practical. Even the executives at Fox News are capable of calculating that doing the right thing now makes their lives a whole lot easier the next time a Democrat is sitting in the Oval Office.

They've bought themselves future moral capital, and that's smart.

Bravo to Fox and CNN. We can't sick back and let our president cherry pick what the networks or reporters can report about him.

It may be a little cynical to believe this, but more importantly, it's just plain practical. Even the executives at Fox News are capable of calculating that doing the right thing now makes their lives a whole lot easier the next time a Democrat is sitting in the Oval Office.

They've bought themselves future moral capital, and that's smart.

Agreed.

fnc-fox-news-logo.gif

Not only that...

The whitehouse, only after being sued by CNN, changed its lying story about him making contact with the intern. Funny how liars straighten up only when the law is getting thrown in their faces.

If true, this is great.

I don't remember the exact details, but the Obama administration once shut Fox out. The MSM stood with Fox and the White House backed down quickly.

It's only right for Fox to return the favor. I'm glad to see they are.

Whether looking back or forward, it makes sense.

Surely this is fake news? I would NEVER have thought Fox would do anything so moral and ethical like this.

There's little to take exception with about Fox News' news division operations, management and content delivery; however, Fox News doesn't air news division content during prime time. During prime time (morning and evening), Fox News airs entertainment and editorial content.

Simply put, Fox News' non-news content is perceived as news and news analysis, rather than as editorial content, largely because the network has the word "news" in its name and the networks' main viewers (conservatives) are naive to differences between news, news analysis and editorials.
There are also the problems that (1) only about a quarter of the population perfectly distinguish positive and normative statements, and (2) that folks are more likely to "correctly classify a factual statement and to incorrectly classify an opinion as factual when it was more amenable to [their own political stance/affinity]."[SUP]1[/SUP]

Note:
  1. Additionally, it seems to me that far too many folks haven't any idea of the difference between a positive assertion and a truthful assertion.
    • Positive statements --> Declarations about an existential and/or extant past, present or future quality/status or phenomenon.
    • Truthful statements --> Positive assertions that are wholly accurate existentially and contextually.

Respect is earned. It is not demanded by position.

I assumed all adults knew this but of course that was in the days before Donald Trump.

Trump will get respect when he's earned it. Until then, he is begging for whatever negative thoughts he's agitating against him.

I assumed all adults knew this but of course that was in the days before Donald Trump.

Trump will get respect when he's earned it. Until then, he is begging for whatever negative thoughts he's agitating against him.

BUDDY!!!!! :kissy:

It is actually a no-brainer. They know the tables can and will turn.

Come here often? Long time no seeum........

I don't remember the exact details, but the Obama administration once shut Fox out. The MSM stood with Fox and the White House backed down quickly.

It's only right for Fox to return the favor. I'm glad to see they are.

Whether looking back or forward, it makes sense.

If I remember correctly, it was because Obama didn't consider Fox News an actual news organization. To be honest, most others don't, either. :lol: But yeah, that plug was pulled pretty quickly.

No president should pull press passes. None of them.

Love you too, sweet pea. Missed you. <hug>

Same here! I needed a break from the election douchebaggery of DP and watching people whore themselves for the world's biggest whore, Trump. Have things improved while I was on a self-imposed exile?

By the way, I remember when you did the same thing. You have to take breaks for your sanity! Otherwise you begin to drool when reading posts that resemble a cross between "Rules of Engagement for the KKK" and "See Spot Run".

tres .... it's great seeing you again my dear friend :2wave:

Same here! I needed a break from the election douchebaggery of DP and watching people whore themselves for the world's biggest whore, Trump. Have things improved while I was on a self-imposed exile?

By the way, I remember when you did the same thing. You have to take breaks for your sanity! Otherwise you begin to drool when reading posts that resemble a cross between "Rules of Engagement for the KKK" and "See Spot Run".

Sorry, no!

If I remember correctly, it was because Obama didn't consider Fox News an actual news organization. To be honest, most others don't, either. :lol: But yeah, that plug was pulled pretty quickly.

No president should pull press passes. None of them.

Right.

They have latitude in deciding whom to give passes to. There needs to be vetting to earn a chair in that room.

But pulling the pass with no more cause than the journalist got under the president's skin? With made up accusations about what Acosta did, accusations the White House is suddenly quiet about, now that they have been put on the spot legally?

Not cool.

Such a stupid, dishonest, impulsive, anti-American-traditions man that a frighteningly large percentage of the country admire. Not a majority, thank God. But still too large.

Back
Top Bottom