• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News stands with CNN: ‘Passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized’

Sorry, no!

Yeah, I took a look around before logging in today to see if I felt like joining in again. I see a lot of new posters. And the collective IQ of many of them can't be quantified because I don't think we have a number that low.

Yeah, I took a look around before logging in today to see if I felt like joining in again. I see a lot of new posters. And the collective IQ of many of them can't be quantified because I don't think we have a number that low.

I guess we have to rely on imaginary numbers

Respect is earned. It is not demanded by position.

Hitting an interns arm is not respect it is rude and unprofessional not only hitting her once but twice when he
was asked to turn the mic over.

that is why his pass was pulled.

The girl was like 90 pounds.

i agree pulling passes just because you don't like the person is a big no no.
What ascosta did was un-acceptable.

I regularly trash Fox News (rightfully so), but good for them for this stance. And, for what it is worth, they have made similar stances in the past as well when CNN was the target of this administration. I don't like much about them, but will give them credit when its due.

An admirable quality that is unfortunately rare these days.

When the "journalist" weaponizes himself he needs to get his act together and respect the President and his fellow journalists.

Respect is a two way street. When Donald shows more respect for others, Surprise!... he’ll get more.

Fox News stands with CNN: ‘Passes for working White House journalists should never be weaponized’

fnc-fox-news-logo.gif

FOX is joining CNN's lawsuit against the White House via a "friend of the court" (amicus) brief. I give FOX due credit for this stance. :thumbs:

As FOX notes, neither Donald Trump nor Sarah Sanders should ever weaponize media access to the President/White House/WH pressers.

Apparently the trump supporters who watch Fox News are not happy with fox’s Support of cnn, take a look at the comments section responding to Howard kurtz’s Twitter announcement

https://mobile.twitter.com/HowardKurtz/status/1062734002975596544

Respect is a two way street. When Donald shows more respect for others, Surprise!... he’ll get more.
Funny, he's the only "journalist" having this problem. Ever wonder why?

Funny, he's the only "journalist" having this problem. Ever wonder why?

There was only one “enemy of the people”? I am relieved, but why has Trump personally insulted other reporters?

Is there any behavior that you folks would deem unacceptable by a reporter? Any behavior that would warrant pulling their pass? Any behavior that would warrant pulling their pass without calling it an infringement of the 1st amendment? What behavior might that be?

There was only one “enemy of the people”? I am relieved, but why has Trump personally insulted other reporters?
Maybe journalism schools should teach "sticks and stones . . ." in Journalism 1A.

I regularly trash Fox News (rightfully so), but good for them for this stance. And, for what it is worth, they have made similar stances in the past as well when CNN was the target of this administration. I don't like much about them, but will give them credit when its due.

You saved me some typing. However, with the narcissism in play here, will conman-in-chief reconsider his devotion to his own ego ?

Same here! I needed a break from the election douchebaggery of DP and watching people whore themselves for the world's biggest whore, Trump. Have things improved while I was on a self-imposed exile?

By the way, I remember when you did the same thing. You have to take breaks for your sanity! Otherwise you begin to drool when reading posts that resemble a cross between "Rules of Engagement for the KKK" and "See Spot Run".

Yeah I was gone for a couple of years. Missed it, but needed to get away for a while. And no, as I'm sure you've seen, things have only gotten worse. The things that are excused now simply boggles the mind.

Hitting an interns arm is not respect it is rude and unprofessional not only hitting her once but twice when he

Right, but crickets now from the White House over the alleged assault and the doctored video.

Her weight doesn't matter. She put her hands on him first. She should be sued.

When the "journalist" weaponizes himself he needs to get his act together and respect the President and his fellow journalists.

I thought your first amendment spoke to the contrary...?

Ludin...if you think he was hitting that girl, you're ridiculous. Stop it, it's embarrassing, or it should be. From watching the video about a hundred times, he was clearly gesturing at Trump, and she stepped into what he should have been able to take for granted as personal space, and contact was made, after which arms were brought in and apologies made. Trump was talking with his hands too, if she would have pulled the same move on him, contact would have been made there too.

Stop this silliness.

Yeah I was gone for a couple of years. Missed it, but needed to get away for a while. And no, as I'm sure you've seen, things have only gotten worse. The things that are excused now simply boggles the mind.

I've already noticed.

I thought your first amendment spoke to the contrary...?
What about the first amendment rights of the dozens of other reporters in the room? Acosta had asked a question, it was time for another report to have a turn. Acosta's obstinate, self-aggrandizing refusal to cede the microphone impacted on their rights.

Who, Trump? Yeah, he should. Let a real man come in and answer questions. Not a petulant child.
Somewhat ironic in that liberals have acted like petulant children since Trump was elected. And I don't foresee any improvement.

What about the first amendment rights of the dozens of other reporters in the room? Acosta had asked a question, it was time for another report to have a turn. Acosta's obstinate, self-aggrandizing refusal to cede the microphone impacted on their rights.

lmao...so, he was robbing of them of their 1A rights by trying to finish his questions?

Dude... :lol: Come on. I'm not even going to respond to this seriously.

It surprises me how many people act like CNN or Acosta was robbed of their 1A rights. Getting into the most secured building in the world and being allowed to ask questions of the top office and his advisers is a privilege. He is still free to write whatever the hell he wants and CNN is free to send someone professional to take his place.

He was rude. The only reason the intern was trying to get to the mic is that he had asked and been answered. Other reporters wanted their turn. He kept going.

There is no magical protection from civility granted by a press pass. Acosta likes to try to become the story instead of tell one.

The most powerful thing CNN could do is send someone in who asks the right questions and doesn't act rude to everyone else. Then they can say they are more interested in the truth than protecting a jackass.

CNN has a right to report the news and get close as long as they respect the rules of the room. Acosta has no special birthright to the pass.

Right, but crickets now from the White House over the alleged assault and the doctored video.

Her weight doesn't matter. She put her hands on him first. She should be sued.

No the video was not doctored. The video was simply slowed down to show what happened.
No she shouldn't be she was trying to get the mic and he was asked to turn it over.

She eached for it and he pushed her away.

#onlycareeswhenrepub's do it.

No the video was not doctored. The video was simply slowed down to show what happened.
No she shouldn't be she was trying to get the mic and he was asked to turn it over.

She eached for it and he pushed her away.

#onlycareeswhenrepub's do it.

~ snip ~ But a frame-by-frame comparison with an Associated Press video of the same incident shows that the one tweeted by Sanders appears to have been altered to speed up Acosta’s arm movement as he touches the intern’s arm, according to Abba Shapiro, an independent video producer who examined the footage at AP’s request.

Earlier, Shapiro noticed that frames in the tweeted video were frozen to slow down the action, allowing it to run the same length as the AP one.

The tweeted video also does not have any audio, which Shapiro said would make it easier to alter.
~ snip ~

https://www.apnews.com/c575bd1cc3b1456cb3057ef670c7fe2a

Back
Top Bottom