• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Shutdown! Jay Carney Won't Call on Ed Henry, So He Walks Out of Briefing

Wehrwolfen

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Tim Graham
October 12, 2013

Talk about your government shutdown. Conservatives would have enjoyed watching liberal TV reporters sputter if President Bush had completely skipped the first row of reporters and picked only friendly reporters, even writers for conservative blog sites. But the media elites would have thrown a major tantrum about censorship -- including Jay Carney in his tenure at Time magazine.

Put the shoe on the other foot, and the liberal media is pretty quiet. President Obama failed to call on TV reporters at his Wednesday press conference, even though he came to The Huffington Post for a shoe-shine question. Then Tommy Christopher at Mediaite pointed out White House press briefer Jay Carney aggressively ignored Ed Henry of Fox News twice at Friday’s briefing, so he walked out:

At Friday afternoon’s long-delayed briefing, Carney had gone through every TV reporter when Ed Henry began to ask his question. He got out “Jay…” before Carney called on The Chicago Tribune‘s [Obama fangirl] Christi Parsons, and as she asked her question, Henry could be seen shaking his head.​

Henry tried again on the next question, and when Carney ignored him again, Henry smiled, got up, and walked out. While Fox News hasn’t always gotten a question at presidential press conferences, this was the first time in memory that a Fox News reporter wasn’t called on at a daily briefing.​

Henry has sparred noticeably with Carney in recent weeks. This probably wouldn’t have happened to Henry if he’d stayed at CNN!

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Fox News Shutdown! Jay Carney Won't Call on Ed Henry, So He Walks Out of Briefing | NewsBusters

Infantile and Petulant reactions by the Spite House and their minions is quite apparent. Had any of these tirades been performed during the Bush administration the LSM would have been up in arms.

By Tim Graham
October 12, 2013

Talk about your government shutdown. Conservatives would have enjoyed watching liberal TV reporters sputter if President Bush had completely skipped the first row of reporters and picked only friendly reporters, even writers for conservative blog sites. But the media elites would have thrown a major tantrum about censorship -- including Jay Carney in his tenure at Time magazine.

Put the shoe on the other foot, and the liberal media is pretty quiet. President Obama failed to call on TV reporters at his Wednesday press conference, even though he came to The Huffington Post for a shoe-shine question. Then Tommy Christopher at Mediaite pointed out White House press briefer Jay Carney aggressively ignored Ed Henry of Fox News twice at Friday’s briefing, so he walked out:

At Friday afternoon’s long-delayed briefing, Carney had gone through every TV reporter when Ed Henry began to ask his question. He got out “Jay…” before Carney called on The Chicago Tribune‘s [Obama fangirl] Christi Parsons, and as she asked her question, Henry could be seen shaking his head.​

Henry tried again on the next question, and when Carney ignored him again, Henry smiled, got up, and walked out. While Fox News hasn’t always gotten a question at presidential press conferences, this was the first time in memory that a Fox News reporter wasn’t called on at a daily briefing.​

Henry has sparred noticeably with Carney in recent weeks. This probably wouldn’t have happened to Henry if he’d stayed at CNN!

[Excerpt]

Read more:
Fox News Shutdown! Jay Carney Won't Call on Ed Henry, So He Walks Out of Briefing | NewsBusters

Infantile and Petulant reactions by the Spite House and their minions is quite apparent. Had any of these tirades been performed during the Bush administration the LSM would have been up in arms.

Did you see CNN's Jim Acosta taking on Carney about the military survivor payments? Carney about lost his temper, and didn't answer the question Acosta asked, even though he asked it over, and over, and over.

And there was this back on September 30th that pissed Carney off as well:

That's why Obama stayed with his buddies and ignored the front row. He can't justify his inaction and refusal to negotiate, so he just doesn't talk to anyone that would ask him about it.

Last edited:
Wow you're favorite "news source" didn't get a chance to ask a question, once, and it results in this much butthurt?

Do conservatives get tired being outraged all the time? Seems to me that would just be exhausting.

At Friday afternoon’s long-delayed briefing
Since there was nothing new but whacks on Cruz..
Carney had gone through every TV reporter when Ed Henry began to ask his question. He got out “Jay…”Henry tried again on the next question, and when Carney ignored him again, Henry smiled, got up, and walked out. While Fox News hasn’t always gotten a question at presidential press conferences, this was the first time in memory that a Fox News reporter wasn’t called on at a daily briefing.
I would call this progress----ive..

since henry hasn't changed at all from CNN to FOX..
This over-the-top 'talk' is similar to Henry..

Last edited:
Do conservatives get tired being outraged all the time? Seems to me that would just be exhausting.

What is really exhausting is conservatives being ignored and dismissed by the Democrats. In effect, Democrats are ignoring and dismissing nearly half the population of the US.

Well, the WH just shot down a Senate bill to reopen the government and to fund Obamacare. The bill asked for a delay (not a repeal) of the 3.7% surtax on medical devices. The bill was 99.5% of what Obama wanted and a complete capitulation by Republicans (lead, of course, by chief capitulators Collins and McCain) but he shot it down. I mean...seriously...here's what the RINO's asked for:

The plan now feature six main provisions:

- Fund the federal government for six months, ending a partial shutdown now in its 12th day.

- Extend the debt limit through Jan. 31, although Democrats are pushing for a longer extension.

- Give federal agencies more flexibility to implement sequestration budget cuts.

- Delay for two years a medical device tax that helps pay for Obamacare while offering a way to offset the lost revenues.

- Require income verification for those who seek federal subsidies to pay for insurance under the health care law.

- Require immediate budget negotiations between the two chambers with a mid-January deadline.

And that's enough to make the democrats call foul?

Anybody who believes that it's the Republicans that are causing this mess just isn't paying attention.
Republicans block consideration of a Democratic bill to extend the debt limit | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

What is really exhausting is conservatives being ignored and dismissed by the Democrats. In effect, Democrats are ignoring and dismissing nearly half the population of the US.

It isn't even just conservatives! Obama kicked the Collins proposal to the curb and that was pure capitulation. The democrats not only want it all but they want sprinkles and a cherry on top or they're just not going to play.

:coffeepap

Huh? You say something?

:mrgreen:

ConservativeOutrageDispenser.jpg

Considering how conservatives and Republicans have been going on and on for five years about how Obama and the Democrats hate America, and are Marxist fascist Islamoappeasers who want to destroy the U.S. and abolish Christianity, why on earth should the Democrats EVER give them the time of day?

Well, the WH just shot down a Senate bill to reopen the government and to fund Obamacare. The bill asked for a delay (not a repeal) of the 3.7% surtax on medical devices. The bill was 99.5% of what Obama wanted and a complete capitulation by Republicans (lead, of course, by chief capitulators Collins and McCain) but he shot it down. I mean...seriously...here's what the RINO's asked for:

The plan now feature six main provisions:

And that's enough to make the democrats call foul?

Anybody who believes that it's the Republicans that are causing this mess just isn't paying attention.
Republicans block consideration of a Democratic bill to extend the debt limit | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram

This has what to do with being outraged that a certain reporter did not get picked to ask a question?

This has what to do with being outraged that a certain reporter did not get picked to ask a question?

What do you think he was going to be asking about!?

I'm sorry but I find it stimulating when those proven to promote ignorance, hatred, racism, illogical righteousness are ignored.

Wow you're favorite "news source" didn't get a chance to ask a question, once, and it results in this much butthurt?

Seems they speak for the people rather than the Progressive Marxist media that covers this administration on its power hunger, mistakes and criminal actions.

Seems they speak for the people rather than the Progressive Marxist media that covers this administration on its power hunger, mistakes and criminal actions.
What's with the bolded text. Are you feeling a tad impotent and need to pretend a level of forcefulness? You conservatives are just not happy unless you're bitching about your victimhood. What a bunch of pansies.

What do you think he was going to be asking about!?

The outrage is that he did not get called upon. Pretty petty thing to be outraged over.

I'm sorry but I find it stimulating when those proven to promote ignorance, hatred, racism, illogical righteousness are ignored.

What a crock!!

Conservative do not promote any of that. But hey, darling, if you think you are right, then post me a link or two to justify your bull****.

Considering how conservatives and Republicans have been going on and on for five years about how Obama and the Democrats hate America, and are Marxist fascist Islamoappeasers who want to destroy the U.S. and abolish Christianity, why on earth should the Democrats EVER give them the time of day?

Another liberal spouting bull****. Maybe YOU can give me a link or two?

What a crock!!

Conservative do not promote any of that. But hey, darling, if you think you are right, then post me a link or two to justify your bull****.
ROFL. Aw, what's a matter? Truth hurts? Folks like yourself will find the most lame reasons, or falsehoods if necessary, to discount anything you don't want to be true. So why would I be so foolish as to waste my time? Isn't that the point? Don't suffer fools. Just as Carney didn't.

So half of the country promotes ignorance, hatred, racism and illogical righteousness? Something tells me your statement is ignorant, illogical and hateful.

So half of the country promotes ignorance, hatred, racism and illogical righteousness? Something tells me your statement is ignorant, illogical and hateful.
Half the country? No.
Fox News to half the country, yes.

Another liberal spouting bull****. Maybe YOU can give me a link or two?

Are you kidding? Just read nearly any thread that discusses Obama and/or Democrats. Heck, Wehrwolfen did it as recently as post #16. These kinds of stupid attacks are so common amongst conservatives they're like white noise.

Are you kidding? Just read nearly any thread that discusses Obama and/or Democrats. Heck, Wehrwolfen did it as recently as post #16. These kinds of stupid attacks are so common amongst conservatives they're like white noise.

Oh??

I didn't know Jay Carney and the Obama administration based their actions on what people say in this thread, but okay...if you say so then I'll retract my statement.

Back
Top Bottom