• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News Shows Their Love For Howard Kurtz

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Too funny...

[video=youtube;7FQwt4tnwYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7FQwt4tnwYs[/video]

I think the left is just showing their elation that CNN dumped a journalist that doesn't tout their talking points.

I think the left is just showing their elation that CNN dumped a journalist that doesn't tout their talking points.

It seems they're accustomed to everyone humming the same tune.

If you'd be kind enough to explain this...

For someone who is not from the US, such as myself, FOX seems to be a more conservative, republican news channel. That is the case, right? Also, even if one concurs with much of what they say, from what I have seen on YouTube (I admit that, often, only the bad stuff is uploaded there), is there anyone who really watches that as their main source of news? Or is there anyone who supports the channel or the people who work for it?

I mean, that O'Reilly guy... What the...?

He's a political commentator.......capeesh?

"Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that," sounds more like a brain fart than political commentary. But, then again, I did say I was basing my judgement upon stuff I see on YouTube, and my judgement isn't flawless, so you can spare the sarcasm. Doesn't make you or your friend sound any smarter. I'm only interested in conversing politely.

"Tide goes in, tide goes out. You can't explain that," sounds more like a brain fart than political commentary. But, then again, I did say I was basing my judgement upon stuff I see on YouTube, and my judgement isn't flawless, so you can spare the sarcasm. Doesn't make you or your friend sound any smarter. I'm only interested in conversing politely.
Well, you've come to the right place then. Okay, maybe not, but it's better than the alternatives. With Fox, like any other television news outlet here, there is hard news with some particular political slant, and then there is also presented commentary and opinion, which is very obviously tilted in some direction or another. It's really up to the viewer to separate all of this political import from the basic news. Some of the commentary and opinion is pretty straight forward, but an awful lot of it is over the top. That is what passes for news here. In my opinion, reading the news is better simply because one can reference different sources during the process to determine what is actual, and what is spin. It could be that I'm just too stupid to absorb the television variety while simultaneously confirming it, but in any case, I find confirmation to be necessary.

I'm missing what's funny, I guess. Somebody's put together a YouTube of various Fox commentators criticizing this guy, but now they'll be working alongside him. Ironic? Maybe.

I do watch Fox when I have TV news on, and I'll look forward to hearing what Kurtz has to say.

No, that's why it is the highest rated cable news channel.

It's the highest rated cable news channel because the large part of the viewer population is 65 or older. You get that, right?

Too funny...

Gee Pete, I think their complaint was that a show called reliable sources shouldnt be based on Media Matters and Kurtz was being a tool for being giving them an entire show as a platform.

I think thats an honest assessment and may be part of why Kurtz left CNN because his reputation was lending the show credibility it did not deserve.

It's the highest rated cable news channel because the large part of the viewer population is 65 or older. You get that, right?

Care to cite a source for that? It surely is not evident in the advertisers that choose to use that network.

For someone who is not from the US, such as myself, FOX seems to be a more conservative, republican news channel. That is the case, right? Also, even if one concurs with much of what they say, from what I have seen on YouTube (I admit that, often, only the bad stuff is uploaded there), is there anyone who really watches that as their main source of news? Or is there anyone who supports the channel or the people who work for it?

I mean, that O'Reilly guy... What the...?

O'Reilly is what passes for a deep thinking political analyst on Fox. He tends to simplify every complex problem so that the average Neanderthal Fox viewer can understand it. Essentially his political philosophy can be summed up as follows:

Democrats = Bad
Obama = Really bad
Republicans = Good
Far Right Republicans = God's representatives here on earth

Hope this helps you understand the complex nature of Fox News.

No, it's the highest rated cable news channel because whereas most of us split our viewership between a variety of non right wing sources, where else is that portion of the population that really believes white folks are oppressed, there is a war on Christmas, and Obama is the anti-Christ going to go for their TV jollies?

Answer? Fox News, where their paranoia is fed all day long.

Too funny...

It ought to make break time in the Fox News Room really interesting. Right after the prayer meeting, they can gather round and rip Kurtz. Hilarious!

Too funny...

Wow...! Those who posted, "talk about fair and balanced" weren't kidding. Only one FoxNews commentator in that clip supported Howard Kurtz' arrival despite receiving criticism from Kurtz herself. What a shame. You'd think the journalist, news anchors and/or commentators at FoxNews whose motto is "fair and balanced" would welcome the views from the newest journalist (Bill O'Reilly gave him props in that regard) to their panel. Why? Because atleast they could push back against those who claim their brand of journalism isn't "fair" or nowhere near "balanced" on political issues.

Pity they'd do everything they could to give this guy the cold shoulder.

Gee Pete, I think their complaint was that a show called reliable sources shouldnt be based on Media Matters and Kurtz was being a tool for being giving them an entire show as a platform.

I think thats an honest assessment and may be part of why Kurtz left CNN because his reputation was lending the show credibility it did not deserve.
For someone who has admitted he doesn't watch TV, how would you know? Here is the source of his problems with CNN and The Daily Beast:

‘I Screwed Up’: Howard Kurtz Gets Grilled On Controversy Over His Erroneous Jason Collins Story | Mediaite

For someone who has admitted he doesn't watch TV, how would you know? Here is the source of his problems with CNN and The Daily Beast:

‘I Screwed Up’: Howard Kurtz Gets Grilled On Controversy Over His Erroneous Jason Collins Story | Mediaite

I watched YOUR source. :roll:

EVERYONE that listens to or studies US politics has heard of Kurtz. Up until the Collins story his credibility was quite good.

My inferrence on CNN may be wrong but from what I saw at Fox from your source, their complaint was with the show he hosted and its relationship with media matters.

I watched YOUR source. :roll:

EVERYONE that listens to or studies US politics has heard of Kurtz. Up until the Collins story his credibility was quite good.

My inferrence on CNN may be wrong but from what I saw at Fox from your source, their complaint was with the show he hosted and its relationship with media matters.

A large percentage of the stories Media Matters does is about Fox, so its only natural their hosts in turn bash MM. I can't refute any claim made of a relationship between Kurtz and MM, so I won't try. However, I do remember one instance when Kurtz played a video clip from MM. I don't think Kurtz plays favorites, he hits both the left and the right and has been known to hit hosts on his own station CNN. As for him leaving CNN, I think that was about the Collins story and getting new blood.

I mean,that O'Reilly guy ... What the...?

If you have a complaint about "that O'Reilly guy" why not explain what it is? Have you no freedom of speech where you're from?

Saying Fox is the highest rated cable news channel is like saying Marcel Marceau is the most famous mime

Marcel Marceau is the most famous mime. Both your statements are true.

Where is the point?

Back
Top Bottom