• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox News shareholder funded ‘Ground Zero mosque’ imam: report

pbrauer

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
News Corp’s number-two shareholder funded ‘terror mosque’ planner

News Corp’s number-two shareholder funded ‘terror mosque’ planner - Yahoo! News

alwaleed.jpg

The opponents of the proposed Cordoba Initiative Islamic center planned for Lower Manhattan are fond of suggesting, by way of lengthy and often confusing chains of causation and association, that its principal planner, Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, is connected to terrorism. "The imam has been tied to some shady characters," Fox Business Channel's Eric Bolling recently said, "so should we worry that terror dollars could be funding the project?" Blogger Pamela Geller, who has become a regular talking head on cable-news channels to denounce the mosque, has noted Rauf's involvement with a Malaysian peace group that funded the group that organized the Gaza flotilla under the headline, "Ground Zero Imam Rauf's 'Charity' Funded Genocide Mission."

H/T: MMfA

Re: News Corp’s number-two shareholder funded ‘terror mosque’ planner

I see that you watch the Daily Show, Newscorp is a publically traded company, do you know what that means? It means no one has control over who purchases said stock on the open market. Imam Rauf on the other hand is more than capable of denying the money from that Wahhabist POS.

Now is the Daily Show really this ****ing stupid or are they really this ****ing evil? (watch the Daily Show episode in question and you'll get the reference) I think they really are that ****ing evil but their major demographic is really that ****ing stupid.

Fox News shareholder funded ‘Ground Zero mosque’ imam: report

The second largest shareholder in News Corp. -- the parent company of Fox News -- has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars to causes linked to the imam planning to build a Muslim community center and mosque near Ground Zero in Manhattan, says a report from Yahoo!News.

According to the report from Yahoo!'s John Cook, Saudi Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, who owns seven percent of News Corp., "has directly funded [Imam Feisal Abdul] Rauf's projects to the tune of more than $300,000."

Cook reports that Prince Al-Waleed's personal charity, the Kingdom Foundation, donated $305,000 to Muslim Leaders of Tomorrow, a project sponsored by two of Rauf's initiatives, the American Society for Muslim Advancement and the Cordoba Initiative, which is building the Manhattan mosque.

That's right, the Kingdom Foundation...

Hey, Fox and Friends fans, where have you heard that before, the Kingdom Foundation... Sound familiar???

So, the Saudi Prince who will be funding the "terror" Mosque, is also the 2nd largest shareholder of News Corp??

How come the 'fair and balanced' folks over there at Fox haven't mentioned this?

Are they dishonest or just plain stupid as **** all?

I think the cronies of Fox are unaware but the manipulators well damn know. This is what Republican advertisers do though; stick with a touchy scary subject with a strong subject and drive it home as much as possible.

I see that you watch the Daily Show, Newscorp is a publically traded company, do you know what that means? It means no one has control over who purchases said stock on the open market. Imam Rauf on the other hand is more than capable of denying the money from that Wahhabist POS.

Now is the Daily Show really this ****ing stupid or are they really this ****ing evil? (watch the Daily Show episode in question and you'll get the reference) I think they really are that ****ing evil but their major demographic is really that ****ing stupid.

So have you made that fort in Waco yet?

Considering that Fox News supported the iman by having him on their channel many times, plus saw no problems with the new building as early as December 2009, then who is more stupid... Fox News or the Daily Show?

Ya I saw this too on the Daily Show, Jon Stewart did a hilarious piece about it.

This was probably one of the funniest things I've seen on The Daily Show in a while. "If there not stupid as I think they are, they are REALLY evil" :lamo

Last week he was 'following the money trail'. Looks like he hit the ****ing jackpot with that notecard.

Jon Steward really nailed it. Funny as hell.

Me, I'm with the stupid theory. A rock has a higher IQ than the hosts of Fox and Friends combined.

This was probably one of the funniest things I've seen on The Daily Show in a while. "If there not stupid as I think they are, they are REALLY evil" :lamo

I agree. Almost as sad as it was funny.

Also Agent why are you calling Daily Show stupid? You obviously watch it.

I'm sorry...I don't get my news from comedians on comedy central. :shrug:

I also don't really understand how a shareholder is the responsibility of the organization as it is traded publically.

I'm sorry...I don't get my news from comedians on comedy central. :shrug:

I also don't really understand how a shareholder is the responsibility of the organization as it is traded publically.

So you get your news from comedians on Fox News instead? Why don't you just do some research yourself and you would see that they aren't bsing. Fox News is either really stupid or really evil. It's just that simple.

So you get your news from comedians on Fox News instead? Why don't you just do some research yourself and you would see that they aren't bsing. Fox News is either really stupid or really evil. It's just that simple.

No, I get my news from several sources, including foreign sources. Thanks for trying though.

I've done enough research to know that most of the smears against FOX are just that: smears. Just like most of the smears against any of the other news sources.

Any time someone starts in with the idiotic "such and such is teh EEEEEEEEEBIL!", my rational mind shuts down and goes directly into it's, "oh so this dude is trying to be a cartoon caricature" mode.

So then Fox never claimed that Kingdom Holding Company had "ties" with terrorist just so they could create more fear?

So then Fox never claimed that Kingdom Holding Company had "ties" with terrorist

I don't recall having said that. Perhaps you can point me to the post where I made that assertion concerning what FOX did and did not say.

just so they could create more fear?

I also don't recall making any assertions concerning motivations of news outlets. Perhaps you can show me where you got the idea I stated this one, too?

You said it was simply a smear to Fox, so facts are smears?

I am sorry to make assumptions.

You point out that because Daily Show caught onto the story (which was somewhere else earlier in the day) and gave Fox News the benefit of the doubt in the first place, but then Fox News essentially started drawing for straws so Daily Show called them out on it was?

I am sorry to make assumptions.

You point out that because Daily Show caught onto the story (which was somewhere else earlier in the day) and gave Fox News the benefit of the doubt in the first place, but then Fox News essentially started drawing for straws so Daily Show called them out on it was?

I'm saying that:

A) None of the news networks are evil. They all report with their own slants.

B) Fox may or may not have reported as you said (I don't really care whether they did or not except to point out that there's a HUGE difference between whether they reported it or some pundit commented on it).

C) Since News Corp is traded publically, FOX has zero liability for who its shareholders are.

I'm saying that:

A) None of the news networks are evil. They all report with their own slants.

B) Fox may or may not have reported as you said (I don't really care whether they did or not except to point out that there's a HUGE difference between whether they reported it or some pundit commented on it).

C) Since News Corp is traded publically, FOX has zero liability for who its shareholders are.

That's very true, but why would they be calling their 2nd biggest shareholder a funder of terrorist, and make a slant about the fact that their second biggest shareholder -might- be funding the Kordoba House?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom